Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a wave from a 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004 | 02:38 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

This thread is still ongoing?

Good lord. Lets clarify:

Lets get one thing clear. Usually when I speak, theres about 1/2 truth, 1/4 bull****, and 1/4 editorial license. Sometimes those fractions change, but in any given moment thats about where it lines up.

For the record, I have given the bird to a few Porsche drivers. These goofballs who insist on trying to talk to you or wave at you for 10 minutes so they get your attention and can get the "porsche vibe" going. Buddy, I see you. I saw your car when you pulled up. Your presence has cinged in my brain. Theres no need to carry on a hissy fit to get my attention so put a cork in it. Unfortunately I seem to run into these ppl a lot. And yep, I give them the bird. They are annoying. Im just not "into" Porsches like that. I like em. I drive em. But that doesnt mean we're going to go bowling together because you drive one too. For the record I give the bird to the teenybopper pukes in their Firebirds or what not who pull up to me and want to race too. If they want to act 12, I'll act 12, then let them go speed off and wrap themselves around a telephone pole while I chug past them at a leisurely 35mph.

The random dude who speeds past me with a wave, I usually say or do nothing to. He got his licks in. Im happy for him. I just ignore him b/c hes long driven past me anyway and even if I did wave back hes not going to see me. These people for the most part do not give me grief and I can put up with it.

For the record though, I hate people who wave at me. Just seems a little faggarific. I dont mean to offend by that and not that theres anything wrong with that -- and Im sure some of you are banging chicks I only wish I could get my hands on. Its just the only adjective that seems to convey my uncomfortableness about dudes waving at me. I usually like to spend the time in the car by myself with my own thoughts. The less attention the better. I dont even like taking a **** in a public john if that gives you any indication of my frame of reference. I dunno, its just, eww. Some of the people in there are eww. The cleanliness is eww. You dont know where ppl have put their hands. So thats eww too. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Id rather pee down my leg and use the excuse that Im drunk. Thats the kind of eww Im speaking of.

Anyway. There has to be far greater tragedies in life we can discuss on here besides this.

I eat enough humble pie as it is. Every time the SW Ohio folks get together, I dunno what the hell they are talking about. I look up and try to find Mickey Mouse in the clouds while they are yacking away at car jibberish. They signal for me when that talk is over so we can get down to brass tacks on 'real issues'.

So in the future if I say I want to shove a fire poker through my neighbor's window and set his house on fire, I probably mean the world would be a better place if beefchasms like him would turn his stereo down after 11pm and if he died of natural causes from a sudden fall in a bed of rose bushes, well, I might tar and feather him for ****s and grins before I made that call to 911.

And if thats so wrong, I dont want to be right?

So lets all take a speedball and relax. I motion for a writ of habeas corpus and an ultimate mistrial of these proceedings on the grounds of insufficient evidence and lack of Miranda.
Old 06-25-2004 | 02:48 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

I wont judge them but if I see someone in a Porsche, any Porsche, broken down on the road I'll stop before seeing if they wave at me...it's called being a decent person.
I even helped a RICER out at a gas station...guy didnt know a lug nut from a screwdriver. He blew a tire and had a baby in his car so i helped him put the spare on.

Anyways, you wrote too much UDpride, never will i read so much Lets just put this useless thread to a close...it has outlived its usefulness.
Old 06-25-2004 | 10:39 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Yeah i agree serge. I wasn't saying that he should be banned for teh sake of not belonging for the forum, but just so this argument would stop and he seemed to be attacking anyone who posted, and it bothered me that he would be rude like that. Obviously self respect is a better solution.
Old 06-25-2004 | 10:46 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

UDPride - Subject matter aside, your style of writing cracks me up!!!
Old 06-25-2004 | 10:51 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by UDPride
This thread is still ongoing?

Good lord. Lets clarify:

Lets get one thing clear. Usually when I speak, theres about 1/2 truth, 1/4 bull****, and 1/4 editorial license. Sometimes those fractions change, but in any given moment thats about where it lines up.

For the record, I have given the bird to a few Porsche drivers. These goofballs who insist on trying to talk to you or wave at you for 10 minutes so they get your attention and can get the "porsche vibe" going. Buddy, I see you. I saw your car when you pulled up. Your presence has cinged in my brain. Theres no need to carry on a hissy fit to get my attention so put a cork in it. Unfortunately I seem to run into these ppl a lot. And yep, I give them the bird. They are annoying. Im just not "into" Porsches like that. I like em. I drive em. But that doesnt mean we're going to go bowling together because you drive one too. For the record I give the bird to the teenybopper pukes in their Firebirds or what not who pull up to me and want to race too. If they want to act 12, I'll act 12, then let them go speed off and wrap themselves around a telephone pole while I chug past them at a leisurely 35mph.

