Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im really starting to hate these cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default im really starting to hate these cars

IM venting so ill probally regret saying this, but i right now i think 944's are pieces of ****.

Every f-ing 944 on this planet has some f-ing thing wrong with it. The f-ing black car has a f'ed up engine, the yellow car leaks like a f-ng piece of s*** fat *** lady on her period without a tampon. Im starting to ask why I even bother with these pieces. Im 2 seconds away from taking a sledge hammer to the yellow. MNNNN it sounds so good right now. You dont know how bad I want to just trash that car and watch it burn, leave it sitting in a junkyard next to the black. I know its just not my cars that are pos'es either. There are more trashed, bondoed, wrecked up piece of crap 944's than there are good ones. To the 20 or 30 good ones there are, good job, you managed to save another one of these poor mans porsches from becoming a junkyard memory. Like I said ill probally regret saying this, but as far as the 944 series has gone i am less than impressed. The only good ones ive seen, people have poured countless hours into them making then beautiful. To them i give congrads. Dont get me wrong, its not that i theyre not fun, its just the amount of work they need makes me want to puke. Half of the 944's on this planet are rust plauged, crappy running garden ornaments, the other half need copious amounts of work that youll spend more time working on the bastards than you will be driving them. Well i'm going to get back to work, and try and fix the rust, maybe ill get some duct tape and garbage bags to tape all of the windows up so it doesnt leak anymore... hmmm oh yeah ill also go to autozone and get some spraypaint to cover up all of the flaked off maaco paint chips.

Last edited by Rock; 05-03-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

What happened to the 951?

I agree, there are more crap-looking, ill-maintained 944's than there are good ones. When I was at Hershey 2 weeks ago, almost every 911 that pulled in there was very nice. Almost every 944 that pulled in looked like it was held together with duct tape and bailing wire, or if it was nice it had tasteless mods. I think I saw maybe 4 nice ones total. It will only get worse as people own them that cannot afford to maintain them properly.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rock, good luck. I know how frustrating they can be... Just sit back, leave it alone for a little bit, then get back to it later. taking breaks from it helps a lot.

Anything I can do, let me know.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

my wife hid my sledgehammer last year when the bathroom sink was clogged. she knew if I didnt unclog it in less than 10 minutes we were getting a new bathroom.

my firebird is for sale because i dont want to get pissed (again) when I fix one thing and notice that the new thing next to what was a nice looking old part now makes the old part look crappy.

it never ends. add this to the pot. Now that we owe about 2k on the aurora my wife tells me she doesnt feel safe in it because she almost got run off the highway by a princess on the phone in a big SUV trying to pass her on the right. thats why I think i am going to lease from now on!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The only P-car I ever lost money on....and a lot of it, was my beautiful 951. I have to say, I don't miss it at all! I respect them and think they can be very nice cars, but not without a lot of heartache and MONEY. Just my .02
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GOOD! Admit they're out of your league and get rid of them, then put us out of your misery.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Kevin........they're yours, and yes out of my league in "the time/money needed to keeping them running with no oil leaks or blown headgaskets".!!!

Don't take them too far though, I still like to look.

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every ****ing 944 on this planet has some ****ing thing wrong with it.
And every 944 is at least 13 years old right now. Its not exactly rocket science.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Hahahaha out of my league. Whats my leauge then? I can get a minivan to outperform a 944. I dont have a crap how awesome they handle, to be honest it isnt too much greater than any other car out there. You can go ahead and say omg the driver is everything. Yeah. The drivers skill is going to compensate for all of the rust and how badly it gets smacked up by a beer truck. Buying these cars is like lighting money on fire.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:07 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iloveporsches
And every 944 is at least 13 years old right now. Its not exactly rocket science.
Agreed.

But it's not the age, as 13 year old 911's for the most part still look good and are in good shape.

It's the owners. Maybe not the the current owners, maybe the previous owners that abused/neglected them, but owners none-the-less.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

What are you talking about. I had a damn firebird that i bought for 1200 dollars WHEN MY BLACK CARS TRANSMISSION WENT OUT! The car didnt need a dime of maitenence, ran like a charm, didnt have a single problem with it.

1200 dollars. I didnt have to pay 500 dollars to get my belts changed, or tear apart half the *** of the car to do a wheel bearing. Nope. It was a damn 1985. The A/C still worked, it had power steering, it was just about as quick as a damn 944 too. Age doesnt mean crap. I still see old *** toyota camarys out on the road that dont need any maitenence.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Rock....well said!

Guys...I still love the 944/951, I just don't want to own one, I would rather look.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think people get so attached to these cars because there is so thrilling about them when they work well. 944's are OLD. There were MANY produced. Just like any other 20 year old car out there, its probably going to be in rough shape.
Things worth keeping don't maintain themselves.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Helstrm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to me that buying any 20 year old car is going to burn money up. That is why my P-car is a project and I have 2 newer daily drivers.

But I understand where you are coming from. When I first got my project I was all about converting to turbo. Then I realized that the more performance I put under the hood the more time I would spend under the hood after it was completed. That and the fact that that money is better invested in my Kid's future. But It seems that a 944 NA rebuilt and taken care of is just as dependable as most newer cars and they still stand out in traffic.

The only thing I still can't figure out is why the belts don't last longer. Every other car I have owned is not due for a belt service for at least 60k and in most cases didn't get a belt until 70k+

But other than that design flaw these are well put together machines and are a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how many of todays cars are still running in 20 years.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Tifo is right. It is the owners, but even the most paitence of owners have to be getting a little pissed off when their cars burn valves, or fry cylinders, ball joints fall off and every single koni on the car is blown. Yeah its part of owning the car. THEN oh I loved my black car, the only thing wrong with it was the damn engine pretty much. It never leaked, didnt have any rust, and sure I was picking up the PO's slack, but I had fun with it. I enjoyed it so much i made the mistake to go out and buy another one. Wow. I knew it was a fixer upper, but it turned out to be a piece of crapper. I should have done what my stepdad said, thrown a match in the gas tank and watched it burn. Dont get me wrong though. Id still love to have a 944, one that was like my black car, fun to drive, got me anywhere, wasnt the best lookign but i liked it. I think if this 951 ends up being anything like the yellow, then ill be done with porsches forever.

Quick Reply: im really starting to hate these cars