Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 944Fest 2005 Picture Thread - Post 'em Here Fellas

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANd thank you all for the many complimaents on my car...makes me want to just keep going with more tastefull mods.....And that dam trophy..makes me smile every time I look at it...Thank you all again..See ya next yr.......

DAmian
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I want the taboo shots too! dan (at) pierson . com!

TIA!
...and video?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Originally Posted by nine-44
No pics right now, 138 total that I need to resize, ugh.

Quotes?

Brad, sun morn--"has anyone seen my little brother?"

sat night, "REEENNNBAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!"

sat night, "Campeck RULES!"

sat night Gatorcross "I can't see sh*t!!!"

Pics to come, HELLA GOOD TIME!!! THANKS DanP, you ARE the man!

How about:
"It's okay! I do autocross!"
or
"The guy I rented this from said 'only for firewood'."
Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pearldrum944

How about:
"It's okay! I do autocross!"
or
"The guy I rented this from said 'only for firewood'."
Or.. "How's about a drift??"
I still cant stop smiling. I could kick myself for not remembering my camera.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:31 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris_924s
I still cant stop smiling. I could kick myself for not remembering my camera.
Yeah, I took about 200. What I want are more cruise pictures though!
BTW, I put my new sticker on today. Nothing but support...

Last edited by pearldrum944; 02-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

[QUOTE=bloodraven]My new desktop...great pic again shot by my wonderful woman

This is after Dan, Cuz, me, the gold n/a in front of me, and geoff all hit gravel at 100+mph....scary, but fun!

[QUOTE]

Dude - that was me just ahead of you on the cruise. Nice picture! Tell your girl friend, nice work. The gravel was a definite attention getter. I didn't realize I needed to bring rally tires to the fest. It's really a good thing there wasn't a rookie in my position on the road - that gravel could really have caught someone out. Once the dust cloud got real big, I'm sure it was a clue to slow down. I didn't get that much warning.

I have a new respect for my car now. It held its own against the turbo cars. Dan and Cuz pulled strong on the straights - but I could keep up in the turns.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_924s
".....six wheel drift bitch........."
Old 07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Dude - that was me just ahead of you on the cruise. Nice picture! Tell your girl friend, nice work. The gravel was a definite attention getter. I didn't realize I needed to bring rally tires to the fest. It's really a good thing there wasn't a rookie in my position on the road - that gravel could really have caught someone out. Once the dust cloud got real big, I'm sure it was a clue to slow down. I didn't get that much warning.

I have a new respect for my car now. It held its own against the turbo cars. Dan and Cuz pulled strong on the straights - but I could keep up in the turns.
yeah, it was a good indication...but when you are going 110...hard to slow down in time...still hit it at a little over 90...your car did great though........but you might want to check out the black smoke...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bloodraven
yeah, it was a good indication...but when you are going 110...hard to slow down in time...still hit it at a little over 90...your car did great though........but you might want to check out the black smoke...
Yeah - the smoke is a known concern. I think it's soot when it goes rich on WOT. The engine is still pretty strong after 183,000 miles. It's never been opened - as far as I know.

A couple more. This is Brain and Judi with permagrin...
Attached Images   
Old 07-19-2005, 12:17 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Disclaimer: PermaGrin is caused by going way to fast around curves. The g-force you feel will actually causes the corners of your mouth to go back, resulting in a smile-like look. This is a health concern, and should be looked at by a doctor immediatly. Other side effects include: Being giddy after hitting gravel and high speeds, o-shaped mouth gesture after drifting around a curve, sore muscles in hands and arms, fast heart rate, erections, and possible, random shouts of "HOLY ****!!!"
Old 07-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

NIcely worded BloodRAven......Lovin it......I know I felt that a couple times on our cruize....I have a pretty bitchin vid from that cruise to share.....

DAmian
Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bloodraven
Disclaimer: PermaGrin is caused by going way to fast around curves. The g-force you feel will actually causes the corners of your mouth to go back, resulting in a smile-like look. This is a health concern, and should be looked at by a doctor immediatly. Other side effects include: Being giddy after hitting gravel and high speeds, o-shaped mouth gesture after drifting around a curve, sore muscles in hands and arms, fast heart rate, erections, and possible, random shouts of "HOLY ****!!!"

Hey Blood - can you send me a hi-res picture of your new desktop photo? It might work for me too.

harveys (at) ntcna (dot) nissan-usa (dot) com
Old 07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
sca037
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
A couple more. This is Brian and Judi with permagrin...
Permagrin for sure!!!
We only had a hundred miles or so on the YOKO AVS ES100's before we hit the road for 944Fest, but by the time we got there all the slick mold release agent was gone and they gripped a like a ****
Great shot, that's MY new desktop

Brian
Old 07-19-2005, 12:53 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Keep the pics coming. Im experiencing Fest05 vicariously interactively through them. Great stuff.

944 blokes are a great bunch of people. We dont pass the look test and from 100ft away it might look like a roundup of briars hanging out in a field talking about the wonderful world of inbreeding, but once you get to know us, we'll win you over.

I dont thinks theres more knowledgeable nicer ppl than the waterpumper crowd. The Boxster and 911 crowd is mostly wine and cheese but what we have here is pure beer and pretzel. You have to respect that.

The only problem I have with these reunions is cant talk intelligently about anything. So I just gotta stand there and smile like I know whats going on when I have no earthly idea. Someone says, "Hey lets go over to Ralphys car and see that GNH Quad Dual Port MAF Intake Controller and how its adjusts the IRB input settings on the DME fastener at full rich." Uhh yeah, lets do that. Stick of gum? Anyone?

I want to start seeing some of the incriminating pics come forth and I think I speak for everyone else who didnt go. Basically, we want to see the puke pics so cough em up.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

First off, I took zero pictures. I was too busying enjoying myself this time as the people that come out to these events are some of the coolest people Ive ever met. I had more fun this year than ever and was able to bring one of my best friends who ended up taking Grand Champ. That is awesome!

All my local and semi-local favorites were there (Jerad, Cory (congrats on the trophy!), Mike M, Micah+Les (she is hilarious-great catch), the Dan's, Wade, Dale, Chris, Andy, etc...) Great seeing you guys again, you guys make the Fest for me...

Didnt get to talk to Scott H. much, but good to see you again - hopefully we will get to chat longer next time.

Dan P., Cuz, and family: Amazing event. You outdid yourselves. The door prizes, the artwork, the venue, food, everything. I dont know how you do it - but you do it and you do it with a smile! You are a total class act. I am SOOO glad you found you wallet - I felt terrible knowing it was missing...

And I got to meet new faces! Mainly Scott SS951, Geoff, Vaughn, Matt O., Wes, Travis, and rc951. (sorry if I left anyone else out - I am terrible with names) I was able to talk to each of you guys for awhile and it was really great to meet you. Till next time!

Ive got so many memories from this one, just amazing...Jerad - the overall partner in crime award has to go to you. I dont think we left each others side and I was laughing probably the whole time. Mike - the pictures are awesome - the best Ive seen and the "quotes" are hilarious. we need to add more as we think of them. Its been great getting to know you through these cars. (and w/o you my car would prob not run. haha) Travis - reennnnnnnnnngay. I mean rennnnnnnnnnbbbaayyyyy

Pictures of the grab bag / kanga-******* to come later.

Quick Reply: Official 944Fest 2005 Picture Thread - Post 'em Here Fellas