Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 fest update

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 04:40 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 944 fest update

well im back from the fest, and i must say i had an amazing time.

1st a group of guys led by John D swapped rocks gear box, fixed an injector, and got him running again!!

today i got a taste of boost thansk to brad. needless to say the thing scared the #### out of me to drive it (remember this is the 1st time ive ever driven a turbo). i could ride shotgun no probs.. but when i was at the wheel it was just frightening. everthing is cool untl you hit 3200 rpm then woosh! it just felt like it wanted to get away from me and i could definitly see me killing myself at the wheel of one of those things. i wasnt all over the place or anything and i wasnt pushing it.. but i could just see how this thing get away from an inexperienced 944 or 951 driver really quickly. then again if i drove it more often and was a little more familiar with the car i know the fear would wear off soon.. and this is a 951.. god help me if i was in somthing as squirly as a 930!

Sid viscous was there and was a hoot! absolutly great to finally meet him. Dan as always threw an amazing shindig and a special thanks goes out to him and the swift family. It was a great pleasure meeting John and Jen and i had alot of great conversations with him. glad to know i wasnt the only air cooled nut there we decided at the last min not to drop the 912 since i didnt have new spring plate bushings (and i have original 36 y/o bushings on there now..) if we took the plate off and my bushings crumbled i would be sol and stuck in cincy til tuesday.

chris was the life of the party as usual, and also it was great to hang out at the camp fire and listen to wade and pete jam.

it was a great pleasure to meet and hang out with travis. a truly outstanding guy. one of the nicest people you will ever meet. and it was certainly a pleasure and privledge to finally meet and talk with ashton. CAMPECK RULES!!!

specail thanks to the guys from NC who lent me some tools to get into my carbs and clean out my idle jets. car ran much better on the way home after i got in there the second time. im really sorry but i forget your name.. is it dave? (sorry its 3 am.. i have a bad memory for names)

i was sad to leave early satutday night but i have work and things to take care of sunday morning. you guys certainly made an outsider feel very welcome. for a bunch of wet heads.. you guys are ok in my book

Last edited by hoffman912; 07-04-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:43 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

ps.. andy's car is just simply BAD ***!! the 954 was simply imposing and awsome. worth the trip to see it alone!
Old 07-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dammit...
Old 07-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Next year dude, next year. . .

You'll have more people bugging you for questions / advice than practically anyone else there what with your becoming a tech and all. . .

BTW the process has begun: my car is on stands in the garage right now getting the belts, front seals and a bunch of other stuff done. You were right about that sway bar bushing - I laughed out loud when I got down under there and saw it - it was just shattered! I'll post a pic if you're interested. We really did a number on that one! I'm getting the replacement a/c hose on tomorrow as well, although it is a PITA getting it off the condenser side (there's no way to get a wrench in there to get any leverage without taking the entire nose off, so I'm just going to cut it off). Hopefully I'll have everything working in a week or two, a bunch of new parts and the first part of the "turbo prep" work done.

How's your head? If you're not doing anything tomorrow or Monday and want to swing by lemmee know. I didn't want to host a "t-belt party" just yet because my garage is shared and I don't want to P.O. the neighbors with too many ppl, but two or three would be okay I think as long as we operated very cleanly and quietly.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

ok.. so anyone back yet with pics? i was so busy enjoying myself i forgot to take out my camera
Old 07-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Bob Ward
Racer

Default 944fest report

Agreed, 2 thumbs up!!

FYI Dan has a cool tshirt and DVD of last year and lots of other cool Porsche stuff on it. I'm sure if you drop him an email he can sell you one as long as he does not sellout at the fest!!

Dan the hsots did an excellent job!
Old 07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Bob Ward
Racer

Default Pictures..

Here is a couple pics!
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

I'll be there in 2 years.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:46 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

why not next year? if you want to go bad enough you can do it. you just have to work hard enough to pull it off. (im egging you on.. yes. i wanna see more people take the inititive to take to the open road and see america by porsche.. and then get drunk with fellow porschephiles when they end up at their destinations )
Old 07-04-2004, 05:30 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 07-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Cass944
Drifting

i just got to wisconsin. I have pics but i cant hook my carea up to this computer. Ill start an official picture post when i get to my house.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Cass944
Drifting

btw how many were on the guest list? i was numer 55 i think. or 65? i dont remember now
Old 07-04-2004, 07:28 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Brett, when did you get there? I didn't get a chance to meet you and I don't remember seeing your car.

It did get a little wierd last nite.

I had an absolute blast. I got a few pictures but I was too busy checking out all the great cars and meeting everyone who didn't make it last year.
I'll post the pics I did get in a new thread.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Next year dude, next year. . .

You'll have more people bugging you for questions / advice than practically anyone else there what with your becoming a tech and all. . .

BTW the process has begun: my car is on stands in the garage right now getting the belts, front seals and a bunch of other stuff done. You were right about that sway bar bushing - I laughed out loud when I got down under there and saw it - it was just shattered! I'll post a pic if you're interested. We really did a number on that one! I'm getting the replacement a/c hose on tomorrow as well, although it is a PITA getting it off the condenser side (there's no way to get a wrench in there to get any leverage without taking the entire nose off, so I'm just going to cut it off). Hopefully I'll have everything working in a week or two, a bunch of new parts and the first part of the "turbo prep" work done.

How's your head? If you're not doing anything tomorrow or Monday and want to swing by lemmee know. I didn't want to host a "t-belt party" just yet because my garage is shared and I don't want to P.O. the neighbors with too many ppl, but two or three would be okay I think as long as we operated very cleanly and quietly.
wish i read this last night, i would have come up today. I can't tomorrow because i have work. (not porsche, yet)
~Eyal
Old 07-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I was #71

Quick Reply: 944 fest update