Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wurth Group Buy (New): Details, List, Deadline!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004 | 02:30 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Talking Wurth Group Buy (New): Details, List, Deadline!

Again sorry about not responding over this past weekend! I have decided to start a new thread just to clean things up a little and begin a list. This group buy is for people who would not normally ordering enough to meet the minimum order Wurth USA has established. If you would like to order more than these minimums listed below please contact me and I’ll pass along the Wurth Rep. Contact info.

Here are the normal SINGLE order minimums for reference: 3 Cans Primer, 2 Cans Silver Paint, 3 Cans Clear Coat.

Prices:
Silver Self Etching primer: $13.10/can
Silver Paint (1984 and Newer Color): $12.05/can
Clear Coat: $9.47/can

I have spoken with a sales rep from Wurth and they aren’t able or setup to ship one order to multiple addresses. So everything would need to be shipped to me in Rochester NY and then I’ll distribute it. The easiest option for me (and cheapest for you) would be for me to bring it to Hershey for the meet. In that case you MAY need to pay a few dollars for the shipping from Wurth to me ($2-5). This little number will depend on how much the total order is…It decreases proportionally to the number of cans order. Not a big issue!

If you fall in the other category, those who are interested but aren’t attending Hershey and don't live near Rochester NY, you will have to pay shipping from me to you. Or if you’re not certain about if you’re going to Hershey I can bring it and then afterwards just ship it, no big deal!

If anyone would like to talk to me on the phone about any of this please feel free to call me at 585-274-2737 anytime (college student hours!). Or email me at es002j@mail.rochester.edu.

I would prefer payment to be by check before I order, if you need to add shipping at a later date that’s fine. Or, if you’re uncertain you could send the check including the shipping and then I’ll refund that when we meet up.

Order deadline: 3/31 Next Wednesday. I will need to have your check by then.

I hope all this makes sense! I look forward to responses!

FOR SIMPLICITY PLEASE POST WHAT YOU’D LIKE AND IF YOU’LL BE AT HERSHEY!

Thanks Guys

-Erich Schmidt
Old 03-22-2004 | 02:51 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

I will modify the list here as people submit:

Me- 2 can of primer, 2 silver, and 2 clear coat.

968TurboS (Raj) - 1 can of primer, 1 silver, and 1 clear coat.
(Hershey)

KLR (Neal) - 1 can of primer, 2 silver, and 1 clear coat.
(Hershey)

Charlie944 (Charlie) - 2 can of primer, 2 silver, and 2 clear coat.
(Mailing prior to Hershey)

Thanks!
-Erich

Last edited by ErichCS; 03-27-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2004 | 09:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Make 1 of each for me. How many wheels can one do with one of each?
Raj
Old 03-22-2004 | 09:22 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Raj - This topic came up on the other thread, it will really depend on how many coats you go with. I plan to use less primer and more silver and clear coat. Check out this thread again:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=121558

Thanks! Also i'll assume i'm seeing you at Hershey?
Later!
Erich
Old 03-22-2004 | 10:18 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Eactly how much are people saving this way? On low value items like this, it's pretty important to get all your costs straight, or people will end up paying more than if they ordered from one of our sponsors.

Are you including taxes, or the cost of forwarding from you to the buyer?
Old 03-22-2004 | 10:41 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Well...How should i say this....You made another point in the old thread that i didn't even bother to address because of its general uselessness.

Originally posted by Peckster
Paragon sells it for not much more, if you're talking about the lacquer.
Lets explore that statement...

Paragon Website Prices (plus shipping and handling)
Silver Paint: $16.50
Clear Coat: $18.00

Group Buy Prices (No shipping if picked up at Hershey or Rochester NY)
Silver Paint: $12.05/can
Clear Coat: $9.47/can

Does anyone else see a price difference? There are no taxes being charged. If we order over $300 wurth charges no shipping. Otherwise its 10 bucks to ship it directly to me. We already have around $150, so if a few more guys get in there is no shipping charges at all from Wurth to ship to me.

I plan to distribute these at Hershey to avoid people paying more money on shipping.

This post is meant to slightly show a pattern i have noticed in general with your posts on the list, they are general quick and not really thought based. I would appreciate you spending the time to research the Paragon website before making incorrect statements in future threads.

Let me make ONE THING PERFECTLY CLEAR i am not making any profit here. This buy is done simply to meet the minimum order requirements set by Wurth USA.

Let's keep this group buy going! I hope this thread doesn't come off rude...

-Erich Schmidt
Old 03-23-2004 | 09:40 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Anyone else interested?

Thanks!
Erich
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:00 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

I'm very interested- However I'm concerned about shipping and customs.
Old 03-23-2004 | 04:48 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Rich - Well i have never shipped anything to Canada before! But how hard could it be, could i just send it regular US mail thru the US postal service? Or would it have to go UPS/Fedex?

When you get packages from the US what courier service do they come by?
Thanks!
Erich
Old 03-24-2004 | 09:07 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

The deadline is still next wednesday and we are over the order minimum, are there any others who are interested in this group buy?

Thanks!
-Erich
Old 03-30-2004 | 03:55 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Everyone - I just wanted to confirm that the order was placed today with Wurth USA. I jumped the gun a little just to make sure i get it by the end of the week for Charlie who wants to refinish his before Hershey.

The order will be shipped from NJ to Rochester NY. There is a slim chance it will be sent today, but definitely tomorrow i was told. If you have any questions please post up or drop me an email es002j@mail.rochester.edu

Thanks everyone!
-Erich

Quick Reply: Wurth Group Buy (New): Details, List, Deadline!