Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Promoting my place of work

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:55 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Promoting my place of work

This time I actually am going to promote my place of employment. Despite the rennlist rules!

I bought on ebay an entire front N/A facia with foglights. The piece was freshly painted and everything in mint condition. I was lucky and got it on a second chance ebay offer for $75. The reserve was $350! Oops. I guess I shouldn't share that ebay secret with you guys! Pictures of the product were perfect.

The female seller took it into UPS and paid an additional $38 to have UPS pack it for them. Seller insured the piece as well.

Attached are the pics of what it looked like when it arrived. All broken up and cracked. I know it took place in shipping and not before because the paint chips and plastic pieces were still in the packing.

The shipper was pissed at UPS. She left and didn't watch them pack it, due to being in a hurry. The packing consisted of a one layer wrap of bubble wrap and sticking an additional shipping label on the inside of the packing, right on the fresh paint. Needless to say the fog light was broken, the plastic housing broken, paint chipped off front eh flexing of it in shipping.

The seller is awesome! Told me to get it painted right and they will pay the bill. Sent me a new fog light in the mail, and chewed out UPS.

I paid $75 for the piece and the paint job is $215 and the replacement fog light I'm sure wasn't cheap for the seller. Who could have told me to stick it!!!!

Moral of the story: I work for FedEx....You all need to use them!

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc025f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc026f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc027f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc028f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc029f_copy1.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc030f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc031f.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/mvc032f.jpg
Old 11-08-2004, 10:13 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i dont have such a high opinion of fedex either. i'm very glad you have pride in where you work - thats very important - but i'm currently on a fedex boycott. DHL has been doing a very nice job for me of late.

fed ex REALLY messed up a delivery that contained a flak jacket for a co-worker of mine that was headed for afghanistan. needless to say, SHE NEEDED IT. i packed it myself, did online shipping on MY regularly used account, hand delivered it to the staffed drop off location and kissed it goodbye.

paid a substantial amount to have it there (DC) by 1030 the next morning - but it didn't show. to make a long story not so short, it came back to me. no reason given. and it took 4 days. fedex admitted i did everything correctly and by the book, but still can't explain why it made it all the way to Dulles - only to turn back south. it was 15 miles away from its final destination!!!!

then....after it showed up here i had a HORRIBLE experience expressign my disgust with the 'service' person i was connected to. SO BAD, that a supervisor called me back after i hung up in desperation.....she had been monitoring the conversation and was very apologetic. needless to say, i shipped it DHL that day and another colleague hauled it to afghanistan and got it to the right person. luckily.
the real kicker was when someone from fedex called me a week later and wanted to know what EXACTLY they were supposed to be looking for in my LOST package....boy - i could have made out like a bandit had i chosen not to be honest........

so - sorry to go on and on, but anyone can have a bad day - but until DHL has one, i'm sticking with them, instead.......
Old 11-08-2004, 10:30 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Washington951
"fed ex REALLY messed up a delivery that contained a flak jacket for a co-worker of mine that was headed for afghanistan."

I work for the air cargo police dept they have. All I can say about your package is to consider the cargo and it's place of destination. Will not confirm, nor deny that your federal gov. had something to do with it shipping correctly. Read between the lines! The same Federal agency works for all 3 air cargo agency's.

This may have been why there were no precise answers for your package delay and misdirection!

No excuses for your other customer service complaint.

DHL also has the military shipping contract for afghanistan.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:36 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

i think you missed that my destination for the jacket was washington dc after being shipped from miami beach. the co-worker was HEADED to afghanistan, but the shipment was to the state dept. in DC (i do sub work for the state dept. and other gov't agencies)

there are no lines to read between in this case - i get where you're coming from, but it does not apply here.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, now I got it! You know cops aren't known to be that bright, or is it brite. LOL
Old 11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

nah - in re-reading my post, i realize i wasn't that clear. my bad.
a cop with a 944 and a ducati can't be THAT bad!
;-)
Old 11-09-2004, 07:54 AM
dmsog
Instructor

I recently had a ps pump shipped to me by Fedex. When it got here, the 8 lb. box weighed 1 lb and I flipped it over to see that the pump had gone out the bottom of the (sturdy) box somewhere in transit. The Fedex people were nice enough to tape the empty box back up so it could continue its' journey to me. I refused the box and the shipper refunded my money. Hopefully Fedex paid for this.

