Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a wave from a 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's really sad is people who get upset when complete strangers don't wave back at them. Get over it.

And Darius, what do you do to your posts to make them extend off the screen? Most of them are annoying enough already!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think a good reason to wave, especially to 944 owners, is that, most 944 owners went out of their way to get a 944, it wasn't liike they saw a boxster and picked it up because it looked nice. Most 944 owners didn't buy it new. So, it's fairly safe to say they either, A.) Spend a lot of hours working on it and caring for it, B.) pay a lot of money to have others fix it (still commendable because for that much money you could get a newer, more reliable car), or C.) Just simply have a lot of knowledge about Porsche's in general to know that the 944 is a worthy car to keep running after 20 years or so.

Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have a 944. If you had a 356 you wouldn't wave to another 356? I don't think it's a wave of saying hi, i respect you because of your car, nor do i think it is a wave of saying, hey i am friends with you because you have a Porsche. I think it is just a wave of saying, I recognize your work, and I know what you are going through, keep it up!

That's what's so special about owning a porsche, rather than a honda of the same track capabilities, is the community available, and the passion within.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tifosiman I was not trying to brag about my speaking 3 language..I was tyrying to say the english is my 3rd language...my first is Dacian..a mix of greek and Roman latin..secon is German..I grew up there as a teenager and finally moved here to US...so I may not allways be on point as far as spelling...it doesn't mean I am not educated....I am and will not say my degrees....or many areas of sudy...but I do appreciate your calm and tactfull response..you may diagree but at least you did not jump in...
Old 06-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

And for you little Pecker...if my post bother you shoudn't have to scroll becouse you should not read them if they annoy you.....funny how this was a one one discussion between me and UDIPPride but a few of you had to jump in ....

Originally posted by UDPride
you are the biggest nut here because it aint the size of your nuts that count, its whether you are salted or unsalted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to wipe the tears from my eyes on that one!

I've found the easiest way to deal with Darius is to put him on your ignore list. Two lines is all that shows up and you don't have to wade through his ****!

MichelleJD

Gee Michelle ..I know you like nut jokes..being your favourite thing ..but...if you read..it wasn't even funny..nor did it have any logic to it...you just had to throw your Bark in so you too can feel importand or somthing......funny if you ignore me you still seem to throw your worthless comments in.. you know **** about cars ..but you do like to chat and gossip...I guess it makes you feel important ..go hump a tree...or mark it ...whatever you k9's do

944Pete..I will try to shorten it...I appreciate the fact we did not escalate this..like I sayed before..this was between me and UDpride...if you read his comments carefull..unless he erased them or corrected them...he was very derogatory and insulting....many times I geve the thumbs up to a 996 owner only to see his nose go up and ahead....I didn't think twice and that was all..I NEVER sayed you had to waive back or anythin..I just sayed that if you flip me off when I give you a salute I will let you know my feeling about...BOTTOM LINE....here in Sacramento we do salute and wave and thumbs up and etc becouse we are like that and polite..we even pull off the road to talk about our cars...even the older 911 and 928 owners..it's awesome...
Tifosiman I was not aware of his unusual sense of humor but he came across to me as stuck up and offensive...fliping off when someone does a nice gesture?
anyway...I just stated what I think..if UDPride was somewhat joking..I don't get it..but be that as it may and dropped....

Last edited by Darius Juca; 06-23-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Hmm... i think darius is getting banned.. considering your not allowed to directly insult someone or something in the charter right? john?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

really?/ 'i happen to see many personal attacks on here....not just against me........will make a nice little list of them..to compare how bad mine really was....
Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Darius Juca
whole bunch 'o stuff
Easy now Francis, might wanna take a step or two backwards and think about all this slung you're slinging. You could either:

A) stop taking everything everyone says here literally (it's the 924/944/968 forum for cryin' out loud, we're all crazy)

B) all your big internet TOUGHNESS really goes a long way here on Rennlist. I'd think, based on the limited martial arts experiences I've had, that humility is one aspect of the mentality they are supposed to teach you. Or you could keep bragging about how you could kick a stranger's ***. Nice.

C) drink a beer? What do you do for fun? Quit posting crap and take a chill pill

D) And this is just a friendly suggestion, which goes out to everyone, not just you - there is a spell check. After hitting 'Post Reply', the 3rd button in the cluster below the Reply text box is where it's located.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
MAS
Racer

I wave... and most 911 and Carrera owners will too. In other words, guys who own 15 year old plus Porsches. Their cars may be somewhat more expensive than the typical 944, but not by a huge margin, like the new Boxters, etc.. The vast majority of older 911 owners are enthusiasts... unlike many of the late-model Porsche owners... many who may be leasing the cars, and are purely in it for the status.

