Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Engine Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PMRacing
lol, i know im not gonna waste my money (got a full scholarship to a Univ. so im not so worried about that), i like every aspect of a 944, i just wanted to see if there could be a bit more horespower without ruining the handling and braking of it.
Congrats. I'd be going to a community college if it wasn't the same case with me.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
PMRacing
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, can u say how much it probably would cost me, if i put a V6 turboed, instead. i just want around 250 hp, more i wouldnt mind, and how much do u think that will cost. by cost i only mean by parts, all the manual work me and my older bros could do, and we have all the tools(helpful when there is a mechanic shop that we can work in, its owned by my bros best friend). or would it be eaiser if i just go with an LS1 or Lt1?

thanks a lot man for all ur comments though, and try 70, there are lots of good cars there, and i also gave up on driving in tracks at the age of 16, because chances of me getting an acutall sponsership is fairly low, considering that i had only been in the tracks for 2.5 years, other than that, i would still be driving in the tracks. all you need is an international liscence, and also an aproved liscence from the actual track.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Funcrusher
Track Day

If you want around 250hp only than keeping the 944 turbo engine and modifying that would be your best bet,and you wont go through half the work it takes to do a conversion.
Considering your into the street scene as well as the track,the 944 are not drag racers or street racers ,I used to have a 944 Turbo with mild modifications and I got beat by an SRT4 Neon with light modifications from a 40,nothing amazing..but in todays day and age,on the straight,there are too many fast cars.
the Porsche 944's excel in road racing,Though you can street race a 944 turbo and win many of your highway / top speed runs dont expect to win much like a mustang can,out the hole.
Considering durability and price,the best bet for you would be the LS1 Conversion,not only are they good motors but they can deliver the power you need,and have the strength to go for more.
Just watch out on the suspension modifications to balance the car,thats where the big bucks will come into play.
Though at 16,I hate to sound corny but,just,try to be as level headed as possible and understand what your getting into,a fast rwd car is no joke on the street and on the track.
Either way,have fun and hopefully youll come across a decision and outcome when god permits.
Charles
Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 PM
PMRacing
Track Day

thanks alot, im probably gonna keep it stock, and after a bit of time passes by, then ill think of doing stuff with it. but thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: 944 Engine Conversions