Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lambo door conversion ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004 | 01:56 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Hell some things i consider tasteful i have NO DOUBT some of you might call "rice". Like i know some people HATE the 968 TurboS wing. Whatever floats your boat.... but somethings like lambo doors are just tasteless...
Old 07-30-2004 | 02:21 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fty
You guys are ruthless....ready to jump down peoples throats at a moments notice. Ill make sure not to bring my car around some of you guys, I dont wanna be picked on for have a rennlist windshield banner... -Chris

If people wanna do silly stuff like put neon/ect. under thier cars let them find out the hard way by paying for tickets ect. no need for the visciousness....be angry about something else.
Maybe we should put a siren on the van too, so you could tell it was coming. It would be funny to see someone trying to pull the 30 crests out of their interior before the "Regulators" arrived.

I wasn't angry about anything and I really made the van comment tongue-in-cheek... but I am a bit amazed that someone is hinting at putting lambo doors on a 944 on rennlist and some folks think it's an interesting idea.

Wow. Anyway, it is a public forum and people are allowed to like/dislike anything they choose, of course - and be vocal about it provided there are no personal insults flying.

if i personally insulted u, progenitor, I hope u didn' nut in yo pants wit anga.

Micah
Old 07-30-2004 | 02:28 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Never said it was an interesting idea, me personally wouldnt even consider it, but some people as Im sure your aware...like that stuff. im just saying some people are quick to insult and I think it turns new and old rennlisters away, Im not for censorship just courtesy. And No im not insulted, and I wouldnt get angry about a comment on the internet.. I have other things to be pissed about, like lil oil leaks under my car...

BTW-I like my rennlist banner, I like to show a lil support for a great website. Ive made a ton of friends from it.
Old 07-30-2004 | 06:46 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Originally Posted by fty
You guys are ruthless....ready to jump down peoples throats at a moments notice. Ill make sure not to bring my car around some of you guys, I dont wanna be picked on for have a rennlist windshield banner... -Chris

If people wanna do silly stuff like put neon/ect. under thier cars let them find out the hard way by paying for tickets ect. no need for the visciousness....be angry about something else.
good call fty !

too much a$$ kicking on this site man !
Old 07-30-2004 | 06:47 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

BTW,

would it look better on a door with no frames like on a

certain red 44 s2 cab, that I know
Old 07-30-2004 | 08:57 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

i live my life a smart *** comment at a time, and for those ten seconds or less, im free.
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:16 AM
sweanders
Race Director

It took me two months to put a Nürburgring sticker on my 944 that I drove there because I had personal problems with my dignity when putting a sticker on a car.. Still not sure if it should be there.
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:41 AM
Dave
Race Car

Originally Posted by progenitor04
if u only knew my vision u would be bustin a nut in ur pants rite now at this moment
Not even if you were to learn to spell in the process! I think we've found the flaw with "hooked on phonics!"
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:48 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
good call fty !

too much a$$ kicking on this site man !
Well, of course this is coming from a man that drives an S2 Cab with a girl painted on it's hood/bonnet. LOL!!
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:29 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Ohh.. cue the "tiger lady" pic...

Micah- the image in my head was a bunch of guy's piling out of a plain black van with no markings of any kind except for the tastefully placed "Porsche Support Vehicle" in the back window.
The rear doors flying open with the "hut, hut, hut, hut" thing going on- sporting Porsche polo shirts with the collars down and armed with parts catalogs and spare keys, duct taping some guy to a lawn chair and forcing him to see "Excellence was expected" and Carography: Porsche.

The rubber hose, flashlight and a lot of salty pretzels and no water.. You vill be purist.. you vill not modify to suit your personal tastes.. it vas dezigned zis vay and zats zee vay it vill be!!

Just buy a lambo and turbo it.
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:33 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:34 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tifosiman
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I just spit water all over my monitor.. LMAO
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:36 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

It's your car, do whatever you want to it Just make sure it's done the right way so the door won't fall on your head when you get in the car. My friend's 1984 Countach's driver side door is sagging and occasionally likes to deliver mild to moderate concussions What a great means of a theft deterrent

I can see some good reasons to do Lamborghini style door mechanisms on cars. Perhaps it's probably easier for those disabled and the fact that you can park your car in tight quarters in the garage....

Good luck on your project. Let us know when you get finished

Andy

Andy
Old 07-30-2004 | 12:51 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Matt H
At my age any "vision" that will make me "bust a nut in my pants" will have nothing to do with cars. However, if you are a megahottie (say both Olsen Twins, Hillary Duff, that blonde girl on CSI: Miami) then feel free to post your "vision" and pics of yourself. Otherwise, this is rice waiting to happen, a sort of pungent sourkraut.....
I like Hilary Duff, for her acting of course. lol
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:07 PM
progenitor04
Instructor

u european peep that dont like rice cars i know how u feel, but who really wants to see a stock car go by, wouldnt u rather see an nice car go by that doesnt look like the stock, old style car na they wanna see suttin that looks new style, put it this way do u see old stock cars on the fron page of a magazine do u get sponsored for having a fast car, no!! u have to have the go and the show im not sayin i wanna be sponsored or anything or go on a magazine, i jus wanna be looked at, sure u already get looked at for having an old porcshe but y not make that old 944 look new age so u can get betta looks, and look like ur not stuck in the past u moved on,.... can u see wat im tryin to get at

Quick Reply: lambo door conversion ??