Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Rail & Line Rebuild Complete w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:12 PM
fezz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how's this little baby!
get yours at an Autozone today.

there is enough room to make the cut. tubing will bend with light pressure - you dont have to move it too much. i made my cuts 2"-3" above the top clamp. i cut one with a 3/4" offset above the other so the fitting would nest side by side. i never took a picture from inside the wheel.

I gotta tell you guys reading this post - the fuel delivery overhaul including new injectors made a hell of a difference - and i thought the car ran good before. i was just crusing for about an hour, to me it feels like a new car - amazingly smooth

also, whatever i did with the vacuum lines sprung the MPG gauge to life.
(wish it was a boost gauge )
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a tube cutter that looks similar, if not even smaller. Got it at Sears for $5.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to bump for a question, I'm resealing my injectors, and after prying a good amount on that yellow plate, i decided i'd jump on here since i was nearing breaking zone, you know, where you decide im going to give it X amount of force, either this damn thing is comming off, or I'll need a new one, and considering my money in the bank is all for a daily driver right now, i cannot afford new injectors, especially since I'd have to upgrade, since I'm at that point anyway. Sooo, the point is, on an 87 turbo, thats still the "early injector that the plate wont come off, think ive damaged it by prying on it with a flat head?
~Eyal
Old 10-26-2004, 09:27 AM
fezz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my problem was prying on those old hats - some came off and i broke one injector tip - i ended up buying 4 new injectors. i never had a problem removing the yellow plate.

Be careful with the new seal/hat kits - they are not all the same. I ordered from pelican and porsche directly - the hats came in two different heights and the injector nozzel did not sit the same in the hat opening.

if the plate your talking about is the hat and you have pried on it and deformed it - my concern would be it falling off. if it appears to be firmly seated on the tip - you might chance it. i dont think the hat contributes anything to sealing the injector in the intake.

i didnt do this with mine - but you might try softening the plastic a little with a lighter to remove the old hat and put a new seal kit/hat on that injector. Whatever you do - dont bust the injector tip.

I think the kits from Rennbay with the blue hats are your best bet.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Adam H
Pro

Anybody know the difference between the fuel lines that Pauer and Rennbay sell?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pauer lines are done with compression fittings. I have had both, on a tight budget the stuff Travis sells will work fine.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

i bought the reseal kits from paragon, so you think i should continue to prey on it or not? also, how would you guys go about cleaning the injectors? should i soak them in chemicals? you think if i soaked em in a tub of brake clean, that would be too strong?
~Eyal
Old 10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Eyal-

I was told to hook up a tube to the top of the injector full of carb cleaner, presurize the tube, then apply some voltage to open the solenoid to shoot the carb cleaner through.

EDIT:
Here's the message I got:

Ben,
Have xxxxx take a 9v battery and test the injector, it should click when power is applied. As long as the solenoid fires it should be ok, I would recomend that you clean all the injectors before installing them. Take some carb cleaner, air compressor, and a 9v battery. Find a few feet of rubber hose and a couple of hose clamps, hook one end to your injector, fill the hose with carb cleaner, attach the other end to your compressor, apply 5psi or so (doesn't take much) and hit the injector with your 9v battery on and off in pulses untill all carb cleaner is purged thru it. Repeat with all injectors.
It's real easy to do and you can visualy see if one of them has a spray pattern problem.

So have xxxxx check the injector with a 9v and let me know if you still need one.
xxxxx

Last edited by Ben Z.; 10-26-2004 at 05:30 PM. Reason: adding more info

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail & Line Rebuild Complete w/ Pics