Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd gear top speed? help me out, for my court case

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the line that stood out to me:

Originally Posted by troll
mind you, i cant do this time as i am a full time student...
As opposed to what? A homeless, jobless person with no responsibilities? It's not meant to be convenient.

"well, yer honor, I can't do time cuz I got classes and ****."

Still, I hope you beat the rap and learn your lesson. Quit being a stupid kid and grow up. Admit everything and come clean. Either that or stick with the whiny liar bit ...it certainly won over these guys!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:38 PM
TrevorW
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think not being able to accept responsibility for your actions is a sign of ignorance and stupidity. I am 20 years old, I've been caught speeding a lot less than I have actually broken the law, speeding. Laws are not for individual interpretation and nobody is going to give you any sympathy when you will not accept fault. Do the crime, pay the time. It doesn't seem like you've learned from your mistake yet but hopefully you can avoid working at a gas station for the rest of your life and the only way you can do that is accepting blame in court and not trying to play big man in front of a judge who sees this b.s. day in and day out. The only thing you have to gain by trying to fight this is a sore *** and a job with minimum wage. Good luck!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For G-d's sake close this idiotic thread already. I can't believe any of you guys are wasting time on this moron and I can't believe I have been reading it.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Clowd
Pro

I really don't get some of you guys.. I mean yeah, he was driving without insurance and all that, whatever.. but you're saying that if you get a stupid speeding ticket, it's ignorant and stupid to fight it? I'm sorry, but I find not fighting it to be ignorant and stupid.

If you get pulled over, and get a ticket.. and there's some technicality you can get off on, why the HELL wouldn't you do it?! You're saving yourself a whole bunch of money..

on the other hand, if you don't fight it so you can be "a real man" or whatever your stupid reason is.. you send in your big fat check so the government has even more of your money, get points on your license, your insurance goes up.. etc... all so you can be a "real man" who "takes responsibility for his actions"

Taking responsibility for your actions is a good thing, but it's relative.. going 25 over the speed limit or whatever this kid was doing doesn't harm anyone. There's no reason to take responsibility for something that is so insignificant, especially if you have something important to do such as school or work.

Maybe some of you can explain it to me.

(I know he was driving without insurance and all that, I'm not talking about that.)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:56 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Uhmm... it's ALL about him driving without insurance. That's the point. It's the fact he was street racing, and speeding, driving an uninsured car.

It's also the fact that he seems to be blowing it off like it's no big deal, and he's only sorry because he got caught. It's also because he doesn't seem to get the seriousness of his actions.

At least from where I'm watching.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Is troll in jail yet?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just think, if he is a "C" student ... maybe one day he could be president
Old 09-10-2005, 03:37 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i erased my post as save me the hassle from this thread

Last edited by daniel951; 09-10-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:13 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont car about the speed, just dont hit me if you are not insured!

Any update on the rap?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I hope everyone has checked their policies for UM/UIM BI/PD coverage. It should be double your liability limit, and costs about 10% of your total premium. This coverage protects you in the event of a loss from someone without insurance, or without adequate insurance.

As a side note, my beloved 951 has sat still for over 1 1/2 years now because I cannot find the overages I want at a price I am willing to pay. I even took a job close to home so I could walk and reduce the risk of loss with my daily driver because I could not afford coverage for it. (But I do have $300 CSL limits, adequate for 97% of the losses paid)

Unfortunately, as noted, Troll is in a deep hole with the evidence against him. I'd play this as honest as possible and hope the judge is having a good day. Trying to unload both barrels at him on a technicality and the "good student" will probably have him make an example out of you.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
PaulStewart
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO umbrella policies invite lawsuits, since a hungry lawyer knows he gets a third of the settlement.

IMO, they only make sense if you have a net worth high enough to protect. If you're broke, or have no assets, no one will try to sue you.

Quick Reply: 2nd gear top speed? help me out, for my court case