Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 944Fest 2005 Picture Thread - Post 'em Here Fellas

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

More…

Well, that's probably more than I should have posted. There are more in the link below if you would like to see them.

http://chem.iupui.edu/~murcia/porsch.../944fest05.htm

A big thanks goes to Dan P for hosting such a great event! I don't know how you do it.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, got everything ready...some good stuff here...where to begin...

I left last thursday, on my way to see my dad for the first time in ten years, plus to go to the fest!

Me and my dad, enjoying a couple pre-embargo cuban cigars

my private selection i brought with me

My girlfriend and my dad (a tearful moment for all..we were getting ready to leave)

First arriving at the fest..never seen so much red

Who invited these guys??

More red..

Damien's car....wow...just..wow

His engine...even more WOW!

Corvette engine...love the custom chevy-porsche logo

Geoff...my second love

Saw this on the way to the hotel...not quite so hidden, is it?

Again...on the way to the hotel...found the smug bastard!!

Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Some great ariel shots by my girlfriend

Getting ready for the drive

My new desktop...great pic again shot by my wonderful woman

This is after Dan, Cuz, me, the gold n/a in front of me, and geoff all hit gravel at 100+mph....scary, but fun!

While we were waiting for the rest of the group to catch up, we decided to take a pic...

If you didn't notice, me, geoff, and andrew were making faces at the camera on dan's car...my g/f didn't notice this as she was taking the pic, but if you zoom in, you may get an eyeful

Jacking up the rental as travis was trying to take a nap...he wasn't too happy

Sadly enough, this was my brainchild...I do apologize if I caused any harm in suggesting this...but we decided to jack up the gator and put it on jackstands...needed more than two though...

Got many more pics, but these were the best. Now, to find a place to upload these two vids i got of dyno power!!!

Last edited by Rennlist Events; 07-19-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:19 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, some great looking cars. I missed the post somewhere, why is Scott getting Rock points? Michelle, the car looks great, glad to see my parts found a good home! Mike, that in the rain shot on page 14 is stunning, only would've been better had you caught a stab of lightning in the background (and no, photoshopping it in will not do it for me, I'm all for doing things in post, but i'd prefer to have them perfect in person).
Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Mike,
Scott had a run in with the ditch during the cruise. Look at xsboost's photos, you can see the damage under the passenger door.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:25 AM
WhoDak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike Murcia
This picture is awesome.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So no one has video/pics of my car on the dyno?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:28 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

I didn't get to see most of the dynos...but I do have the corvette 951 and andy's car on teh dyno...can't find a place to upload video though...
Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Tim,
If you can get the email out, shoot it to wmiller at needmoreboost dot com. I can host stuff no prob.

BTW, it was nice meeting you and the g/f! Thanks again for the cigar, it was awsome!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
I missed the post somewhere, why is Scott getting Rock points?
Scott was chasing after me, I guess trying to catch up, spun it and went *** end into a ditch. Destroyed the rocker. Luckily it didn't get into the fender or the quarter, but it is gonna need some cuttign and welding...
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2005, 02:40 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

alright...i will see if i can upload it to my email...should be able to tomorrow...going to bed now...drove 9 hours...so..i'm tired....

Nice meeting yuo too! Hate that i couldn't see your car, but I liked being the only Graphite Metallic car there And as for the cigar...no probs...i like to share the wealth (of which i have none..heh)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:05 AM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

nice seeing everyone again !!! i love the pictures guys keep them coming... i'd have to say its my first fest where i didnt do any video taping.. and BY FAR the best fest i've been too, and thats out of both 04 and 03... i wish i did do the video taping though, so many moments i'd love to relive !!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

I would like to first say, That this past weekend or 944 Fest was one of the best things I have ever done in my life....I had such an awesome time, checking out some awesome cars, meeting thier owners, talking tech stuff, jello shots, door prizes, making new friends, Dyno Action, and a whole lot more...It was a TON more then what I expected...This was something I will never forget....

DAN P, TRavis, and everyone that made 944 fest possible....wow what can I say...You guys are some of the greatest guys I have ever met....It was a pleasure meeting all of ya....And you know how to throw 1 hell of a party....
I cant thank you guys enough for making all of it possible...

.My friends or our co-Pilots could not say enough about what a great crowd rennlist is....NUff SAID...!

SOme PICs.....ALso I have some pretty dam good footage of us driving our cars hard, So if anybody would like to host it...let me know.....

I LOVE MY TROPHY, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPeedy944......It was a pleasure rolling with ya.....THis guy LOVES to drive....!

ANother Member of the FAB4....CHI944...AWesome stop on 31st...! Great Guy.!

DAm 100watt Fogs....They dont like the summer HEat...! QUick PitStop...

A couple of my FAv...N/A's.....XBOOST,...Awesome meeting ya...And remember black soft pad for polishing...

MichelleJD's Hot RIde....Look For this car to be throwong down some HIgh#'s very soon.....She underestimates her car I think...WHat A motor....!

ANdy's Sick Ride....I just LOve the CF Hood and his HEadlights....GAve me something to think about for my car....ANd an Awesome smart guy....

One of my show FAv's......Well put together....

THis car was just so classy....I loved the color and wheels....Very Clean....!

MOre to come....

DAmian.........
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 AM
spedracer18
Racer

thanks everyone for posting pics and video, even though i couldn't make it, it is nice to see the cars and the people whilst reading the many stories. I must say though that most of those cars are absolutely immaculate. hope to meet everyone at the 06' fest.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:08 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Working on Evan's car.....ANd Chris, WHat A guy, Brought parts back from his shop the next morning for Evan, and then he even installed them for him....ANd helped figure out his clutch problem.....ANd dam was his 930 sweet...! Just amazing car with an amazing driver.....And his copilot wasnt to bad either...

THe AMG we were chasing down at very high rates of speed on the ride home.....WOW what a blast...

A 968 graced us with its presence...LOve these cars, just love em....!

MOre to come....Bed time...

DAmian

Quick Reply: Official 944Fest 2005 Picture Thread - Post 'em Here Fellas