Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber parts, whatchu want?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 04:45 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What threadsize are the bolts. Theres a really good hardware store by my house that I can find lots of metric stuff at. probably a M4 .80 in 25-30mm length.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bleu- I'm sorry- didnt realize that last question was for me? M5 / .80 / >35mm
That is, if you measure from the VERY end to the VERY end....? I'd need ~32mm of threads. The bolts are tapered- they have to counter-sink.... Allen head would be best, since, that's what they come with.... you know, it JUST hit me- Sparco makes a 50mm spacer- I'll bet I could get replacement bolts for one of THOSE from one of the big car parts suppliers....? MAYBE....? Anyway.... Allen head is best, otherwise Phillips-head would work, I guess....

Anyway, this all depends on what you can do about making a spacer....? IF I can't find a way to bring the whole thing out, then, I'd like to try for another 5mm hub-spacer, if possible- that MIGHT be too far though... Best case would be to go back to 15mm & add a 15mm to 30mm spacer down behind the column... What do you think about all this? IF not a spacer for the whole thing, then, could new switches be made? IF you could make a turn signal switch with a harsher bend that brought the ends closer to the back of the wheel....? THAT would be perfect... THEN, I could just make a thicker hub-spacer. Regardless, I'd like to get b/t 40 & 50mm total. Of course, there's one OTHER prob- there ALWAYS IS, right....? ....that damn wheel angles UPWARD, so, the closer it gets to the driver, the higher up it gets- I want it to be flatter, like the early cars- anyone know of a way to accomplish THIS? The whole steering wheel / pedal / seating position relationship of these cars is just a little messed up.... And, of course, NO adj steering column...! They'll make a complicated as hell power SR w/multi-micro-switches, just to raise the back of it up a measly 2" (when manual SR's can be tilted open more like 3"), but, NO adj steering column.... Not to mention no real handle to pull the door closed from inside the car.... There's a good one- could you make a better armrest for the door panels that included a real handle to pull them closed???

Anyway, any other thoughts on the other stuff, like, the cup-holder idea? I can send a few pics of them if it would help....? PM me w/an e-mail addy.... I'm sure the pedal spacers would be fairly easy....? I just need to find out what I can do w/the wheel so I can decide on the sizes of the pedal spacers...

thanks....
Old 05-29-2005, 07:26 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Gallagher
id be interested in flat sheets to make interior door panels from...i will cut to shape and cut for roll cage myself.
i second dans idea.i would like big sheets of carbon fiber to make floor covers and of course door panels!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
davyboy
Advanced

How this going?

I would love:

some door panels - just the flat bit, not the controls
sun roof - just the panel so it can be bonded in place.
bonnet (or hood as you guys say).

Dave
Old 06-17-2005, 04:30 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I second the sunroof panel!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:32 AM
davyboy
Advanced

Door Panel
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber parts, whatchu want?