Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easily pulled fuse to prevent theft

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:11 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally posted by Joe Jackson
if they really want your car they'll just tow it away and there isn't much you can do about that.
Steel cable wrapped throught he frame going to some type of concrete structure. Might destroy the car, sure beats getting it stolen and you might catch them this way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you get a parts car to ***** out on Rennlist!!
Old 04-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cable shears?

Originally posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Steel cable wrapped throught he frame going to some type of concrete structure. Might destroy the car, sure beats getting it stolen and you might catch them this way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you get a parts car to ***** out on Rennlist!!
Old 04-23-2004, 12:33 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Ag951
Isn't that under the hood? I'd rather remove something in the car.
I'll be there. I was going to go to the PCA DE last week, but I printed out my form on Friday and saw the part about needing a third party tech inspection, which I couldn't possibly get in time.

I suppose a battery kill switch is my next mod. Are there decent kits out there? If not, anybody have any good suggestions for how to build one? (Gauge of wire, type of switch, etc.)
It would also keep me from having to worry about the battery drain I can't find. (I just disconnect the (-) terminal now).
Yep... Relays are under the hood. You can wire in swtich that comes in in the car. There two smaller wires at the battery wire these to a seperate switch and it should imoblize the car. I know my kill switch wiring use the the main power and this DME power wire.

The PCA was pretty fun. I like that track. It is not good as AMP, but still fun for DE. I will be at the autocross in sliver blue 83. See you there!

Quick Reply: Easily pulled fuse to prevent theft