Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shuddering???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your clutch slave cylinder...I had one go out on me not long ago, however, the way mine broke was the front seals was compromised. Did you replace the slave cylinder when you did the clutch job? Is your clutch loosening up with the pedal? are you getting any WHITE SMOKE that smells like ***? does your exhaust have a blue splatter pattern burned onto it?

when my slave went, I didn't have any bucking, nor any puddles. Finally, I was just out of brake fluid. but for a while before it went, I'd get this nasty smell in the cabin, and a little white smoke seeping from the left side of the hood. No matter how much I looked, I couldn't find any source of the smoke. I put the clutch in one night, and it hit the floor and wasn't gonna come back out. we get it home, and I put it on jackstands, and I pulled off the inspection plug on the bellhousing, and a bunch of brake fluid lands on my face. I have no clue how it got to the exhaust, but my exhaust had blue splatters on it. since then, I've had no problems with any nasty smelling white smoke, and the clutch is firmer, and no leaking!

Check the slave

Quick Reply: Shuddering???!!!