Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of pictures...tell my wife I'm not obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Here!

My car finally arrived yesterday from Ohio.
I had a really hard time going back to work for the rest of the day. The night was spent gently washing it, and must admit that I had such a good time it was almost a little creepy.

I took it to Stuttgart Southwest for an inspection today, and the mechanic (a native German) asked me "Are you buying or selling it?" I told him that I already bought it, and I was hoping he wouldn't tell me something bad. His reply was "little late now, hu?" He had a good point. Luckily the worst thing he could find was a burned out engine compartment bulb. Not bad, so I had them change the oil while it was up there, and re-tension the timing belt. The belt only has 5000 miles on it, but it's over 5 years old. They said it looked fine but probably should be replaced next year. I think I'll do that.

The body and interior are about as perfect as I could ask for. I'll post some more pictures after I buff & detail it. It will be interesting to see what condition it takes to win at the PCA event in Carefree this weekend.

Now that I actually have a car, I'm looking forward to meeting all you Phoenix area guys.

Kevin
Old 10-27-2005, 09:31 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin
Welcome. Darn, you should have got it a month and a half ago! I passed through Phoenix on the way to Denver (a whole 1 1/2 hrs at the airport! )
As to the price, I cannot testify for the states, but here that thing is worth tripple what you paid. My 84 N/A is valued at $15k. It doesn't matter what you paid for it, just enjoy the P-car experience! I certainly do!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:42 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Brian. I've been to Australia a few times, great place to live.

I would have paid a lot more if I had known what I was missing!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 AM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Welcome--great-looking car!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Kevin, What a great looking car!!!!!!!

Your interior is to lust over....

I'm in school in Michigan right now but will be back in AZ in January. In the mean time if you like to drive check out a group in Tucson that organizes "fun runs." www.arizonarides.net
My close friends started the group a few years ago.
Sean
Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincnc

The body and interior are about as perfect as I could ask for. I'll post some more pictures after I buff & detail it. It will be interesting to see what condition it takes to win at the PCA event in Carefree this weekend.

Now that I actually have a car, I'm looking forward to meeting all you Phoenix area guys.

Kevin

Cool bring it out. I look forward to seeing it.

Seems like your car is an excellent concour car. However the stuff they look for even in the simple division is crazy. For example if there is dirt behind the pedals they will fine it and you will lose points. Grease in door latch.. bang.

That said this is great chance to see what you may want to do with the car in the future and meet some Porsche folks.

See you there
Old 10-28-2005, 01:36 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys.

Joe that concour does sound like a lot of work. I may even have mine professionally detailed to start with, then keep going from there. There's lots of oxidation on engine parts, that alone will take a while. Problem is it's too much fun to make it a show car, then I'd have to get another one to drive...and maybe another one for the track...

Anyone else going out to Carefee this weekend?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:48 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincnc
. Problem is it's too much fun to make it a show car, then I'd have to get another one to drive...and maybe another one for the track...
I have been there.

I had a 84 944 that was a show car. Won its class every time I showed it. Sold it back to is original owner. Have shown my 88 once. Did not that well and would take too much work. So that is nice driver. Then I have my 84 race car.

So yes.. concour car, driver, track car...

Yep.... I have been downsizing lately however. Concour car is sold. autocross car is for sale. I will be keeping my 951 and my race car however.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
nyawn
Cruisin'

NICE looking car. Very nice. FWIW, I also paid $12k for a a similar car...89 951 which had previously been in an accident, but had since been mainained in excellent condition. Mine had a bit more than 24k miles, though! (100k+) If the mechanic likes it, sounds like you got a good deal.

Just remember to look out for troopers before you try out the boost on the highway...it's addictive, I swear...
Old 10-28-2005, 06:10 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

I know what you mean about the boost, it's too late- I'm already addicted.

I forgot to mention that I purposely didn't tell the Stuttgart guys about the previous damage to the car. Their bodyman checked it out, and thought it never had any damage which is what I was hoping for.

Quick Reply: A couple of pictures...tell my wife I'm not obsessed