-MAS
Old 06-24-2004, 03:42 PM
RobbyK
Pro

Location: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA

LoL , even a post about a wave could get heated here. I love you guys hahaha.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by RobbyK
LoL , even a post about a wave could get heated here. I love you guys hahaha.

Where the love?
<<<<<
Old 06-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

ok ok you all do have a point I did blow my top...but if you read up more you will see that I didn't exactly threaten him I just told him that one day he may flip off the wrong guy.....I mean a lot of people have road rage or just had a bad day at work and you never know......by the way UDPride talks he doesn't seem to be a wimp and I am sure he can hold his own..the thing is when two people like us meet in a bad way it can turn out ugly..so why not just try to be friendly..I deal with a lot of crap in my life and work and I didn't exactly grow up peacefully........so I have to try to be nice..it's easyer for me to snap than to be patient.....but I try .....and I believe so should everyone....and especially since we are here for a common reason why would you flip off someone who waves at you..I am a sports car enthusiast and appreciate a well made car..even if the owner doesn't...I woudl like to say that I have waved before to 996 owners only to get a snobby look...I don't get angry..I just realize he doesn't get it...so I just leave him in the dust......

KURT...I will take advice A
A) stop taking everything everyone says here literally (it's the 924/944/968 forum for cryin' out loud, we're all crazy) by kurt
regarding B
B) all your big internet TOUGHNESS really goes a long way here on Rennlist. I'd think, based on the limited martial arts experiences I've had, that humility is one aspect of the mentality they are supposed to teach you. Or you could keep bragging about how you could kick a stranger's ***. Nice.
I didn't feel I was bragging ..but may seem that way....and the martial arts I took are not self defence or disciplinarey arts..Martial ars these days are very commercialized and are not street/combat effective..they are more like a sport for fitness...to explain the diffence it's like Matial arts tounvaments..with points,padding,etc..VS K1 wich is a full contact with few rules...UFC and Pride events with even less rules and then there'sother competitions wich are very dangerous.......why am I explaing this....the arts and styles I took didn't teach humbleness and humility..they emphasized on the quickest way to get things done......but you know what...I shoud not even have brougtht up anything about that....I had a better day today and looking back I would like to make peace with you guys ...thank you for advice D kurt
Yeldsign2..thank you for the happy song..
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

haha thank campeck too. someone commented on it finally. hehe.

Thanks for clearing up the rough waters on this topic.. theres too much fighting on here lately.

BTW, i saw a 911 SC on the highway today. As he came up to me, i said to myself, "i'm not going to wave until he does" just to see if he would. He came up on my right side, looked through both our open windows toward me and looked back foward and continued by...

oh wells.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...you like the song?!?!

so do I!!
happy rennlisting!!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

God damn, every ****ing week, so much hostility on this board.

If you were serious about what you wrote, then by all means, you ARE an ******* UDPride. I dont know you well, so you may be joking. If so, then i guess we just need to learn how to distinguish it a bit better...

Regardless, i see a lot of BS posts... All they show is that you have no real arguement, so you attack people instead.
Darius, at least learn how to spell 'wave'.
Get a grip, and a sense of humor.

BTW, to 'waive' is to dismiss.
I mean really, doesn't matter? This **** battle has to end...

Hmm... i think darius is getting banned.. considering your not allowed to directly insult someone or something in the charter right? john?
So what? Self respect is a LOT more important that belonging to a web forum.

Also, i see the majority of rennlisters taking UDpride's side as hes a more "eminent" member of the board. I think Darius has some valid remarks and has every right to say it.

Finally, if youre going to post something, make sure its relevant.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:22 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

What the F%$ks wrong with this list lately? The most innoculous subject turns into WWIII. Why is it on a car forum the personality of the owner has to be the subject rather than the car? These threads start out funny and end with nothing but vile remarks questioning one's manhood or lack there of. We all have opinions, that's a given, but we don't need to challenge and insult everything contrary to our given scope of what's right or wrong. It's crap like this that sends sensible people packing that have something to really contribute. Rennlist is a sanctuary for me where many of us come to share advise and suggestions. If I wave and get no reply, so what, doesn't make a difference...I wont judge them but if I see someone in a Porsche, any Porsche, broken down on the road I'll stop before seeing if they wave at me...it's called being a decent person.

Quick Reply: Got a wave from a 911