Doug
Old 11-09-2004, 11:38 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

My Son bought used text books through a private internet source. The seller shipped them FedEx 2 day service. The box had been opened, resealed, and arrived open and empty. He was out over $180, FedEx wouldn't admit an error, the seller was very nice about it and even had the receipt with weight. Never again will I use those maggots, not that UPS is any better. I love how UPS left an insured package with $1500 worth of specialty audio equipment on my porch for a full day when I specified "signed delivery" only. Neither of these companies seem to think a residential customer is worth going the extra mile for after a problem. DHL and USPS has been good so far.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

After dealing with both Fed-x and UPS professionally here at work (we ship daily), I am doing something that years ago I would have sworn I would have never done. I (we, our company) are switching back to the US postal service. USPS has made definate strides in useability, and quality, while Fed-ex and UPS have gone down the tubes.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:09 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just so you guys know, when you think you are using USPS, It's actually FedEx. They have the postal contract. The USPS packages join and go through the FedEx system and Hub. Sorted by and flown out on FedEx planes. Just goes to show you that sometimes we never know where our items go.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:13 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Tight
My Son bought used text books through a private internet source. The seller shipped them FedEx 2 day service. The box had been opened, resealed, and arrived open and empty. He was out over $180, FedEx wouldn't admit an error, the seller was very nice about it and even had the receipt with weight. Never again will I use those maggots, not that UPS is any better. I love how UPS left an insured package with $1500 worth of specialty audio equipment on my porch for a full day when I specified "signed delivery" only. Neither of these companies seem to think a residential customer is worth going the extra mile for after a problem. DHL and USPS has been good so far.
That "signed delivery" problem with Fed-Ex has been a big problem for me at my place of employment. We used to send settlement checks and legal documents via Fed-Ex with a "signed delivery" specification. However, if the person receiving the package had specified at any time in the past that it was OK to leave without signature, that over-rode the request that we had for signed delivery. That meant that even though we insisted for a signature, the fed-ex driver would leave important packages on the front step/porch/etc without ensuring they were signed for. This was a big NO-NO for us. After being burned a few times and never getting anyone at Fed-Ex to listen to us, we quit using them for this purpose.

IMHO, "Signed Delivery" checked off by the package sender should mean just that, no matter what the receiver has done/said in the past. Just my two cents, if Fed-Ex would like to improve their customer service.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

We all know my opinion of UPS!

Right way:

Wrong Way:

Packed, inspected, and insured by UPS. Shipper should have crated the motor, but I still can't believe that UPS would send a block this way. Still makes me sick...
Old 11-09-2004, 02:12 PM
M@rk951
Instructor

I've luckily had good service from both.... i like fedex a little bit better thought cause of faster and cheaper shipping....i get the vibe from ups its always thrown around and then tossed on your porch regardless if anyone is home.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Matt H
Race Director

UPS can lick monkey *********. I have actually refused to buy from people who ONLY use UPS. Fedex all the way.

For one example of UPS worthlessness, they "misplaced" my 4K dollar Powerbook, didnt know where it was or when I could have it. It showed up 4 days later, with parts missing out of the open box. This wouldnt have made me AS angry except they left a delievery notice on my front door. Therefore, from the time they left the delivery notice to the time I got the package someone had "lost", opened, and removed pieces from my delivery.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:29 PM
KenC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks like reguardless of shipper: Remember to take digital photos in and out. Have documented value and insure contents to the max you can proove. To protect the goods, you feel like you have to pack your product inside a "military tank", the problem is - that it's another win win for the shipper, because now your paying to ship the "military tank".

Quick Reply: Promoting my place of work