Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Theft rant!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 02:12 PM
bader$
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Theft rant!

I came home yesterday and someone had stolen some spare parts from my driveway. Thes are parts that I was going to sell so that I could make some improvements to my 944. Now I know that I should have known better than to have them in my driveway, that I should have had them inside where no one could see them and because I did not they were stolen. But it still makes me mad that people take what does not belong to them, like they need more than I do and that I "deserve" to lose it because I didn't secure them. There is someone who lives in my neighborhood that has a 944, I think it is broken. I hope it wasn't them but if it was and they are on this board they are the lowest of low. To be a member of a online community designed to help one another and then steal from another is deplorable. In my opinion people only steal stuff they can use or sell and only someone familiar with these cars would be able to indentify, use or know the value of a fender, headerpanel and headlight covers For a 944. If I catch the person with the parts I will prosecute them to the fullest extent possible.

End of rant.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Opeth
Pro

Default street justice

screw prosecution, they need to meet the buisness end of a 7 iron (steel shaft of course)
Old 12-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I figure there is a higher probability someone threw them away then to steal them. Most people can't identify these parts let alone being able to sell them. Its like having a pile of lotus parts sitting in someone's driveway. Even if you are a thief, you probably wouldn't go and steal them.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:25 PM
bader$
Burning Brakes

No I am not sure. I just feel that people would not just walk up an take body parts in primer if they did not know what they were. I know I shouldn't even make an accusation that people are innocent until proven guilty, but people just think they can do what they want and the police have so much to do that they do not have the time to chase people for petty theft. And I thought that maybe just maybe if the guilty person is on this board they might just bring them back. (Yea right}
Old 12-18-2004, 02:28 PM
bader$
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Legoland951
I figure there is a higher probability someone threw them away then to steal them. Most people can't identify these parts let alone being able to sell them. Its like having a pile of lotus parts sitting in someone's driveway. Even if you are a thief, you probably wouldn't go and steal them.
It's just that there is no place to throw them and My neighborhood is an older on and people have all kinds of stuff laying out. And it does not matter, to take something from anothers property even to discard it without permission is stealing. They should come to the property owner and ask him to do something with it.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Adam Roberts
Instructor

Someone stole my Giant Floorjack like 2 weeks ago. I left it outside becuase I didn't want to put it back in (its weighs 80lbs) Anyway. Came out one morning and the jack was gone.

I don't know how they took it without making a load of noise. You can hear it from almost a block away when you wheel it around. it would be very akward and difficult to carry too. But, it was gone..

very stupid.. I just don't get why people want to steal things like that.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:19 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Probably neighbors sick of seeing car parts laying in the neighbors driveway.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:00 PM
bader$
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Karl2bdc
Probably neighbors sick of seeing car parts laying in the neighbors driveway.
It's Stealing no matter how you look at it, there is no excuse. All they would have to say is Mr. so and so Would you mind putting your car parts in a less obvious spot.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your neighbor probably got pissed off at you for trashing up the neighborhood and threw them out.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bader$
I came home yesterday and someone had stolen some spare parts from my driveway. Thes are parts that I was going to sell so that I could make some improvements to my 944. Now I know that I should have known better than to have them in my driveway, that I should have had them inside where no one could see them and because I did not they were stolen. But it still makes me mad that people take what does not belong to them, like they need more than I do and that I "deserve" to lose it because I didn't secure them. There is someone who lives in my neighborhood that has a 944, I think it is broken. I hope it wasn't them but if it was and they are on this board they are the lowest of low. To be a member of a online community designed to help one another and then steal from another is deplorable. In my opinion people only steal stuff they can use or sell and only someone familiar with these cars would be able to indentify, use or know the value of a fender, headerpanel and headlight covers For a 944. If I catch the person with the parts I will prosecute them to the fullest extent possible.

End of rant.
Prosecute? Whatever happened to good old *** kickings?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:44 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

sadly, they have gone the way of the dodo
Old 12-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I came home lst night and had 2 cases of pop on my porch cooling for my son's return to Ohio- yep gone.

Merry Christmas - I guess they are worse off than me.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:40 AM
bader$
Burning Brakes

People will take anything. I sounds funny to hear someone call it pop. I am from Ky and they do to.
Been in GA 12 yrs and they call it soda or coke (no matter what flavor).
Old 12-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bader$
People will take anything. I sounds funny to hear someone call it pop. I am from Ky and they do to.
Been in GA 12 yrs and they call it soda or coke (no matter what flavor).
Very true- every now and then the Illinois or the Jersey shows through.
My brother lives in Atl and my niece calls everything Coke.

FWIW it was a case of Coke and Dr Pepper.

Quick Reply: Theft rant!