Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deleted thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:51 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deleted thread

hi

Last edited by porschefig; 03-13-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:34 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

You must be a paying member to receive the Panorama. Many are members just to receive it. You do not have to pay for or be entered in an event to receive it.

At 18 years old you will have plenty of time to attend events. Sometimes the wait makes everything more exciting! The PCA however WILL NOT waiver on the rules. I have come to understand the legal worries the club has and really no way to avoid or go around it and agree for the most part. Class rules are the issue I have with PCA and trying to change that is like pulling teeth with tweezers! Won't matter if you are 17 and 364.75 days old.

I can sense a bit of "red mist" in your post......race DE!! NOT! Don't even think race till you have more than 12 days of track time and can prove your skills to the CI! I mention this because many new track junkies go the DE events thinking they are racing and often there is a driver who tries to break the track lap record. They won't last one minute before there are black flagged or worse. Don't curb your desire but go in with the mindset of learning to drive in baby steps vs. dashing to the checker flag! You will be faster by starting slower! Good Luck!! Dal
Old 03-13-2004, 07:28 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think you should send that email.

In today's litigeous society, organizations such as the PCA have to stick to strict guidlines in order to protect themselves, and ensure that the insurance companies that underwrite their events do not revoke coverage.

If you have sent emails in the past asking them to move a date for an event so that you can participate, don't be dissapointed that they could not. Many event dates are based upon many factors, including track availability, conflict with other events, worker availability, etc.

As Dal stated, many people are PCA members that don't participate in any speed events. They have the membership for only the monthly Panorama that shows up on their doorstep. Asking them to make an exception for you is something that they simply cannot do, as it would open the door to others expecting the same special treatment.

Regards,

Jeremy
Old 03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
icat
Race Car

One other comment. Race and DE should NEVER be used in the same sentence. A DE event is not a race and as a general rule you are not permitted to time your laps. I fully understand your fustration. I remember quite clearly getting kicked out of a bowling alley on my 18th birthday because of curfew rules in OK City. At the time I was married (still married to the same fantastic woman) and I had just registered for the draft. To say I was a bit irrate would be an understatement. Allowed to fight and defend the country - not allowed out past midnight!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. While you stated the e-mail in a fairly considerate way, the PCA's hands are tied in this case and will be unable to budge.

Wait it out, the time will come. Good luck with Basic too.

also - check out the schedules of nearby zones or regions - if the timing is right, you might be able to find one because other zones will gladly allow visiting PCA members
Old 03-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It's all about insurance, nothing PCA can do.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:02 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

well, "race" was only a poor word choice. believe me, the thought of high speeds on that small track is very humbling. and i've already seen a couple cars go off course...Racing at a DE!!

my main question was if there was any other way to get the subscription to Pano'
my main concern was the absolute lack of other events in our local PCA. when i've sent out emails asking to plan the DE at a later date. i've also suggested things like "show and shines", dinners, tech sessions, cruises. i can't understand paying 40+ and only having one get together of any kind per year.

anyways, no longer being too tired so see straight is allowing me to agree obviously not to send it. it doesn't stop me from being dissapointed however.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:07 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

so set up some meetings and a concours or something for charity, not too hard to get involved.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:17 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

or just delete it
Old 03-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You know you can delete an entire thread if you started it?
Old 03-13-2004, 05:32 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

i tried to delete the whole thing
wouldn't let me, i think b/c i would deleting the things you guys have wrote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:53 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by jason952
or just delete it
i didn't mean to offend people by deleting it. and i agree with you, members need to step up and get involved

i deleted it b/c i didn't want it to offend any more members/ racers/ etc

Quick Reply: deleted thread