Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech Strut Brace - buy one with me for a discount

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 04:00 PM
amex859
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi 944 Fanatic,
I'm interested in the dynatech strut brace,but I have a couple of questions.
First will the strut fit the 968 ?
Who do we send the money to ?
Lastly will the brace be shipped directly to each individual
Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Thanks David. You meant 'asynchronously.'

Daniel, what do you mean "ok" ?? I must have missed an edit there.
sorry about that. i accidently posted something and i just put something in the spot instead. my bad
Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 PM
hexdriver
Intermediate

amex 859m,

The 968 strut brace is part of this group buy. I am trying to purchase one for my 968.

We are waiting to find out more details
Old 05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been out of pocket. The Offshore Technology Conference has been going on the last week here in Houston. For those of us who work in the offshore oil and gas industry it is the busiest week of the year.

I've got a few questions stacked up, so I will start with the most recent:

The strut brace is an excellent fit on the 968. No modifications are required. It only takes about 15 minutes to install if you read the instructions first and have all of your tools on hand.

We will ship direct to each customer. We will discount shipping and handling for ground shipment in the continental U.S. to $10, for a total on the strut brace of $295. We will also do S&H on the camberplates for $10 (slightly below cost in both cases).

Since there are many shipping points for the interested customers on this group buy which Vinay has started, we will ship each order direct to each customer. Another week or two should be sufficient to finish compiling the group buy list, so we'll call the deadline Wednesday, May 18, at 10PM CST.

As for payment: cash, check, money order, or credit card. We are currently processing our credit card orders through Paypal, but we should have a direct merchant account set up within 2 weeks.

The camberplates are compatible with stock springs and there is no change to ride height. A special spring perch is required. For the group buy special, we will sell the OEM-type stamped steel spring perches for $30/pair outright, or $10/pair exchange with a $20 deposit. We have aluminum spring perches for 2-1/4" and 2-1/2" ID racing coils for Koni, Bilstein and Leda. Check for others.

The plastic cover on the camberplates is of course removeable, we use it to keep moisture and dirt out of there for street use, which could lead to reduced spherical bearing life. There is a fair bit of space under the plastic cover to accomodate the long spindle threads of the Leda shocks, but I don't think there is quite enough space to allow the cap to go all the way down. However, a small whole can easily be cut through the plastic cap to still shield nearly all of the opening.

BTW, the Guru racing camberplates appear to be high quality pieces. Like other camberplates, though, the spherical joint is rigidly mounted within the housings that attach to the car. That design definitely eliminates lateral deflection of the bearing, but it also transmits ride harshness and shock loading into the vehicle chassis. Do any of you guys have CD players/changers?? Think about it...

Our patent pending Streetable Camberplates provide the same handling performance of racing camberplates, without the harsh ride. This technology is only available for Porsches at this time, although we are also looking at other applications. Next up: 993/964.

That's why our camberplates are more expensive. They are more complex, with a few more pieces, including these excellent polyurethance bushings that we were custom-manufactured for us in Germany. They actually cost us more to make, than the price that Guru sells his camberplates for. But if you have great roads where you live, or you only use your car on the weekend, his product is a good choice that I would recommend.

To 944 Fanatic, we are 99% certain that our camberplates will fit 85.5-86 944's, but we have not had them installed yet. As first adopter on this model year, we will offer special discounting and a 100% guarantee. I will send you a PM to discuss further.

To pass on a little info on the pricing, the reason the prices seem high boils down to two things: low manufacturing volumes and extremely, high quality, custom CNC-manufactured parts made here in the USA. For you Rennlisters, we will also throw in a show-quality polish job for those who want the polished finish rather than the low-key satin racer look. You look at some of these parts and think that they are a work of art. Just wait and see...

Sean
Dynatech Motorsports, Inc.
http://home.earthlink.net/~968/index2.htm
Old 05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Sean, thanks! Now I really can't wait! Shipping at $10 and the polishing at no extra cost, gotta love that!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:23 PM
amex859
Track Day

Hey guys, count me in on the Dynatech group buy. I'm in for the strut brace.

How many do we have for the strut brace ?

Have we reach the quota of 5 yet ?

Ed Russo
Old 05-09-2005, 02:56 PM
painkiller
Racer

Will the strut brace fit on a 951 with a Lindsey fuel rail?

TIA

John
Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
dynatech
Instructor

John,
I just spoke to the Guys at Lindsey and was told that there is no difference in the height of the Lindsey fuel rail and the OEM Porsche fuel rail, if the information that i was just given is correct, we should have no problems at all,

Scott

Originally Posted by painkiller
Will the strut brace fit on a 951 with a Lindsey fuel rail?

TIA

John
Old 05-09-2005, 06:55 PM
painkiller
Racer

Thanks for the research Scott. Let me check finances and I may be in. Will post later tonight or tues am.

John
Old 05-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott,

I am ready to buy, what do we need to do?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:30 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

If need be, I have the Lindsey Rail and the stock rail and can measure them for delta in height. Eyeballing them, they look exactly the same height.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
painkiller
Racer

Paul, if you could check that out I would be grateful. Just would like to be sure and not be disappointed because that strut brace is the nicest I've seen.

Scott, assuming no interference issues count me in for one with the full polish finish.

Hex, thanks for initiating this. Looks like a fabulous piece.

John
Old 05-11-2005, 11:19 AM
amex859
Track Day

Hex, where do we stand regarding the quota of 5 orders of the strut brace ? I'm committed for one.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
hexdriver
Intermediate

This strut brace count looks like

1. hexdriver
2. 944 fanatic
3. Bill
4. amex859
5. painkiller

That's five so we are ready to go. Hopefully, Sean will chime in today and tell us if dynatech is ready.

Thanks everyone!
vinay
Old 05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Painkiller, I verified that both the Lindsey and the stock fuel rail are the same size. Both measure at just a hair under 3.5" from the intake manifold mounts to the top of the rail. Should be no problems.

I'm still in on a set of plates and a brace.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Strut Brace - buy one with me for a discount