Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a wave from a 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:19 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Fingers dont bother me. Id drink to that.

Cool pooch. Looks like Apollo and Zeus from Magnum PI!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think ineed to jump in here and say, you should wave, because..
<<<<<
Old 06-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny thing military personel wether active or not, veterans and etc salute each other..it's sort of a respect thing wich you UDPride don't seem to have...I don't waive ..but I do make a gesture of acknowledgemt and in that I am saying that he has good taste in cars..as I do....
UDPride..I hope we never meet..becouse I guarantee you would NOT give me the finger.well maybe one time....I mean I am nice and love to be friendly but some ******* like you flips me off for a nice gesture.....at 220 lbs standing 6''4 with muay thai/grappling experince for over 16 years someone with a similar background only not as nice as me would Mop The Floors with you..and you don't know who out there would do that to you??...keep your nose low and stop acting like a jack ***..youre not that cool...

Last edited by Darius Juca; 06-25-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:52 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Darius. Go fly a kite. I can speak for everyone here by saying nobody gives a sheite about your jujitsu, and even fewer give a sheite about your freakin silverstone spark plugs. Heres my comment on your siggy: you forgot the Porsche Design light pen you keep in the glove box.

I dont consider a wave about respect. I dont expect one ounce of respect because of the car I drive. Thats my whole point. If a jagoff in a Mustang GT wants to egg me on and act like a prepubescent tool by disrespecting my ride, I couldnt honestly give a ****. And I really care not to have total strangers waving at me like we're part of some secret society. Just because I drive a Porsche (or two) doesnt mean I like people or want to hang out with people simply because they drive a Porsche too. Its takes a hell of a lot more than the car you drive to impress me -- and driving a Porsche DOES NOT impress me. The CAR may impress me, but there may be a real a-hole behind the wheel and I not about to blindly show my allegiance to him totally and without prejudice because of the freakin car he or she drives. The fact that the wavers expect that from me is, in my opinion, disrespectful, shallow, and in some way perpetuates this mantra that materialism or fancy labels shall be a judge of the man. Last thing Im going to do is wave to the stockbroker a-hole in his Boxster who never spends time with his kids and verbally abuses his wife every day. Id rather wave to the single mom in the Merc Topaz who left her drunk husband and is working three jobs just to send her kids to pvt school. If you cannot understand this, then get past it and move on with life.

Go threaten someone else and work on your fung shwei and the rest of us wet-noodled non Zen Masters will tend to our shopping sprees at Pottery Barn. If you think bragging about your nut sack is going to get you any mileage on the Renny, then indeed you are the biggest nut here because it aint the size of your nuts that count, its whether you are salted or unsalted.

OK I made that last line up. That didnt make any sense, I wanted to try it out though for some material Im working on in a future pilot to be named at a later date. The point is, uhhh, I have bodyguards on here. To get to me you have to go through somebody else or something. I think its kind of naughty to make physical threats too. Thats a bad boy. Veddy veddy bad.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

so... are you joking, or serious... I can;t tell...

I gave up waving... I even get weird looks from other 944's!
~Eyal
Old 06-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

UDPride....I will see you at some events out there..and I am not trying to impress you ....you ignorant *****..just wanna let you know that your crap will not fly with some people and I gave you an example...just make your nose level go down a bit..
I am not trying to score any points on rennlist..and if my sig displeases you go suck on a tree .... dipstick..most people on here do waive so when you act like we are all dumbasses for our comaradery you are insulting us..well I cannot speak for the rest of you but you **** me off..I am not threatening you..I am just letting you know what WOULD happen..and believe me ..pal...this is a small small world...watch your words from now on and maybe we will never chat in person..
You are a rich spoiled stuck up.better than everyone..If I wanted to brag I have more to brag than you ever will....
AND WHAT THE HELL are you talking about....

by UDPride
Last thing Im going to do is wave to the stockbroker a-hole in his Boxster who never spends time with his kids and verbally abuses his wife every day. Id rather wave to the single mom in the Merc Topaz who left her drunk husband and is working three jobs just to send her kids to pvt school
GET A GRIP!! ...we here are all comarades...part of a club we share a passion...I don't care what you do outside..and we don't know who we all really are..but I am not here to make personal best frinds..I am here to exchange informatiom about a passion we all seem to share.....do you even work on your own car??..hey and you know what..maye we will find good frinds here..some did...but my point is who the fu*( are you to judge or decide anything? leave people and their problems be

by UDPride
you drive to impress me -- and driving a Porsche DOES NOT impress me. The CAR may impress me, but there may be a real a-hole behind the wheel and I not about to blindly show my allegiance to him totally and without prejudice because of the freakin car he or she drives. The fact that the wavers expect that from me is, in my opinion, disrespectful, shallow, and in some way perpetuates this mantra that materialism or fancy labels shall be a judge of the man

