Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 days, 2 944 series cars, and 2 major improvements!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2 days, 2 944 series cars, and 2 major improvements!

Aight!

Improvement 1: 1987 924S...My car...repair done yesterday

Dad was nice and got me a nice shift lever for my 924S for Christmas and gave it to me early. Had a couple hours before work, so I installed the new lever. WOW! Incredible difference! I have very little play in any gear, and no more geussing where each gear actually lies! I should've done this years ago! the old shift **** to shift linkage connection was worn like a football. it was crazy.

Improvement 2: 1988 951S Dad's car, repair today.

a while back, dad (Fahren951) posted on power steering lines. Well, he got a new one, we installed it. took most of the day. That little b*tch of a line is in there deep! Got it out after removing all of the belly pans, the nose panel, and the headlight surround on the passenger side. Killed the battery cuz we just put the headlights up and turned off the car...the clearance lights were on all day.
Anyway, while under there, dad replaced the sway bar bushings with some new delrin bushings he got from Paragon. Anyway, car no longer leaks, but because I found a tack in the tire when remounting the wheels, we've yet to really push it hard with the new bushings.

Anyway, it's been a productive 2 days. things are good, and Porsches are happy. 951 gets a new tire repair tomorrow!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good deal man! I got the n/a car cleaned up - brakes are done. . . On the 951 I got the new turbo electric water pump & clean coolant reservoir installed, as well as confirming an oil pan gasket leak ( ) At least it isn't bad. Tomorrow will be installation of the Welt chips and new cruise control computer. Got the oil changed on the wife's car too. I'm actually almost caught up on all the vehicle stuff! YAY!!! At least until the "big" projects (oil pan gaskets and such) have to be done. After the next two holiday 3-day weekends I imagine I'll finally be caught up with all the "little" stuff & routine maintenance for a good long while. Any other "I got a lot done" stories?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:06 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sweet, i was lazy this weekend, but i did send the car off to the alignment shop, should get it back today! Cant take that crazy bumpsteer anymore!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah. Dad's off fixing the tire on the 951S right now.

Man, I had no idea how incredible the suspension on the turbo S is. I mean, the brakes are HUGE! and it's got koni coil overs from the factory! I walked into the garage yesterday morning, and dad had the wheels off, and I was amazed! I didn't know it had that kinda setup.

Quick Reply: 2 days, 2 944 series cars, and 2 major improvements!