Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of the new wheels, More pics page 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A chip and boost enhancer will give you a nice performance increase. If you think you'll be satisifed with that, and you won't want more power, it will be a good upgrade. Be advised - very few 951 owners get to a point where they do not want more boost and more power. You mentioned getting spool up time down. A boost enhancer will help, but a good wastegate will not only help improve spool time, but also help you hold boost in the upper RPMs. But again, if you'll be satisfied with a boost enhancer and chips, go for it. If you decide you want to upgrade the wastegate later, you will need a new set of chips to run the car safely in the upper RPMs.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:31 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonioali
Mike, what do you think of just a $300-400 chip and a $89 boost enhancer, will i notice a big difference? Now for the chip brand, i want the best one that is the safest, what brand would that be?
Vitesse is the ONLY brand as far as I am concerned!! You will pay a little more, but with our cars you ALWAYS get what you pay for. . .

Check out www.vitesseracing.com . (Site Sponsor, btw.)
Old 07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read some feedback from about 30 people on lindsy's website and they have nothing but praise for the boost enhancer.
One concern i have is, if it gives you full boost around 3000 rpm for in town driving, isn't that hard on the engine? I know im beating the "hard on the engine" subject but you guys know how careful i am with cars.
Does anyone have the product and what do you think?
And what chip should i get at vitesse?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
ninefiveone
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Generally, late offset wheels will all "fit" early offset cars. The bolt pattern is the same, etc. But because of the difference in offset, they will sit further inside the wheel wells. Unlike trying to fit early offset wheels on a late offset car, there aren't usually big rubbing issues or anything that would preclude you from physically putting them on the car.

I honestly can't tell what brand those wheels are from the marking but from the way they sit on the car, they look exactly like late offset wheels to me. It's the way they fit in front that really tips me off. They should be more flush with the fender. The stock rears tend to sit inside the fender too much so it's not as readily apparent in the rear.

A quick check would be to put them on the late offset '87 you have.

Assuming they are late offset, you'd want some spacers. I'm sure you've seen the threads on that before or can do a search to find the info.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

These are high performance engines Antonio. When you want more out of an engine, you will have to put more stress on it. The point it that our engines have been (race) proven to be capable of handling that additional stress, provided that the proper maintenance has been performed. A chip and boost enhancer is about as mild as modifications get.

As far as chips go, I don't touch that topic. Read the chip wars in the archives.

Quick Reply: Pics of the new wheels, More pics page 2