Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Vendor Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Vendor Experience

Well I won't post their name because I don't want to start anything but if you want to know PM me. I started out Friday when I ordered a part from a vendor that cost around $190 including shipping. Over the weekend one of my G/F's bought me some parts in Atl. from a list she had seen on my desk and one of those parts was the one I ordered. Monday I opened the box my G/F brought and started to install it. Come wednesday the part I ordered arrived but I didn't open it because it had to be returned. I called the vendor today about returning the part and I apologized profusely. I also told him any type of return fee was expected so that wasn't a problem(it was15%).

The vendor then became very condescending asking why I(I didn't) would buy a part that was already on the way from his store. I asked him about a few parts that I may be able to exchange instead getting a refund and his response was "why don't I let my G/F buy them or just buy them from someone else" then he hung up. Did I do something wrong? He's gettting the part back in the same condition plus 15% of the cost, so he's not losing anything except my business but aperrantly he didn't want anyway.

Like I said I was very polite and apologetic so I don't think I deserve denial of my business. Oh well, his loss not mine(except the 15%).
Old 03-25-2004, 04:56 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I see his point about you buying another while he just sent one out, but his entire reponse was seriously out of line. Can you PM me the tuner? Or just post it, bad service experience is always good to hear about. He may just have been having a bad day though! Would still like to know...
Old 03-25-2004, 04:56 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Strange Vendor Experience

Originally posted by Dsalillas
Over the weekend one of my G/F's bought me some parts in Atl. from a list she had seen on my desk and one of those parts was the one I ordered. Monday I opened the box my G/F brought and started to install it.
Interesting - Hopefully not a list sponser! I'll PM you...

One question though - How did you get her to buy the parts for you?? That's amazing and post worthy in itself!

Erich
Old 03-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Its nearly 85 degrees here and this girl really wants to ride around in my cab. She more duckets than she knows what to do with. Divorce settlement got her an H2 and a G35 plus plenty of cabbage. She's good looking to boot, 29 yrs old and a former "exotic dancer" which she doesn't have to do any more. We have had an off and on relationship for over 9 years. I was the guy she always "cheated" with but never got caught. Well her hubby got caught so she made out like a fat rat. The main reason she wants to get this cab running is that she gave me half the money to buy it.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:12 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Nice job posting that on a public forum that she was cheating as well (I assume for 9 years)... hope the guy reads this or finds out and gets back what he "deserves"
Old 03-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Originally posted by NZ951
I see his point about you buying another while he just sent one out, but his entire reponse was seriously out of line. Can you PM me the tuner? Or just post it, bad service experience is always good to hear about. He may just have been having a bad day though! Would still like to know...
I myself wouldn't have bought the part from someone else but the situation presented itself to get my car running sooner than expected so I couldn't send her back to Atl. . I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier as I also thought maybe he was having a bad day . After thinking about it for awhile though, telling me to buy from somewhere else was just wrong.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

I got your PM and i am shocked! This vendor has very great reviews from most, i'll assume it was just a bad day for him. He has always been very helpful in my dealings with him.

Interesting story though...
Erich
Old 03-25-2004, 05:16 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree that the vendor acted wrongly. He wasn't going to lose money, because the 15% should have covered his re-stocking expenses. WTF does it matter to him why you need to return it? He should just take it back, and be even happier that you wanted to give him more business.

PM me the name of the business, and I'll avoid them. I'll PM you the name of a business that sent me a nasty PM with profanities in it today.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:17 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Tifo great avatar! I must have missed that thread...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Originally posted by NZ951
Nice job posting that on a public forum that she was cheating as well (I assume for 9 years)... hope the guy reads this or finds out and gets back what he "deserves"

Deny... Deny.... Deny....

Actually she never cheated with me while she was married(wasn't very long) but she did while she was with other "sugar daddies".
Old 03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Ok, need PM on the tuner! tifosiman, can you send me yours too? I am in the process of deciding who gets my business now... either SFR, Paragon or Guru. Likely a mixture, but I would like the info! Cheers guys.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:26 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally posted by Dsalillas
Deny... Deny.... Deny....

Actually she never cheated with me while she was married(wasn't very long) but she did while she was with other "sugar daddies".
So she must have been married for some time when she was under 20 for that to occur. Sounds like you should be weary of this catch!
Old 03-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Your Pm box is full.

She was only married for 2 yrs. Got divorced last year.

Tifo - Pm received. I say again WOW.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I got your PM, D. Get mine?

NZ, clean yours out.....
Old 03-25-2004, 05:31 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Why cant I ever find an exotic dancer. The only chicks that come on to me are the ones sitting in the waiting room at Jenny Craig.

Quick Reply: Strange Vendor Experience