Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinda OT: Would you tow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 10:10 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda OT: Would you tow?

My apartment complex is getting full again, my end is mainly 2 vehicle couples with a lot of 1 bedroom apts. so someone apparently didn't have any foresight when they set the parking up.

I pay $25 per month for reserved covered parking. If I come home after 9 or 10pm I almost always find that someone has parked in my spot and knows damn well from the signs that it's reserved, they just didn't want to walk.

Now I can have the offenders towed any time I want but have been hesitant to for fear of getting keyed or something. Would you?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:16 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Cones....

Try putting a couple of orange cones at the entrance of your space - with a reserved parking sign. If they move those - tow them.....

BTDT in College.....
Old 03-19-2004, 10:39 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

This picture isnt related, but made me think of it.

I live in a Apartment and when I came up to visit a friend before I moved in I parked in covered parking. I had a nasty note the next day. I was pissed that someone touched my car, but I deserved it. I say leave a note, if that doesnt work tow em. btw- I dont trust anyone, especially people with park avenues and lincolns. my car is getting a garage at sum of 60 bucks a month (ouch)

Old 03-19-2004, 10:47 PM
bpp944
Pro

Start your own towing company! Charge $150.00 for the tow and another $10.00 a day storage..

If you wanted to get sneaky, you could invest in a valve stem remover. -At least your not vandalizing their cars, you’re freeing the air from its confinement..
Old 03-19-2004, 10:51 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've done the tire valve a couple times, problem with notes is that genarally it's not the same car or someone brought home from a bar or something.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:56 PM
adie
Pro

10mm drill bit on a battery drill, drill a hole in the floor and fill it with expanding foam, 4 tins should do it. (PMT rant mode off).
Old 03-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wonder what the guy in the red porsche in the picture above did when he fouind bird crap on his car from parking under that pretty tree
Old 03-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't tow yet. I went through the exact same thing, I reserved a spot that I had to pay for under cover, but the person next to me parked her car across my space. I left a polite but stern letter on her windshield, and the next day she was well within her lines.
I would try this first. You don't want to make enemies in your own apartment complex if you can help it. After all, you have to live together.
If they don't listen though, tow their ***.
Don't key their car, that's just stupid.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:23 AM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's afrait the person will key his car!

Only one I'd key is Morgan Kippler.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:12 AM
handscreate
Intermediate

I'm a nice guy. Leave two notes max. and then tow. Making enemies in your building sucks. My upstairs neighbors and I strongly dislike each other. I politely asked them many times to keep the noise down late at night (after 11:30pm week days, I'm at work and/or school at 7am). They would be quiet for 15 mins, then get loud again. I told the manager. Several letters later same thing was happening. Finally when I had the flu last year, I was very nice about it and asked again to please keep the noise down (it was 11pm tuesday night, and I was trying to sleep!!). Lots of yelling from his end, and something about "do you think we never get sick". And then the final straw, he took a swing at me. Well, instead of kicking his *** right then and there, I went back downstairs and called the police about the noise. Even after all of this they are still loud and inconsiderate. So my neighbors hate me, and I am sure that LAPD doesn't like me or my neighbors. Anyway, the point I was trying to make was, be nice about it at first. If they out-right ignore the letter, try once more, and if they still ignore it, tow their asses.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:08 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Update, I got my neighbor one of those big road construction cones, when she got home the cone was gone and so was whoever parked there.

Gotta love apartment life.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:01 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Im going to say it again, I would have covered parking if I trusted anyone. Pony up and a get a garage. I pay about 2 dollars a day to have a nice sized garage with no worries.
A. No one sees my car from the road
B. No door dings
C. I can keep all my car stuff in the garage
D. It doesnt sit in the sun. (thats enough for me to do it)

Quick Reply: Kinda OT: Would you tow?