Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member! Carbon Fiber One (CF1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:43 PM
carbonfiberone
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again for all of your input.

we are having a turbo wing shipped to us in about a week and we'll be making arrangements to have the bridge wing shipped around the same time so we can work on both for you guys. and per your request, we won't change any of the original design and keep it true to form.

CF1 should give us a ballpark figure for the different products they are considering making and see what our reactions are before continuing. VZ charges apprx. $450 for the adjustable 968 spoiler, apprx. $380 for the non-adjustable and apprx. $350 for the standard bridge-spoiler. These are fiberglass.
our prices would be competitive to VZ's on the fiberglass versions and anywhere from $100-$300 more for the carbon fiber versions depeding on the complexity of the parts. as many of you know, carbon fiber can't be fixed the way fiberglass can so if a part comes out bad, it's a total loss, unless we were to sell it as a "factory 2nd" to those of you wanting to paint it and still shave a few pounds vs. the fiberglass versions.

DAmian, thank you for offering to help out with this. we'll definitely be in touch with you.

Eyal, my mistake. it looks like we're all set with the turbo 944 now.

Don, we still need an NA 944 so i'll be in touch with you.

schnellfahrer, both CF and FG can be prepped and painted.

lastly, can you guys help me understand some part names?

chin spoiler = front bumper lip spoiler?
what's the difference between the headlight panel & nosepanel?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's it coming with becoming a Rennlist sponsor?
Old 07-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by carbonfiberone

OK,

It is my daily driver, but I should have another not too far off...
Old 07-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by carbonfiberone
thanks again for all of your input.

we are having a turbo wing shipped to us in about a week and we'll be making arrangements to have the bridge wing shipped around the same time so we can work on both for you guys. and per your request, we won't change any of the original design and keep it true to form.

our prices would be competitive to VZ's on the fiberglass versions and anywhere from $100-$300 more for the carbon fiber versions depeding on the complexity of the parts. as many of you know, carbon fiber can't be fixed the way fiberglass can so if a part comes out bad, it's a total loss, unless we were to sell it as a "factory 2nd" to those of you wanting to paint it and still shave a few pounds vs. the fiberglass versions.

DAmian, thank you for offering to help out with this. we'll definitely be in touch with you.

Eyal, my mistake. it looks like we're all set with the turbo 944 now.

schnellfahrer, both CF and FG can be prepped and painted.

lastly, can you guys help me understand some part names?

chin spoiler = front bumper lip spoiler?
what's the difference between the headlight panel & nosepanel?
damian will know not only the VZ pricing for fiberglass but for CF as well since i ordered my 968 turbo Rs wing with a CF center but never ended up seeing it due to quality issues on VZ end.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:38 PM
carbonfiberone
Track Day

Originally posted by Geo
How's it coming with becoming a Rennlist sponsor?
once these parts are available to purchase, we will sign on as a sponsor.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 PM
carbonfiberone
Track Day

Update:

we received the adjustable spoiler and will have the bridge spoiler in the shop soon.
we will be starting this project next week!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Any thoughts on the small-bumpered lip spoiler?

<awaits answer impatiently>

BB.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:01 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any word on this? 968 mirrors? 968 turbo RS Wiper cover? 968 rear conversion?
Old 09-18-2004, 11:44 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Jacob, check your private messages.

Thks,
Sean
'90 944S2 Cabriolet
Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 AM
slowazzporsche
Racer

usually when going with CF or fibreglass you want to lighten the car, or bring down temperatures am i right? a CF hood with built in ducts like on the 968 up there would be a great seller, as would a turbo front lip, some fenders, and quarters. If you want to know what your competition is up to, Look at GT Racing, they make SEVERAL CF pieces and they are THE ppl to go to for aero parts
Old 09-19-2004, 11:43 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Have not read all 9 pages of replies....but I would be very interested in the rear conversion to 968 similar to Albert in europe....there are lots of front end updates on the market but this seems like the best "***-job" around!...I am sure if you come in a few hundred less than the cost of ALBERT + Shipping from EU you'd sell a ton!

Good luck!
Old 09-19-2004, 12:17 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Somebody (sorry if I forget who... it was 7 pages ago!) mentioned a rear-vented hood. I'd be interested in that over one with 924 style vents. If you could incorporate a swept vent on either side that would direct the air out by the side mirrors, I'd gather the money to buy the first one! I could sketch up a few priliminary design ideas for ya guys to clarify exactly what I'm refering to. I might get to that later today and PM you guys.

Keep up the good ol' R&D and welcome to Rennlist!
Old 09-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonfiberone
Hello! My name is Jacob Shin and I am the VP of sales at Carbon Fiber One (CF1). (Out of respect for the vendors of this great community I won't be posting any of our company's contact info until we have vendor status.) We have been in the composite industry for 20+ years and have capabilities ranging from wet lay-up to vacuum bagging and autoclaving. We have full access to CAD/CAM designers & OEM diagrams, CNC machined tooling, and our reputation in the industry has allowed us to get the lowest material cost in our region.

We currently manufacture a few items for the Porsche community and we are working to expand our product line.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!
What's your website? I did a google and couldn't find anything on you. Are you just starting this business? What other products are you making for the Porsche community?
Old 09-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Tb311
Racer

Well I actually stoped by their shop one time and Jacob showed me one of their cf hoods for a boxter and the quality was pretty good. The hood was made of cf with fiberglass reinforcements. They also make cf for other cars too like BMW and also some of the imports. I think I still have their number I guess I'll give them a call and see whats going on.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Rob
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carbonfiberone
1) we still do not have our hands on an adjustable wing, but once we find one, we were thinking about shaping it to "fade" into the stock rubber moulding that wraps up on both sides of the rear windshield. we were told that the rubber moulding is pretty tough to remove and getting a clean (used) rear windshield can cost $1,000+. so instead of making it a bigger investment all around, we can shape it so that it lines up w/ the existing rubber moulding so it's pretty much just plug-n-play. let me know your thoughts on this.
Do you mean making a rear Turbo RS style spoiler that retains the side pieces from the original 3 piece spoiler and having the new pieces blend into the original side pieces in the same way the original does? The new center piece would also have to have a lower piece to cover the glass frame interface like the RS peice does as shown in the following picture:

I actually kind of like this idea because it would keep the width of the original spoiler plus be easier to install and I would imagine help keep the costs down. I also like how the original spoiler sits a little farther back (over the rear bumper) than it seems the original Turbo RS spoiler appears to in the pictures I've seen, so I think a hybrid of the two would be perfect for me.

I would also be interested in either a complete hood or even just a Turbo RS hood scoop made for the standard hood like the one shown in the following picture:

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...id=26520&stc=1

Thanks,
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: new member! Carbon Fiber One (CF1)