Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood emblem stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:38 AM
T.Asay44
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood emblem stolen...

Well as the title says, my hood emblem was stolen last night. Thankfully the paint wasn't damaged, just the crest, gasket, and two pins gone. Anyone have one laying around that I could get cheap? Most places I checked had them for about $24, just wanted to check to see if anyone had one off a parts car.

Better yet, has anyone come up with a sticker/decal that would serve the same purpose?

Thanks,
Tad
Old 07-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i feel your pain...same thing happened to me when i was at a hockey game against our rival school...dumbass coppell people...no respect for people's cars...no matter how pissed i was at someone i would never mess with the car
Old 07-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Its personal once you mess with someones car. My badge is under a bra so i never have to worry about it. Yes, you can get porsche decals, check some mail order companies or go to a local dealer. theyre like 4 bucks.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:55 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this once a couple of days ago but it got pushed off the front page quickly, so here it is again:
I remember that the new 911 GT3-RS (as seen on Top Gear a few weeks ago) has a plastic sticker Porsche emblem on the front to further cut down on weight. The thing comes stock like that, completly stripped down for racing. So perhaps do a little search for 2005 GT3-RS parts and you might find some! If you do, let us all know so we can each buy a ream of them. Call your local Porsche dealer and tell them the sticker was pealed off your new GT3-RS and see if they can order a new one.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was your car??? oopsie
Old 07-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Losing Hood Emblems

Guys,

That sux that some inconsiderate, wannabe burglar would do such a thing. It rarely happens to the newer Porsches- I know that(may have to do with location). The worse part is- I cannot see any discerning Porsche owner doing such a petty act to save a few. Only the "pipe organ players" working the vampire shift, would find defacing an exotic car at night challenging. And, if they do own a Porsche- they would likely do it as a home beautification gesture...

Zach
Old 07-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I swear - first person to come up with a 30,000 volt modification for those I'm buying one!

Then I'm hiding in the bushes nearby with a camera so I can take pictures and laugh at the dumbasses and a baseball bat to finish the job.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:51 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of stealing anything from my car...well nothing has happened yet. But I am worried about going to college this fall and leaving my car unattended so far away from my dorm room. I'm planning to keep it covered, but I'm not sure if that will attract less attention or more...
Old 07-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldnt cover it in the lot, that will draw alot of attention. I had the same fears of leaving my 924S in the parking lot during my first year. You can do a few things like pull the DME, pull the spark plug wires or something to make the car inoperable and tougher to steal. I used to take my steering wheel off (Momo wheel, takes about 2 minutes to do) if i knew i wasnt using the car a couple days. If possible, park close to the security office or guard house. Thats what i used to do for a little peace of mind. One thing to note, dont park under lamp posts. You will have alot of bird droppings when you return.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:06 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I uh bought mine, yeah, thats the ticket !!!!

no seriously, I just got a new one. I want to rig it for 10,000 volts at 2amp.. will make them think twice.

The harder you make it phisically to remove, the more gets damaged in the process.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:49 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pearldrum...Yes i have the same fears at my college I'll be going to this fall as well. The only plus side I have is that my university is in a really rich part of Dallas so there are plenty of other cars to burglarize haha ok that's bad. But anyway, yes I will be parking as close as possible to a security guard location but it's pretty much mandatory for first-year students to park in the garages. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that hoping nothing happens. I dont think anyone will actually steal the car *knock on wood* but I'm always worried about vandalism and the theft of items from inside the car. Maybe this is where the limou tint I put on will come in handy.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T.Asay44
Better yet, has anyone come up with a sticker/decal that would serve the same purpose?
Dealer has the stickers - reduced drag, lighter weight - here's mine:

Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

I just got mine for like $30

I drove without one for quite some time because I had mechanical things to fix first. Now that I have one, The car is happy. So, just get a $30 badge and be done with it.

If Porsche didn't actually have a crest that people mistake for a police badge, noone would steal them.

BTW the plastic posts are like 15 cents from the dealer.
Fawk a bunch of speednuts...
Old 07-22-2004, 06:35 AM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Hey your lucky it was just the hood emblem I had someone swipe both my "16 ventiler" badges off of the side of my 944S. Those are only about $90.00 a piece from the dealer. Try finding a used set of those in one piece...

IPSC

Last edited by IPSC; 07-22-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The sticker idea is decent, although I just don't think they quite have the same look. . .

I had the neighborhood brats steal my valve stem caps (of all things) so I lock-tited 'em on there and left a Post-it note on the wheel that said "good luck stealing this one". I don't know if they actually tried to get them, but the next day the Post-it was gone. It does take a bit of work to get them off now, even with tools though.

Good thing they didn't get pissed off and break the windshield out of frustration or something. Maybe they figured they were being watched. . .

Quick Reply: Hood emblem stolen...