----------------------------------
ARE YOU making a pityfull attempt at some of your home made eastern philosophy...man how old are you? and if you really read those books do you even understand what they are saying???? just quit it man...you are looking more and more like a jackass...and no one expects you to waive back..hell don't even look at the guy waving..but DON"T flip him off..he meant a nice gesture you dumb POS

by UDPride
Just because I drive a Porsche (or two) doesnt mean I like people or want to hang out with people simply because they drive a Porsche too.
___________________________-
wow..you are really humble..and kind..looks like you are applying what you learned...but hey ..you got 2 porsches!!!congrats...

byUDPride
Its takes a hell of a lot more than the car you drive to impress me -- and driving a Porsche DOES NOT impress me. The CAR may impress me, but there may be a real a-hole behind the wheel and I not about to blindly show my allegiance to him totally and without prejudice because of the freakin car he or she drives. The fact that the wavers expect that from me is, in my opinion, disrespectful, shallow, and in some way perpetuates this mantra that materialism or fancy labels shall be a ..
___________________----
Whatever man..I mean you are missing the point..I have people with 914's and 924's waive and I waive back..now a 924 is not impressive..wich again shows the point of comaradery...not allegiance...and...the what the FU(^ are you doing on Rennlist? we are not pledging any allegiance to any club..if anythin to a car..Porsche..hence the salute....you are all over the place..stop trying to be cool and think more..no one here is trying to impress anyone..just a place to showcase your car talk about mods and ..for some of us..test new ideas....now I don't want to continue this argument..we can take this offline thru pm's
Ps..I love that here all 944 owners salute..hight end porche poeple don't allways waive especially with their NARP attitude..wich only brought the watercooled brotherhood closer..and I love how the 951 showed them!!
Keep the comaradery alive!!!!! aknowledge and salute

Last edited by Darius Juca; 06-25-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:00 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Darius, if you knew UD you'd realize that there is a good mixture of truth and comedy/BS in his postings. His comment about giving the finger was more than likely sticking with his style of dry wit. That's all.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Darius, at least learn how to spell 'wave'.
Get a grip, and a sense of humor.

BTW, to 'waive' is to dismiss.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Sorry Pete I guess youre right.. BTW I speak 3 languages..English is my 3'rd..how many do you speak? is that all ....
Old 06-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

I don't care if you anyone waves or not.....around here they do....I have had guys in 993 tt give me thumbs up....and all 944 drivers give you the thum up and funny thing is earlier 911 drivers do too.....It's kind of cool.....I mean these cars are really not well known
People think it's an RX7..within the 951 I only met 1 guy around here..but we are not as bad as other cars or the Jeepsters...but when I am driving my friends 70's toyota Landcruiser and some young ..just got a new 4 cylinder jeep... gives me the nod or waive I don't flip them off...no one should ...that's my point....Respect or at least ignore..........About the spelling......is it that important?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:12 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was on 78west driving home from work yesterday. Bumper to bumper traffic for 20 minutes (accident up ahead). I'm rolling in first gear in the left lane, and a white 996 cab pulls right next to me. Two Porsches, same color...so I wave to the guy. What does he do? Gives me a "drop dead" frown, and rolls up his window!

THAT's who you give the finger to UD!!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Darius Juca
About the spelling......is it that important?
No, not really. Neither is the fact that you speak 3 languages.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I suppose it's not important. For me, when I read something that is misspelled or has poor grammar it gives me the impression that the writer is careless or uneducated and I tend to give less creedence to what is written. But that's just me.

On a side note, is there any way that your sig could be condensed enough that we don't have to scroll side to side to read your posts?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by UDPride
you are the biggest nut here because it aint the size of your nuts that count, its whether you are salted or unsalted.
Had to wipe the tears from my eyes on that one!

I've found the easiest way to deal with Darius is to put him on your ignore list. Two lines is all that shows up and you don't have to wade through his ****!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I was making a slow turn from a stop sign today and saw a gentlemen driving a Boxster heading in my direction. I waved and he did the same. Not a big deal, but cool nonetheless in my book.

I waved because I wanted to do so.

Each individual is entitled to their own opinion.

Happy motoring to those that wave and those that don't.

Quick Reply: Got a wave from a 911