The random dude who speeds past me with a wave, I usually say or do nothing to. He got his licks in. Im happy for him. I just ignore him b/c hes long driven past me anyway and even if I did wave back hes not going to see me. These people for the most part do not give me grief and I can put up with it.

For the record though, I hate people who wave at me. Just seems a little faggarific. I dont mean to offend by that and not that theres anything wrong with that -- and Im sure some of you are banging chicks I only wish I could get my hands on. Its just the only adjective that seems to convey my uncomfortableness about dudes waving at me. I usually like to spend the time in the car by myself with my own thoughts. The less attention the better. I dont even like taking a **** in a public john if that gives you any indication of my frame of reference. I dunno, its just, eww. Some of the people in there are eww. The cleanliness is eww. You dont know where ppl have put their hands. So thats eww too. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Id rather pee down my leg and use the excuse that Im drunk. Thats the kind of eww Im speaking of.

Anyway. There has to be far greater tragedies in life we can discuss on here besides this.

I eat enough humble pie as it is. Every time the SW Ohio folks get together, I dunno what the hell they are talking about. I look up and try to find Mickey Mouse in the clouds while they are yacking away at car jibberish. They signal for me when that talk is over so we can get down to brass tacks on 'real issues'.

So in the future if I say I want to shove a fire poker through my neighbor's window and set his house on fire, I probably mean the world would be a better place if beefchasms like him would turn his stereo down after 11pm and if he died of natural causes from a sudden fall in a bed of rose bushes, well, I might tar and feather him for ****s and grins before I made that call to 911.

And if thats so wrong, I dont want to be right?

So lets all take a speedball and relax. I motion for a writ of habeas corpus and an ultimate mistrial of these proceedings on the grounds of insufficient evidence and lack of Miranda.
Folks..Louis Black has left the building.......
Old 06-25-2004 | 11:39 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

UDPride I apologize...I thougt you were just a punk wiht an attitude but it's obvious that you just overanalyze everything...I should have taken time to read more of your posts and undertand my potential enemy better..but inseted a I just reacted....but really I was not trying to say theat " I " was the one to kick your butt but reather that when you give the finger..especially around here...you might even get shot....it has happend before and not just once or twice....but you are sure to get in a fight and some people are big....so be carefull and curteous and even if the guy is some snob just trying to impress you or some kid with a rusty 924..just make their day without over expanding yourself...after all you are looking at another Porsche ...I don't know how people in your area are though.......anyway I think our personalities are combustible but hey we both love Porsches and you do have a very nice 930....and anyway I had a bad day..I work a lot and other things ...but actually after reading your posts I do repect your intelligence........and seems you do have pride wich I do too..but I 've learned too much can be bad...carefull...but once again I apologize ..I am sure we didn't mean to start this but hey...this is aloso an oppinion poll abnd an issue wich I think is VERY important...I believe comaradery is dying out.......I was watching on speed TV and man was it nice back even as early as the late 80's now it;s like the ricers took over and theyr style wiht nice neon lights under the car..yes they have a nice engine... but it's a differeent culture and mind set in my oppinion, not as pure reacing as we are...I mean I am reading posts about people willing to take off interior and other comfy things to make their car lighter and more pure.....that I understand .....people on Rennlist I understand.....I am like that and now my daily driver is an Acura Legend with 275.000 on it so the engine will let go soon or so..at least teh auto trannny...so my 951 will be a dily driver...as ..soon as I Put on the Drag manifold...permanently mount the Aquamist system..and tune and fix some other problems it will be my daily driver...and I will go thru a wwight loss program..my goal is a daily driver you can take to the race track....I know I was talking to 2Tight about that.....he is from this area along with Serge944 and they seem to think the same...and there are few 944 here not reare but fewer than most..and even fewer 951's..so yes...we do wave and thubs up along with older 911 and 928 and 968 owners.....Keep the wave alive and let's get back to Porsche's
Old 06-25-2004 | 11:50 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Man I just realized I misspelled a crapload of word...I just got off work..I work graveyard and am beat.....I apologyze for those who care or can't read my words..LOL...ok time for a beer..or two,,

Quick Reply: Got a wave from a 911