Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd gear top speed? help me out, for my court case

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, perhaps you can do correspondence classes from the pokey?

Hell, you didn't even deny you did it. Have fun. Don't drop the soap.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:05 PM
troll
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and i do not feel that you should let your emotions drive you. try thinking with your head instead of your heart okay?

you are lucky to have what you do have, so cherish it. there are truely many ignorant people, and i must admit driving without insurance allows me to be in that club.

but i must also confess that your unthoughtfulness puts u in my ranks

<3
Old 09-06-2005, 11:07 PM
troll
Advanced

thanks geo, ill try not to. i hear they upgraded to liquid soap but im afraid my hands get rather slippery even with that upgrade

and i didn't say i did it, thats why i pled not guilty. i am fighting the case as i did not admit guilt, the other person did. but for somer eason i have been written down as having doing so
Old 09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Troll,
Do u think the judge is going to find YOUR excuses acceptable ? Emotion is the only reason I responded to your post. I hope that my true story of an accident (flamming) would enlighten u to get responsible enough to purchase insurance and possibly prevent your future financial ruin should u cause an accident resulting in...well u get the picture or do u ?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 PM
troll
Advanced

obviously, since i have admitted wrong not once, but twice.

i am not sure what the judge is going to do, but i do believe i have a chance. i am not trying to get the charges dropped, i'd just like a fine, probation, community service, whatever. i just am trying to avoid being sent to jail in sake of my education.

that is all.

and i'd love to get insurance, and i plan on doing so very soon. i've only been without it for a month and you immediately jumped on my back with ur heart pounding. again, i know what i did is wrong, but admitting that to you will do nothing but compliment your pitiful ego

anyhoo

thanks all..no more input necessary, thread is ruined ;/
Old 09-06-2005, 11:53 PM
troll
Advanced

and your true story could have been presented in a manner that wasn't so derogatory. do you think your wife would appreciate you belittling someone in transition and in need of a hand?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Geo
Race Director

1. This thread was DOA.

2. I don't think Rip It needs to apologize to you or anyone else. Don't expect sympathy or empathy. As for advice, get a lawyer. That's what they are paid for and the advice is likely to be a lot better than what you might get here.

Sorry for being harsh, but those are the cold hard facts. I realize you're probably a) sorry, and b) a bit scared over this. Truthfully, you should be on both counts. So, take the lesson learned, hire a lawyer and be prepared to pay some big fines and lawyer fees. That's probably all that will keep you from an every day date with Bubba the knuckle dragger. Either way the end result is not likely to be too pleasant (time or paying fines/lawyer). Good luck, sincerely.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:32 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

grabs popcorn
Old 09-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

no insurance while waiting for smog ... don't drive, especially street race.

The best advice ( after the fact ) that anyone here can give you is :
1. get a great attorney .. the best that you/family can afford.
2. hope some technicality gets you off.
3. hope that they did switch to liquid soap in the pokey, and it's made by KY.
4. fill us in after you get out ....

Don
Old 09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

In all my life I've never driven without insurance. But I HAVE had TWO cars taken out by people WITHOUT it!!!

Hmmm... Maybe you don't want to hear my advice!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 09-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the one time I was pulled over without PROOF OF INSURANCE (I did have it...) on my birthday, the cop called my insurance company from my cell phone and made sure I had it... confirmed everything... He let me slide...to which I promptly went home, got the proof of insurance, and swiftly put it in my glove box...

Now, he did still give me a speeding ticket which blows, but hey, whatcha gonna do?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Insurance won't get you out of paying lifetime medical bills. It only pays up to $30k and 15k for injury to one person / 30k for injury to more than one person (total from accident)/ 5k for total property damage is all is required in Ca. Most people don't have 300k/500k insurance like I do with a 1 mil liability umbrella policy. Its a false sense of security that insurance will pay for everything. Read your policy. If someone hits another, they are financially responsible to pay. You can legally bypass having insurance by depositing $30k at the DMV.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:32 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

When you joined, did you read the "First Posts and New Users" thread that is stickied to the top of this page? Post#44 has some very sage advice, that would have saved you some hassle before posting this thread, had you heeded it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...8&page=3&pp=15
Old 09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Slight change of topic here. Every "I got caught speeding" thread is full of the same advice: "never admit guilt". Now I understand the logic behind this, but what do most of you say when in this position? I'm just curious. If you are caught doing 20mph over (Green Bay to Chicago that is very common) what would you say? "Honestly officer, I was only doing 65mph!"

What about the time I was clocked doing 98mph on a 55 zone in my 2000 Beetle? I was the only car on the road (long flat county highway on x-mas eve) I admitted my guilt - got off with a verbal warning. I guarantee you had I played dumb he would have hauled me off to jail.

Last July cruising home in the 928, again on a deserted county highway doing about 15+ over the limit. Over the hill – county cop – lights come on he does a 180. So he asks what’s the hurry, and I tell him, long weekend, want to get home etc…. This time a written warning.

I’ve spoken to a few cops that told me acting dumb will only **** them off. Just curious as to your take on this.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:48 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Slight change of topic here. Every "I got caught speeding" thread is full of the same advice: "never admit guilt". Now I understand the logic behind this, but what do most of you say when in this position? I'm just curious. If you are caught doing 20mph over (Green Bay to Chicago that is very common) what would you say? "Honestly officer, I was only doing 65mph!"

What about the time I was clocked doing 98mph on a 55 zone in my 2000 Beetle? I was the only car on the road (long flat county highway on x-mas eve) I admitted my guilt - got off with a verbal warning. I guarantee you had I played dumb he would have hauled me off to jail.

Last July cruising home in the 928, again on a deserted county highway doing about 15+ over the limit. Over the hill – county cop – lights come on he does a 180. So he asks what’s the hurry, and I tell him, long weekend, want to get home etc…. This time a written warning.

I’ve spoken to a few cops that told me acting dumb will only **** them off. Just curious as to your take on this.
The few times I have been pulled over, I have been honest as well. Police officers aren't dumb, and they are human.

The last time I was pulled over was earlier this year in rural, very rural, Northwest Wisconsin. I drove 10 hours from Ohio (left at 2:00am) to inspect some evidence at an attorney's office, in a crappy Pontirag Sunfire rental car (tried to save a little $$ on gas). On the way back from the inspection, I got caught behind some old farmer in a crooked-driving pick-up truck doing about 40 in a 55. The two-lane road was undulating and there were no places to pass for almost 10 miles. Knowing that I had quite some distance to drive, and just wanted to get home, I was fairly anxious to pass. So the first long valley we got to, I punched it and went around him. And, just as I was passing, noticed a State Trooper sitting in a access road. Damn. Looked down, was doing about 70.

After he pulled me over, he approached the vehicle on the right side and asked me to roll down the window. Where is the damn switch?!? I couldn't find it anywhere and was getting upset. He laughed and pointed at the center console near the shifter, and I rolled the window down. I was very polite and when he asked me if I knew how fast I was going, I told him the truth. And also told him that I had been stuck behind him for 10 miles or so. He laughed a bit and took my license back to the car to run it. He came back, and asked me what I was doing so far from home in a rental car. I told him what I was doing, and we chatted for a bit about my job, and then he handed me a warning. He told me he understood, and to be more careful. He also told me that since I was polite and honest, he didn't feel the need to hit me with a ticket.

Quick Reply: 2nd gear top speed? help me out, for my court case