Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

951, Here I Come!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking 951, Here I Come!

I got a second job today. I'm determined to have a 951 by the fall. I'll be workin the day as a Barista (coffee guy) and by night, VALET MAN! so, with 2 incomes, one at $9.00 an hour, and the other at somewhere around $8.00 an hour and both with tips (one better than the other) I should either have the money to pay my parents back for the scholarship that's balancing on the fence right now, OR a shiney new 951! I'm excited.

Here is a pic of my DREAM 951. test drove this one. had all records, tan interiour, NO DASH CRACKS, freshly rebuilt engine (timing belt issue) and 106,000 chassis miles, with about 1,000 engine miles. OMG, if I had the $10,000.00 he was asking for it, I'da bought it in a heartbeat. it was gorgeous.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:46 AM
SeattleS2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a beautiful car!

Why don't you sell your 944, use the money as down payment, and the secure financing for the balance. So, you'd probably be financing $5,000? Would be a cheap payment and really do well for you to build credit (at least that's what you can tell your parents).

But, the big question is WILL you be able to obtain financing, ESPECIALLY on a 1987 vintage car. Rate will be high at best. But, it's probably doable if you put about 1/2 down.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:01 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Hey Porschephile... keep at it man!

My goal from now on is to keep up with the maintenance/repair/mods I will be doing in the future... I won't be paying off the car for another couple years. Hey! I have an idea... has anyone looked into using student loans? They have wonderful rates!

Now if I can only keep myself from buying a beater NA or 928 to work on and getting disowned...
Old 04-22-2004, 05:30 AM
SeattleS2
Advanced

I think one german rennwagon is enough!

For a beater, get something like mine... aka "Ski Bitch"...
1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 (5 speed).

It now has 202K miles on it (of course, it also has a bad head gasket too), but it has been trouble free and very low maintenance costs (until now). Murican is the way to go for a beater!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:55 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by SeattleS2
I think one german rennwagon is enough!

For a beater, get something like mine... aka "Ski Bitch"...
1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 (5 speed).

It now has 202K miles on it (of course, it also has a bad head gasket too), but it has been trouble free and very low maintenance costs (until now). Murican is the way to go for a beater!
My bud's whole family drives Jeeps... swears by them. For a beater right now, I'm driving the S-1o... probably will be given the pos Accord again when the 'rent's get sick of it though. I'm looking for a project car to waste my weekends on and keep me out of trouble. My hopes are this: Neither of my parent's have seen Lorelei yet... though both are coming down to visit my grandmother, and then caravan back home with me. Well I'm picking up my dad from the airport so I plan on showing him full boost in 2nd gear on the way over (taking the "scenic" route) to my grandmothers. I know he'll grin like a kid in a candy store... but I'm HOPING to get him wanting a 944 or another Porsche! IF I can do that, finding a *decent* condition one for a good price isn't a problem. I'd be more than happy to do some body work and tuneup work on my spare time to get it in prime condition for him!

...I was using a very loose definition of "beater" there, sorry I'm not planning on having a Porsche daily driver until I have a true backup beater as well and can afford all three! I'm predicting ~5 years on that at least, so no worries on that front... though I still spend time looking on eBay. Whoops!!

Sorry for the hijack!!! Back to plans on getting you a 951 'phile. Hey by the way, I have your AIM sn's on my buddy list, what's your name? My new sn is boostin1BAR951 inspired by my new plates (I'll post pics this weekend when they arrive)
Old 04-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I was plannin on usin the 951 as a weekend warrior, and the 924S as a daily driver for that 25 mile treck to work each direction, and that 30 mile treck to home each direction...

I've got a set of snows and a ski rack for the 924S so I've got my winter "beater" even though it is anything but...

and as for that beautiful example posted above, it sold a while ago. I couldn't get financing at the time, but I was itchin so bad. that's my standard for what I wanna buy.

Thanks for the support all. you guys rule!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:39 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm so close to getting one...

All it comes down to now is selling my RX-7, and finding the right 951 with a nice amount of records to back it up. Than I order my vitesse stage 3 kit and spin those tires all day long.

Quick Reply: 951, Here I Come!