Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK Part Suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
mossy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UK Part Suppliers

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to find a good list of Porsche spares suppliers in the UK, specifically to get wheel bearings, shock absorbers, front suspension bushes, etc. (I'm rebuilding the front end to get the handling back to how it should be).
Any suppliers numbers would be greatly apprecited, at the moment I tend to go with Euro Car Parts, but they seem to be getting more and more expensive. Even the breakers yards seem to be referencing the Porsche OE prices, and charging accordingly (not that I would consider using second hand parts for steering or suspension) and I'm getting a bit sick of it.
I love my Porsche, but there is no way that the shocks (as an example) are worth 8 times the purchase cost of Volkwagen Golf shocks. A-Arms, I can understand (alloy as apposed to steel has got to add cost), but some parts seem to generate their 'value' from the crest on the bonnet.
I am NOT cheap. Since purchasing my Porsche I have replace the gearbox, clutch, engine (due to cam tensioner failure), plus all the regular service parts. I just hate spending over the odds for what is basically a VW part.
Thanks in advance for any tips, and sorry for the rant.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:02 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Mossy,

You may want to go to the Rennlist 964 Forum and do a quick search for suppliers there? I'm guessing that many - if not most - of the active folks in that Forum are International, with many from the UK. Many vendors, local to you - have been discussed in the past (the good and the "not so good" )...

Hope this helps!

John
Old 05-19-2004, 06:29 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

mossy - If you have the time to look at this thread and give this phone number a call I would greatly appreciate it. A parts supplier in the UK ripped me off and I was able to track down his phone number. However, I have had trouble getting ahold of someone, and international calls are not cheap. I am just wondering if you could attempt to make contact with him.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=133447

phone number: 07880572350

Thanks ahead of time if you get the chance to do this!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:45 PM
mossy
Instructor

Thanks John,
Gonna check now........ The good (and not so good) is what's important, reagrdless of cost. I used to use Porsche dealers to do all my maintenance and servicing....... Just because it's expensive doesn't make it good.

Badass951, send me the company name and location and I'll see if I can get a landline number for you (the one you posted is a cellphone), can't really flame them on your behalf, but I may be able to get you an email address so that you can contact them yourself to sort out your problems.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:49 PM
mossy
Instructor

Badass951, just read the post. I'll see if I can get his postal address for you.....
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by mossy
Badass951, just read the post. I'll see if I can get his postal address for you.....
Thank you sooooooo much! That is exactly what I am looking for. Have any numbers for local authorities that I could call?

Chris
Old 05-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Simkid 944
Track Day

Thumbs up

Hi Mossy,

Have you tried Bert Gear at Berlyn Services?

He's at www.partsforporsche.co.uk

The website isn't the best, but I have used him for mail order parts in the past and have nothing but praise for the quality of service at very reasonable prices. He's also very helpfull with technical info over the phone if needed.

Definately worth a look.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:31 AM
mossy
Instructor

Thanks Simkid, I'll give them a go.

Chris you have PM........

Quick Reply: UK Part Suppliers