Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Rear Swaybar Droplinks

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make something for the front. I know, its hard, consider it a challenge!
~Eyal
Old 05-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Can I get a couple of sets? Please?

Chirs White
Old 05-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Sure Chris. You can paypal me at serge944@gmail.com or PM me for my address to send a money order. I can ship immediately.

Eyal, I have considered it and havent been able to come with something that doesn't require to bore out the hole on the control arm. Maybe ill play around with an "over the control arm" mount, just like the weltmeister, which will give me clearance and allow to use an adapter. I'll have more free time this summer.

-Serge
Old 05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
ApexCars
Pro

Thanks Serge, I'll just pick up the washers local to save you the time and shipping.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:50 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Sure Chris. You can paypal me at serge944@gmail.com or PM me for my address to send a money order. I can ship immediately.

Eyal, I have considered it and havent been able to come with something that doesn't require to bore out the hole on the control arm. Maybe ill play around with an "over the control arm" mount, just like the weltmeister, which will give me clearance and allow to use an adapter. I'll have more free time this summer.

-Serge
What about how Welt does it, with the two little hocky pucks? Would mean custom fabbing unfortunatly...
Old 05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

It would require welding. I have welded a test pipe together and fixed some headers, but I don't have enough experience or skill to comfortably sell...

The main problem I encountered is the clearance under the control arm - to get any kind of generic spherical unit in there, the bar would have to be several inches lower. Not friendly for speed bumps.

If I do make something, I'll probably weld an M8 rod on some kind of clamp. IMO, the OE design isn't very good and it can be a challenge to improve it without seriously fatigueing the Al control arms. I think weltmeister has done a spectacular job on their front swaybar.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
schumi
Instructor

I installed KLA ones very similar to these recently (PO gave them to me with the car), and I would add to step 1 that it is much easier to remove the old droplinks and install the new ones if the back of the car is perfectly even, i.e., if left rear is even slightly higher than right rear or vice versa -- which could happen if car was on uneven pavement or you had jack stands at different heights -- it will be much, much harder or almost impossible to get the bolts in and out. If the car is perfectly level, it is easy.

Originally Posted by Serge944
Rear Droplink Installation

1. Raise the car (it is convenient to use ramps but be sure to put jack stands under the car for assurance) and remove stock droplinks by undoing the trailing arm and swaybar nuts. Remove the swaybar to droplink bolt.

2. Set the droplinks to the shortest equivalent lengths.

3. Place 3 steel washers onto the trailing mount stud. Insert the droplink and the original washer and then hand tighten the nut.

4. Insert the swaybar to droplink bolt and place 3 steel washers in between the droplink and swaybar. Hand tighten the nut.

5. Repeat the above steps for the other side. Note: it may be necessary to loosen the center swaybar mounts in case the bar isn’t completely centered.

6. Once everything is hand tightened, torque the droplink nuts to 34 lb/ft (46 n/m). Torque the center clamp bolts to 17 lb/ft (23 n/m) if you had to loosen them.

7. Drive.

Printable Version: http://members.roadfly.org/knechtruprecht/Droplink.doc
Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the tip schumi. That's why I mentioned loosening the center clamps as it will compensate for any imbalance. Not everyone has a perfectly level place to work. Ask me how I know.

I have no more droplinks available right now. I might be ordering some in the near future though if there is any interest.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to make sure everyone got their orders. After watching Newman hoard mail in Jerry's storage, my faith in the USPS has decreased dramatically.

Also, if there is more interest, the soonest I'll be able to get more is mid July.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: FS: Rear Swaybar Droplinks