Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

City and County of Denver,CO Vehicles Ordinance

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:29 PM
cambria
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default City and County of Denver,CO Vehicles Ordinance

I became aware of a issue that does impact me and possibly other Porsche owners in the City and County of Denver. The city has put into force, April 2005, a ordinance that limits the number of vehicles that are accessory to a dwelling. Ordinance 59-26b(2)c.4, not only limits vehicles, but also limits trailers, trucks and motorcycles. However the ordinance does not limit the number of personal water craft, snowmobiles or even aircraft. The ordinance states one vehicle per licened driver per dwelling unit, pluss one additional vehical per dwelling. Two trailers of different design and one motorcycle per licensed driver. Trucks are limited to less than one ton. This ordinance applies to stored cars as well as cars parked on the street.
Thanks for your interest,
Terry
Old 05-22-2005, 01:34 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That applies to STORED cars?!!!???? Have they gone mad? I can see as to why they would do that for cars parked onthe streets, as parking is pretty nasty, especially in lodo, but stored cars?!!
Old 05-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, Terrance...!

Two Trailers of different design? Get a tow bar for each car and tell the investigator that porsches spend more time being towed that motivating under their own power... back it up with testimony from disgruntled friends and spouses of Rennlist members!!!

What Crap!!!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 05-22-2005, 02:45 PM
944Ecology
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yet another reason for me not to visit Colorado...

gb
Old 05-22-2005, 02:45 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

hooray for denver. i wish more cities and counties would follow the lead.

i grew up in denver and live in hawaii now.

flyiing has taken me all over the us/world and every place i've lived, boston, new hampshire, phx., i've had to endure folks that have a bezillion cars in and around their property that are a major eyesore for the neighbors and look like a towing yard.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

Don't really see how they can limit the number of cars you put in your garage. I collect cars and would be in major trouble if I lived there. My garage alone holds 12 cars (stacked). Like george said one more reason not to visit CO.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:07 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

doesn't sound like their talking about inside a garage.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:19 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bah, just time to move to Littleton, Englewod, or Lakewood. . . . .
Old 05-22-2005, 07:25 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

my 1st girlfriend was from littleton on ridge rd.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:23 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it seems the city is now positioned to supeona an innocent property owner! If an offenders car is parked inside a private garage and is within one block of the registered owners address, to prove the car's location, they can cite the car's owner.

A family of two registered owners is allowed three cars. Sucks if your a car collector, or your son/daughter has a daily driver and a project car!

Like many of us, we probably have a car or two extra and can imagine what hoops we would have to jump through to "clean house". In any event, Dad has poured his heart into these cars so it looks like a clearance sale is on the horizion. I'm pretty damn sure it's not a parting event, they all run!

I have to approve of the ordinance, as most of us that park on city streets would, but I think the city should provide a grace period. In this case I have yet to find any media coverage that warned property owners of this, not even the neighborhood paper!!!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:27 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hopefully this doesn't apply to the Cherry Creek people. I would hate to see them choose between the Ferrari and the Maybach.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:37 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

So what are they going to do for the violators.... Make them sell their cars? Tow them away? Reposes them? If this limited the number of cars sitting in someone’s driveway, I can understand that (I hate houses with tons of junky cars sitting all over the yard) but how are they going to get away with limiting the number of cars you own, garaged or not. What if you have a five car garage with two residents, it's illegal to fill your garage up? That is absolute lunacy, the outrage they are going to face is going to be overwhelming.

And they say this is a free country....hah..

________
Pat
86 944
Old 05-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So in effect government is now saying that vehicles are a nuisance because of what? Pollution? Space requirements? Impact on infrastructure?

And the government still continues to subsidize tax breaks for the biggest and most obnoxious SUVs. . . THIS makes sense.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:32 PM
cambria
Racer

If I think back to my racing days, the owner of the car that I wrench for, who lived in Denver had in the garage a Lola / Chevrolette Formula 5000, a tow vehicle, trailer, his personal daily driver and his wife's daily driver. I think that is perty typical for a SCCA weekend racer. With that senerio, weekend racer's that live in Denver are in trouble.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:42 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

pcarfan944,
That is an outstanding point! I wish I had a DMV contact to query city officials for "offenses"! Yeah right, like they live in the city!

Here in IB we have a similar ordinance that applies ONLY to vehicles on the street, good call! My NA sits covered in the drive and the 951 in the garage. Hell, I installed a two car drive just to get the NA off the street. Ok, security had a little something to do with it!

Denver multi-car owners that are in a similar circumstance PM cambria to help revise this, as it stands, he will be addressing the board.

35thslp- Show off, damnit!

bearone- This is a no-brainer for an island. Welcome to the great western plane! Miles and miles of open road.......... Vegas, Salt lake, LA, Denver, Phoenix, name it!!! Juarez, Tiajuanna MX ? National Monuments- Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Four Corners, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley (Navajo Nation), and just a few others.....road trip pics to follow!

Quick Reply: City and County of Denver,CO Vehicles Ordinance