Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOW GTG/Tbelt party 10/17/04 Head Count

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:08 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Is that XSBoost under the car? Jesus!! That would scare the living sheite out of me. With my luck the car would fall on me and Id end up being a vegetable confined to drinking from a straw the rest of my life. How in the hell can you see anything down there? You had a light pen in your mouth??

Looks like a lot of fun. You guys are my heros, always doing stuff and talking shop and generally being men. Im a pansy. A wuss. Dale and Campeck and Kurt can attest to this. Honestly if I showed up for one of these things Id be like,

"hey umm guys anybody wanna throw the nerf football or sumpin. Umm, hey Dan what are you doing there. You have a metal tool thing in your hand. Why is it coming off when you turn it right. I thought it was righty tighty. What are those wires and things you are pulling off. You might want to label those so yo know what they are. Man its hot out here. Anybody got a lawn chair. Well, Im gonna go over and talk to Pete or something.....so what are you doin Pete. What do you mean you are bleeding it. These cars have blood? Im O positive so I guess if my car needed a blood transfusion you could hook me up right. Or maybe the other way around. Anyway. Yeah. Thats gnarly. Are you hot? Man. I was hot but now Im freezing my tats off. Well OK Pete. Im gonna go back over and sit in my lawn chair and count the traffic. When you need me for something, just flag me down man. Ohhh, theres Wade Im gonna go see if my needs any help........Hey Wadester you need a hand with that. Oh, well. I really dont know how to do that. Yeah, I just get in and turn the key. And I pump gas. I put in Super too because Im performance minded so you might want to think about doing the same when you leave here. So I was talking to Pete and man I said I was hot, but now Im cold. I think Im a lizard or something. I'll be okay though. Im gonna go back over and sit in my lawn chair. When you guys need something, Im going to be right over there. Whos got the nerf football by the way. Im gonna go long guys. Hit me with the Hail Mary dudes. Im gonna hurdle that bush then run a slant pattern. Heh. Alright nevermind. Im going to my lawn chair now. Im walking over to my lawn chair. Im going to the chair. I'll be in the chair. The chair. Right over there. Im not going far. You need me, Im here. Like in a second. So Im going. Aight guys. I was just kidding about the Hail Mary. You got crap on your hands and would yuck up the nerf anway. I just put a killer pair of slacks on before the ride over so we're all good. OK dudes you look like you got everything under control. I'll be in my chair freezing my *** off. I'm gonna suck it up though. I dont want to slow you down. So I'll be right over there counting traffic. You guys are my bros."
Old 10-18-2004, 08:11 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris you are killin' me here!
You need to come out to some of these. We'll show you how to change oil or something. You'll feel like friggin' Superman or something after that.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

your starting to sound like the rock!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing UD missed was the "group hug" at the end signifying successful completion.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:20 AM
groa944
Instructor

UD did you ever get any practice at using the pay at the pump system? I never did hear if you were successful at that or not.....
Old 10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's a pic of the Dale-mobile next to jjjr's red 944. In the background you can see Jason's 85.5 944 (that just got the new timing belt) and my car.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffman912

no comment from the dawg pound
Thanks for exercising mercy and restraint Harry. You could be gloating after that game............
Old 10-18-2004, 12:27 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by groa944
UD did you ever get any practice at using the pay at the pump system? I never did hear if you were successful at that or not.....
Unfortunarely not yet. Usually Im thirsty and need a beverage from the snack shoppe inside so I figure if I have to approach the counter, I might as well pay for bot the gas and drink.

And I DID get behind a menopausal lady last week who was buying smokes.

"No no, I want box. Those arent filters I want box filters. No no those arent the low tar boxed filters. No, now see those are lights, I dont want lights, I want menthols. If I ask for 100s I want 100s. I want boxed, filtered, menthol, low tar, non light, 100s. While Im here I want a few scratch-offs too and some money orders. What are the most games with the best odds I can buy for $5.53 in quarters dimes and pennies. Really. Let me run out to the car and get that money."
Old 10-18-2004, 12:44 PM
groa944
Instructor

I'd rather die a parched death in the middle of I-75 south than deal with that. That's exactly the reason I won't even pull into a gas station without pay at the pump.
And lottery tickets..... Those are one of the few things that will rival old ladies paying with checks at the grocery store for the cause my eventual loss of sanity. When I'm nuts and tied to a hospital bed, I'll probably be screaming something about that.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:23 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the slant pattern... over the bush
Old 10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wade B
Thanks for exercising mercy and restraint Harry. You could be gloating after that game............
Like Patti is with the Iowa win.. What happened to the Ohio teams??

Quick Reply: SOW GTG/Tbelt party 10/17/04 Head Count