Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Oil

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 04:12 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally posted by Bones944
I make more in 20 minutes than it would cost for an oil change too.......but not on weekends

Also, it seems like any moron could change the oil, but we know that morons at Jiffy Lube or wherever or more moronic than most....additionally, last time I took one of my cars to the local oil change/ car wash place to get a simple state inspection (only), the moron that inspected it decided to see if the cool Porsche could do a burnout as he drove around the back of the building, and everything that was loose in the car was shifted to the faaar right side. I'll do as much work on my cars as is within my grasp to do; leave the morons to abuse their own cars.
i second that. especially when you give very simple explicit instructions on what weight, type and brand. once saw a guy put in pennsoil when i specifically said castroil (In a daily driver when i didnt have time to do it myself). not only that, but he was putting in 5w30 when i specifically stated 20w 50. i didnt see this until the guy was about done. when i walked around from the corner of the shop to the bay to see if they were done, i saw the empy bottles on the ground next to the car, and the guy with a bottle of pennsoil pouring it in my car.. wasnt an *** about it, but wouldnt leave until they drained it all again and put what i asked for in it.

now i do **** myself. you know what they say.. if you want it done right do it yourself.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:46 AM
thf944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just something to think about. not affiliated in any way, just thought this might be interesting.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../oil-life.html

i use mobil 1 15-50 most of the time.

Quick Reply: Buying Oil