Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944Racing Short Shift Does Not Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004 | 04:14 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Well if some of you had read my posting on the fitment this would not be an issue!

IT FITS but you will have to hone the bore a little and can be done with a piece of sandpaper or a light dremel work. Not an exact quote but close enough.

Geez guys give the other Dal a bit of respect here!! He could have just kept his mouth shut and you all would still be searching for a kit. And if you would take the time to READ you would have figured it out!

2 screws and a large shaft is all it is and if one cannot figure out how to fit a round peg in a round hole then you should of left it be. I understand the frustration when a part is a bit off as MOST aftermarket parts and accessories are but use some common sense and do some research on fitment before you buy and then determine what extra effort is needed to achive the desired goal.
We are talking about a hole and a peg for peats sake! If this is such a major PITA for you please don't even consider doing a tire change!

To the other DAL. Take it with a grain of salt and I personally thank you for bringing such a worth while product to our attention and I got mine from B Dodd this winter!
Dal
Old 09-11-2004 | 04:28 PM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

Hey guys, sorry to reopen this thread - I was just commenting on how well mine fit and that I'm very happy with it. Looks like I bumped the thread ...
Old 09-11-2004 | 10:25 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Heh, Ok, I admit that I might have been a bit harsh.. I wasn't feeling well that week and I might have overreacted. Apologies.

And you're all still a bunch of freaking whiners!

Glad to know that everything worked out.

Dal.
Old 09-11-2004 | 11:54 PM
Wrecksimple03
Addict
Rennlist Member

im rellay happy with mine too...fit perfect, tapped it on and it was snug but fit. If this buy didn't happen i wouldn't have thought of getting a ssk so soon thank you
Old 09-13-2004 | 04:24 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dal Heger
Heh, Ok, I admit that I might have been a bit harsh.. I wasn't feeling well that week and I might have overreacted. Apologies.

And you're all still a bunch of freaking whiners!

Glad to know that everything worked out.

Dal.
Yeah I suppose I posted too soon and that some simple modification was not such a big deal. I will not be so quick to post next time so apologies to 944Racing on my behalf.

I know that the one I got was way too small. If I was to follow the recommendation to use a hone and sandpaper I would still be out there trying to get it to fit.

Oh Dal how about organizing a group buy for some cone air filters?

End of Thread for me.

Quick Reply: 944Racing Short Shift Does Not Fit!