Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Vendor Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by i am a TRAITOR
Screw this PMen shet. Post the name of the vendors. You too Tifo. If a vendor is going to be an a$$ like that, they deserved to be bashed. There is no excuse for that. What happened to customer service?
Tim, sometimes the parties are still negotiating a fair and equitable settlement. If It's not fair -0- I say expose em. I dont know about you but I absolutely hate being shafted. Let this run its course. I will say there should be truth in doing business, and the FIRST WORD of "customer service" is CUSTOMER. Some businesses should try to figure that one out.

I agree- the penguins are wicked...
Old 03-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dsalillas
The reason I haven't posted the name and have just sent out PM's is because I haven't gotten my money back yet.
Paid by credit card by any chance? If a reasonable amount of time has passed you might call credit card people and see what they say.

Crippler, that goes for you too!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you guys PM me too.

tifo--the avatar rocks
tim--so does the penguin
Old 03-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to let everyone know, parts venders dont want to make you happy. There #1 goal is not to sell porsche parts but to take every customer that calls and screw them over so bad they will never come back. Its a game you see. The Porsche parts vendors society (ppvs) puts up $100'000.00 each year to be given to the vendor that screws the most customers. Forums like this along with nasty email/letter/voicemail replys direct from the customers is how the winner is determined. Keeping names out of it on here is a good way to REALLY **** the venders off. That way they cannot get credit towards the big prize at the end of the year for this whole post.
This years drawing is 6 weeks away so only complain about the venders you really like.
Good luck to all the venders this year. Its going to be a photo finish.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Dave
Race Car

Photo finish my @$$, AMW has it locked up so tight that not even the FL supreme court could make it look like anyone else won.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Dave
Photo finish my @$$, AMW has it locked up so tight that not even the FL supreme court could make it look like anyone else won.
Dave-

This would be the funniest thing I have read on the forums if the truth behind it was not so horrible...

Best to you,
Old 03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

Ok I feel something must be said to ballance this lynch mob histeria. I don't doubt for a moment this so called vendor had a bad attitude. I might not even buy from him again if he hurts my feelings. But to hang him out to dry for a crime which pales in comparison to Huntley and AMW is getting a little ridiculous. Pretty much you guys are going to run out everyone catering to your special interest if they so much as burp at you the wrong way. As long as he delivers for the money I sent and the product is 100% whoever he is in the 'black". No thanks I don't want to know.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Travis - sflraver
Good luck to all the venders this year. Its going to be a photo finish.
Give it up Travis, you're too nice. I gave you every opportunity to cuss at me all you wanted, but you wouldn't do it.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Dave
Race Car

Originally posted by EZRider
Ok I feel something must be said to ballance this lynch mob histeria. I don't doubt for a moment this so called vendor had a bad attitude. I might not even buy from him again if he hurts my feelings. But to hang him out to dry for a crime which pales in comparison to Huntley and AMW is getting a little ridiculous. Pretty much you guys are going to run out everyone catering to your special interest if they so much as burp at you the wrong way. As long as he delivers for the money I sent and the product is 100% whoever he is in the 'black". No thanks I don't want to know.
I don't agree and this is exactly the reason that I want to see these things discussed in the open. Would it be better for the community to know that Rennlister X had a problem with Tuner/vendor Y but not know if it was a big problem or just a little thing. Give us the details and let us decide for ourselves weather we want to deal with this vendor or not.
There is little chance of us "running out" all the venders, while there are only a limited number of businesses to choose from, these businesses have a limited customer base from which to make their living, do it to our satisfaction or go away and make room for someone else.
And that's just it, if we do run a merchant out of business that demand for an item doesn't cease to exist, it goes to a different business, an existing business that makes it's customers happy or maybe a new upstart. For every dollar that is not spent at Huntley or Garrity of AMW, there's a dollar that find's it's way to SFR or Guru.
Making the 944 community aware of problems will get rid of the bad vendors, benefit the good ones and get the fence sitters off the fence. This thread started with a post about a bad experience, the vender is usually considered a good one, if he makes things right and there aren't more issues like this than he can keep the good reputation, otherwise he doesn't deserve a good reputation.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

vendors.

sorry.. it was bugging me.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by EZRider
Pretty much you guys are going to run out everyone catering to your special interest if they so much as burp at you the wrong way.
Buuuuurrrp!!!

But seriously, I agree. You guys need to lay off a little. Everyone has a bad day and thats just life. It takes a lot for vendors to cater to the 944 crowd. Every day there are less and less of our cars out there and they aint making any more. Everyone needs a pat on the back sometimes and not just a kick in the teeth when they have a bit of a bad morning.

If you want to bitch about a vender (not Porsche related), bitch about AT&T wireless. Simply the worst!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys, I would love to know as well. I'll take a PM as well......
Old 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to bitch about a vender (not Porsche related), bitch about AT&T wireless. Simply the worst!!!
Verizon is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse. I've had the pleasure of doing business with both, trust me.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Buuuuurrrp!!!
That was a nasty burp!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am feeling left out here with all the vendor things. I want to yell at someone about returning something. Quick someone buy something then try to return it so I can yell at you.

If it helps, you can call me an idiot for a while. I sent you eleventy-billion emails about this stupid rack rebuild, and you calmly gave me an answer a simpleton like me could understand. I know it was eating you up inside to ask me whether or not I knew where the power steering even went.

D -- PM the vendor too, I have a few purchases coming up that might sway my decisions

Tifo -- I did a search and know who you are talking about....didn't take long

Quick Reply: Strange Vendor Experience