Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Greaseslingers West Club House - SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004 | 12:45 AM
icat
Race Car

Thumbs up Texas Greaseslingers West Club House - SOLD!

Well gang - construction on the new west side club house is almost finished. Which normally would have been a cause for celebration, but the fact that the current "club house" was still on the market and need to go tended to put a damper on things. Well kiddo's - it's time to party! Just - or should I say finally - got a contract on the house today.

So now we can enjoy what's left of the construction process - and begin packing. The new club house should be ready for Code Red in late July or early August!
Old 07-01-2004 | 01:28 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

SOW needs a clubhouse.. Maybe a treehouse with a "no girls allowed" sign would more fit our needs...

Congrats Keith!
Old 07-01-2004 | 01:44 AM
Geo
Race Director

Keith, great news!

I know that must be an enormous relief. You know, that's a good excuse to celebrate. We haven't gotten together as a group in a while. We need to do the karts again or just go someplace for dinner or something this month.
Old 07-01-2004 | 02:37 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Chris if you want a clubhouse use my other house. Nobody lives there. The house is completely empty except for a big screen Tv and a king sized bed. 4 Car garage and an additional toolshed.
Old 07-01-2004 | 09:34 AM
icat
Race Car

Thanks guys, and yes - it is cause for great celebration! The Texas Greaseslingers evil plan for world domination is finally coming to fruition - one house at a time! I got Katy covered - GEO has Kingwood, Red1 has Clear Lake, James has (just where the heck is James any how?), then there's Kevin in Humble (at least I think it's Humble). Man, we are spread WAY to thin - need more members! Assimilate! Assimilate! Resistance is futile....
Old 07-01-2004 | 09:36 AM
icat
Race Car

Whoops - almost forgot Matt. He's in a sleeper cell in the Chicago area!
Old 07-01-2004 | 09:50 AM
Matt H
Race Director

If I keep having to deal with our manufacturing group daily, you might find me there :>) I swear I need blood pressure medication. Ever feel like everyone around you lost about 50 IQ points in the same day and THEN started making decisions with their new found "intelligence"?

It's like a bad twilight zone episode!!

BTW - congrats Keith, glad to see you sold the house. Bet the buyers are happy they missed the interest rate increase.
Old 07-01-2004 | 09:54 AM
icat
Race Car

Don't get me started on interest rates!
The buyer actually locked in at a lower rate than I did - most likely due to the shorter lock time. I was pretty convinced the rates were going to rise quickly so I opted for a long lock and a slightly higher rate. Looks like it cost me around a quarter of a point, but it's done and that's all that matters.
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:41 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations Keith! Time for a GTG!

Don't forget we have Alok in the medical center. There are others. We need to recruit eclou in the memorial area, and p0wp0w lives in Sugarland, I think. Evidently our deep east-Texas cell was devoured by something out of the piney woods (Brazzos), and we shifted our other sleeper cell to Florida.

It's only a matter of time. All your Porsche are belong to us.

Oops, forgot Dlefko. We have infiltrated the SW side already. See? Even I can't keep up with our rapid advancement.

Last edited by Red1; 07-01-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:42 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Matt, It's called the Chicago attitude. Better faster quicker, but with more caffeine. The city of "Big Shoulders" buddy.

"You talking to me?"

You gotta let it roll off your back like water on a duck's butt.
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:50 AM
icat
Race Car

Yousers - Pete's not said anything in such a long time that I forgot about the "Florida" connection!
Mother Ship to Pete, Mother Ship to Pete, you out there? Or are you chillin by the pool?
Old 07-01-2004 | 02:58 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by icat
GEO has Kingwood, Red1 has Clear Lake, James has (just where the heck is James any how?)
Actually, James and I rule Kingwood together through our evil cartel.
Old 07-01-2004 | 03:16 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Matt, It's called the Chicago attitude. Better faster quicker, but with more caffeine. The city of "Big Shoulders" buddy.

"You talking to me?"

You gotta let it roll off your back like water on a duck's butt.

My manufacturing group is out of Nashville, people here are easy, people there live on a less intelligent version of this earth :>)
Old 07-01-2004 | 03:27 PM
jenket944
Pro

*ahem*
Don't forget about me! I'll be out there soon and looking for another stronghold, er.... location to spread our affliction. Hmmm, will probably end up reinforcing Red1 in Clear Lake.
Oh, and if you greaseslingers are looking for a reason to get together, I'm going to making a househunting trip out there this month. I get 6 days as part of the relocation package...meals, lodging, and transportation (airfare + rental). See you all soon!

Oh, and congrats on the house, icat. That turbo offer was tempting, but the commute would've been killer.
Old 07-01-2004 | 03:46 PM
icat
Race Car

Yeah - as I mentioned the commute was not anything I would have wanted to do. And I drive in from Katy everyday (just over 30 miles and just under 1 hour for those who are not familair with our shipping routes - or is that space headings). Let us know when you get here Brian and we'll show you the secret handshake! Hey - you can be our NASA spy...er I mean contact...

Quick Reply: Texas Greaseslingers West Club House - SOLD!