Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is This Connector To the Original Stereo (early 944)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 07:00 PM
Duhvinci
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Chalt
... In '87-88 there was no internet. Yes, I had bought the actual factory manual set from Porsche. But as a young green shade tree mechanic, they were hard to interpret so I used multiple books on car repair to learn and fill in the blanks on concepts I hadn't yet grasped.

NOW. NOW, now, oh my God, ...... we are sooooooo blessed with youtube, Clarks-Garage, Rennlist, Pelican forums, and many other online resources to learn to fix these vintage cars. I would just like to say a huge thank you to all the Rennlisters out there who have helped me with my posts learning to diagnose and fix my 86 944. Also, the wealth of knowledge here is gold.

Bottom line, you younger cats on here have no idea how lucky you are to live in this era and have access to places like Rennlist.

Thank a Rennlister next chance you get.
You are absolutely right! Very different now days... My first Euro car I purchased was 1986, Audi Coupe GT in 1990. Sources for repairs were Chilton's manual and Bap-Geon auto parts for repairs (along with the dealership parts, getting to know the part's counter guy in hopes for the discount). And for the car audio, back of the auto magazines, ads for DIY VHS Tapes for "ABS Plastic Molding", "Custom Subwoofer Enclosure" and the best prices on top end car audio via special "By Invitation Only" through mom and pap shops.

Indeed, information shared via forums, personal web pages and youtube is very much appreciated, allowing the those of us who are willing - maintain and care for our vehicles in the way no dealership could ever do. Indeed, thanks to all for contribution!!!

Regards,
D
Old 03-30-2022, 01:57 PM
T. Jamison
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chalt
Bottom line, you younger cats on here have no idea how lucky you are to live in this era and have access to places like Rennlist.
As a younger cat (I can still call myself that for a little longer) and also a green shade tree mechanic, it is not lost on me. Some of these threads started when I was in elementary school still learning my ABC's. Thank you all for everything. I read every post, every day and try to absorb all the collective knowledge I can. I am eternally grateful.

Everyday I learn something new and feel more confident in my ability to get this POS project car up and running. If I had as much money as I have knowledge (thanks to you all), it probably would be.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:50 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by fasterfaster
Does anyone have a part number or even a picture of the 6PIN female connector for the stereo, above? ."
This is from an 89 Turbo, Reno stereo

Edit/ I just saw your edit, nevermind. I'll leave this up for continuity.

Quick Reply: Is This Connector To the Original Stereo (early 944)?