Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I pulled a Rock move today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"See Rock, age and self proclaimed wisdom does not insulate one from bonhead moves."

That should be bonehead, with an e.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tom,
I'm laughing my *** off, that is so me, or is it Rock. No animals were hurt, I assume.........
Old 05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Does this count?

The other week when I was preparing to replace the clutch master and slave cylinders I said to myself, "Hey I should probably fix my old scratched up "work on the car" glasses so I don't scratch my regular everyday unscathed pair of glasses." I didn't really feel like waiting for epoxy to cure, so I didn't bother. Sure enough as I was pulling the starter off the car it dropped down and dinging my glasses. Dumb ***!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:17 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

A while back, I had borrowed a friends radar detector for a road trip. I figured I would just velcro it to the dash and remove the velcro later, since thats how my friend had been using it in his vehicle. I found some velcro and stuck it to the piece of velcro on the bottom of the detector, so far so good. I was in a hurry tho, so I didn't pull the backing off the sticky side, figuring as soon as I got going, I'd try to find the "right spot" on the dash to mount it. One thing lead to another, and I soon forgot about finishing the job.

The radar detector stayed put until I was getting on the highway. I had the windows down and was whipping around the cloverleaf and the radar detector goes flying out the window. Unfortunately, the cord held on long enough for it to bounce about three times or so against the door, before letting go, so not only did I get to replace my friends radar detector after I finished my trip sans protection, I also got to get my door repainted (it was on a Jeep, not a Porsche)... arrggghhh!

Regards,
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was working on my car, and set my cell phone on the wing. Several hours later, I am driving out of my apartment complex, which is set back in the woods, and there is this nice windy road around the ponds and geese and crap. Well, it's a beautiful day, and the top is off, and windows down. I pull out of my apartment complex, onto the main road, and get about 4 lights away, and I hear the phone ring. Well, I look everwhere, and can't find it. I pull over, look under all the seats, and can not find the damn phone. At this point, I decided I was probably crazy, and as I was pulling out, I looked in my mirror, and saw the thing sitting on the wing. Boy, was I lucky!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:16 AM
jp944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once found my magnetic parts dish stuck to my passenger side fender a week after I finished the job. Then there was the time my right front wheel fell off while doing 70mph on I-45. And it was completely my fault. Don't feel bad guys, it will happen to everyone eventually.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

I put my phone on my wing before, drove off to my friends house and never saw it again.

I called it a couple days later, and a man picked up. He said his kid had found it in the street. He told me how to get to his house, and I went and got it. I later broke the phone somehow while Wes and I were in florida.

This thread started a trend though. Whenever us here in southwest Ohio do something stupid, we say we "Pulled a Rock move". I was driving with Nine-44 (Andy) the other night, and he was telling about something stupid he did and he told me he "pulled a rock move"
Old 05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahaha.. I remember the phone, we where setting out on the balcony and rock comes out and slams the phone on the table multiple times. Still didn't work..

Quick Reply: I pulled a Rock move today.