Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hershey - Rennlist Update.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 05:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Hershey - Rennlist Update.....

First – my thanks to all of you for the wonderful turn out expected for the Hershey Swap meet – and HUGE THANKS to all the folks of Central PA Region for making this year a tremendous success!! Many of you who have pre-registered for either Rennlist Name Badges or the Rennlist Banquet have already been notified - and I will continue to update those folks privately.

(****PLEASE NOTE! **** The Rennlist Banquet is currently SOLD OUT, however, given the travel changes of some guests, feel free to add your name to the waiting list. If you pre-registered for the Banquet, you will receive a private e-mail from me shortly. If you have pre-registered and are unable to attend - please let me know ASAP so others can take your place! We are trying to keep the Banquet to 80 or so folks due to space limitations of the facility)

OK – here are some finer details.....

Caravans - Please see this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=121182

Rennlist Name Badges: If you signed up for a “Rennlist Name Badge” – these will be available Friday evening (at the Appalachian Brewing Company (see below)) or during the Swap meet itself. I will be posting the locations at the Swapmeet – BUT, if all else fails – please look for a location at the Registration booth for “RENNLIST”. We will meet you there! If you forgot to place your order for a Rennlist Name tag – please do so here (they are free, but will only be given out to those who are attending the Hershey Swap meet): https://rennlist.com/hershey/badge.htm I will take that form off-line Thursday,

Friday evening: We will be having a casual get together at the Appalachian Brewing Company (http://www.abcbrew.com/index2.html (Thank you Steve Fox!!) It's about a mile from the Wyndham, which many Rennlisters are staying. We are attempting to schedule a shuttle from the Wyndham to the Appalachian Brewing Company for your convenience.

Banquet on Saturday Evening: The Rennlist Banquet is currently sold out! However, if you would like to be added to the waiting list, please submit your name : https://rennlist.com/hershey We currently have both a reception and a dinner planned for the nominal fee of $25 per person. Cash and checks will be accepted at the door. And, there *could be* some terrific Door Prizes given away from some of the Rennlist Sponsors....

Sunday.... DO NOT forget the Auto-X on Sunday!!!! Rumor has it any Rennlister who enters is assured to.. Hmm.. OK - assured to have a blast!!!!

See you there.

John

Old 04-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What time do people expect to be at the Appalachian Brewing Company until? I'm leaving Pittsburgh as soon as I'm done with my last exam (), so I don't really know when I'll get to Hershey, but maybe I'll come straight to the Brewing Co.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:57 PM
John D.
Banned

I'll be there - I think - about 7 or 7:30....??

When you get there - just ask for Rennlist, OK???

See you there - I'm looking forward to meeting about 400+ Rennlisters during the weekend..!!!??!!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

John, I look forward to seeing you again. It's been almost two years since VIR that year!

I'm glad I'm able to go. Need to find a caravan I can tag along in with my rental Dodge Stratus.

-Matt
Old 04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
John D.
Banned

Just a quick note... I'm getting a LOT of requests for Rennlist Name Badges for Hershey - and I think I'm now up to about 500 or so? Anyway - I'm trying to get these finished by tomorrow evening - so if you haven't requested yours yet - please do so as soon as possible (you must be going to Hershey to pick it up . Here is that link:

https://rennlist.com/hershey/badge.htm

Also - many have asked what they look like? They are about business card size, printed in full color, laminated with a "clip on" - and with the lamination, about the size of - well - a "name badge" Here is what they look like right now (subject to change on a whim ;^) so you can recognize one if you are there:

(BTW: I was going to try to do a "model specific" version, but honestly - there are too many requests to do it right!) Also - if you are on the "waiting list" for the Rennlist Hershey Banquet, I'll be contacting you privately this evening...

And - my THANKS to the Rennlist Sponsors who have donated Gift Certificates and items as door prizes!!!! You will get an "extra plug" at the Banquet!!!

My thanks to all - and see you there..!

John
Old 04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

See ya there John!
Old 04-21-2004, 02:00 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look forward to finally meeting the all knowing and all powerful John D. Then i'll know for sure he is a real person...

Look for the 6'7'' guy hanging out around the 968's on friday that'll be me!
-Erich
Old 04-21-2004, 10:57 PM
John D.
Banned

Hey Guys..!!

Sorry for the delayed reply......

But - it should be a great time - AND CHECK THE WEATHER FOR SATURDAY!!! Yooo hoooo!!!!

I hope you folks filled out the form for name tags as well - I have a tough enough time remembering my own name, much less a few hundred plus Rennlisters who won't be using their "screen name"

Have a safe trip - and I'll see you there!!!

Best to all...!

Quick Reply: Hershey - Rennlist Update.....