Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:07 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Ouch. If you say so.
What is that supposed to mean?

Look, I've been getting these special fuses for free, and they are the only ones out there that fit the bill. That free day is long gone and new people have to pay the price. And it is going to take around 100 of them to make it happen again.

I do this as a sideline to help Rennlisters/Pelicans , not a living, because I know it will improve their fine old cars and keep them alive.

I'm not going to make a lower quality product. Besides my natural aversion to crap product, my name and reputation are on everything that goes out. And that is the end of the discussion.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:49 PM
unsigned
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IceShark I'm insterested but a little confused. Are things duplicated between kits here? If I were to order the headlight kit, would I still need the Battery cable kit?

Ryan
Old 01-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the headlight kit includes the 2 cibie lamps, the heavy duty wiring harness, 4 narva bulbs, and an adjustable voltage regulator. the battery cable kit includes all your BATTERY cables. the positive package includes the one going from the battery to the fuse box, the battery to the alternator, and alternator to starter. the negative package he already has ready to ship, and that includes the one from battery to main ground on block, and the supplemental ground.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:17 PM
father2nate
Pro

IceShark - Dan, Are the early car different than late cars in regards to the negative cables? My negative cable appears to only be 8"-10" long and attaches to the car on the firewall. Then it looks as if the same type of cable is used near the back of the engine and goes God know where. I want for sure to order the Neg. cables. It looks like they used a really, really, crappy cable. I'll upload a pic: Can someone tell me what that cable is that comes off the firewall near the back of the engine?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:37 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

How much is the Negative ground cables? What does it replace exactly? Does it fix the problem with the temp gauge rising with the voltage?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Yup, That is what was done on the early models in left hand drive cars. It is an absolute mess by now.

Get my new negative battery cables, $49 plus the shipping. I will make more of them whatever happens with the full kit. And get the supplemental negative (from headlight kit) from the front of the motor to frame rail. $20. Total with shipping and packing in lower 48 USA is $80. A picture was posted of both by H earlier in the thread.

Will make a world of difference in how the car works. I know this so well that you can have your money back if you don't notice. Downside to the refund is you will be watched by local mental health experts and LEOs as you are obviously crazy.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey dan, if i'm correct the supplemental ground comes along with the headlight kit?

also, could you verify if i have this correct...regarding the positive cables...one goes from battery to alternator and alternator to starter, and another from battery to fusebox?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 PM
jenket944
Pro

Allright, count me in for one of the full battery kits. Last one I ordered is going on the Turbo so now I need to show the NA some TLC.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Jake, yes you will get the forward supplemental ground with the headlight harness. And more grounding to the right hand frame rail in the harness. You will see a huge difference with the headlight kit and new main negatives.

The positives go like this: A main run from battery to starter and a smaller run from starter to alternator. Then there are much smaller runs from battery to fuse/relay box, DME and others. If you look at the OEM battery clamp you can see what I am talking about. All those wires are unfused so can start you on fire if you crash or even if they wear through the insulation. Pinned in the cockpit and burned alive. That was a nightmare of mine and why I made the battery cable kit.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:43 PM
father2nate
Pro

Bump - come on people - we need 100... surely, we can get these sold... I want one really bad, and I know you do too!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

I want a full set as well.

Dan - I'm in the process of getting my Paypal account verified with a bank account. Once that's complete I'll email you regarding the deposit.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:16 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Jonathan, bump it once a week. I think the target ship date if this pulls off will be April.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water ......
Old 01-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan, I'm VERY interested...but broke right now. i'm gonna see if my dad is interested in throwing more money into my car because I can't afford it right now. If he is, count me in. I'll try and convince him to get a set too.

Tell me if you think it'll help with this problem:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/181802-neat-electrical-problems-please-help-fixed.html
if it does, count me in for a negative...someone told me it sounds like my positive cable is dying on me.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in for an Iceshark "951 wiring harness"...oops, wrong thread

On a realistic note...Dan's stuff is nothing but quality. It seems once every month or two someone suffers an engine fire and most are related to the battery cables and/or fuel rail.

If he ever produces a wiring harness I'll be one of the first in-line to add it to my headlight and ground kit!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:10 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, like Geoff im interested, but broke. All of my money has gone into a short shifter, rear valance and sport seats i should be picking up next week. Whatever cash i have left needs to last me until late May when i sail to Europe until late July. Hopefully you still have a set lying around for me around then .

And i will add to the comments on Dan's work. I have the full lighting upgrade (wireharness and all). I bought the kit not expecting much, but when i saw how well made it was with the quality of materials used...i was really impressed. I just wish i had known the fire sleeve was made of fiberglass. It would have saved me a hell of a rash on my forearms and me from laying the cables out on my bed That entire week my girlfriend and i wondered why we had rashes when waking up... ..

Quick Reply: New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....