Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maine, VT, NH GTG say in May or later?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I x post so I can put this in other forums ie. 968 forums
Old 03-14-2004, 04:54 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tjbreen
I would be willing to host a timing belt party on May 9th at my house in Tyngsboro MA. I have a two stall garage and a cul-de-sac to park cars in.

All would be welcome - especially 968's.

Tom Breen
Sweet! But how about later in May?? I still have school then...I doubt i could make it up on the 9th.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:28 AM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Later in May probably won't work. The NCR PCA car control clinic is the next weekend and the first DE event is later in May. The calendar is filling up.

Tom Breen
Old 03-15-2004, 12:34 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Well then hopefully there'll be another get together, or timing belt party over the summer in the Northeast. I'd really like to attend one of these, the timing just always seems to be off for me to make it...

Later!
Erich
Old 03-16-2004, 01:40 PM
incessant
Racer

Default I am down with a TB party

I'd be interested in attending a timing belt party, I did a check on distance from Potland to Tynsgboro, and for its only an hour and a half drive. It would definetly be a go for me.
Likewise.

Ben: we could caravan down.. maybe meet up with Sid on the way. I need to replace my front cam seal--might as well do the belts while I'm at it eh?
I live right in-town Portland near USM.

Do you think we could do my radiator as well???

-Rhad
Old 03-16-2004, 02:05 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

The weekend of May 15 and 16 is open. We could use those dates as rain dates. These events are a lot better if it isn't raining because the guys with the high-power cars are willing to do test rides if the roads are dry.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Incessant - A caravan down sounds good to me. If sid wants we could meet up with him somewhere in NH .

I dont live to far from you. I'm right up on Cumberland ave, You'll probably see my car soon, I'm thinking of taking it out this weekend but with the storm comming this way I dont know.

TJBreen the rain dates sound good. Especially if there are some modded 951's that come. I really want to see what I'm missing.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:28 PM
incessant
Racer

Well, I guess we are supposed to get 4-8 inches overnight and tomorrow, but it may well be melted by the weekend.
Personnally I wait until the street sweepers come.. not so much for the salt aspect as the lose dirt and pebbles.

I saw a sweet white 968 coupe yesterday driving in-town.. I saw it last year in the parking garage I use on Pearl Street.. it only had 63,000 miles last year.. man I want one.

Sid:

What do you say? Caravan down ? Ofcourse Anyone in the area is welcome!

-Rhad
Old 03-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Yeah I think my car is staying in the garage another week. If the 968 was a white one its owned by a guy who reports on the 968 forum. I've seen him driving around. Theres also a white 951 I've seen about 3 or 4 times in the last month. I dont know who owns it though.

Tjbreen - Can we call May 9th the final verdict?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

May 9th can be put on the calendar.

I spoke with Jake951, who helped me with the previous gatherings, and he will be available on the 9th.

I screwed up the rain date in a previous post. May 16 is the car control clinic at NHIS, which I will be attending. The rain date will not be the next week but two weeks after, May 23.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Er what, how'd I miss all this.

Yeah Caravan fine by me. I'll fire up the Keg.

Tyngsburough is near enough to me.

Course I might have to ride with one of you guys cuz I'm still spewing oil.

Where are we doing it? Where am I going? Why am I here?
Old 03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by tjbreen
The rain date will not be the next week but two weeks after, May 23.
I'll be hoping for rain on the 9th so i can come on the 23rd
Old 03-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Paul968
Racer

Hello Ben - Sid,

Paul here from Kittery..... we met last summer for a cruise.

Well, a lot has happened since then....... I just opened my own Porsche Performance store right here in Portsmouth, NH. www.powerwerks.net

This is just a thought but how about we plan something like this:

We could start the day off at a great local restaurant, it is actually owned by my business partner. He holds car club events there all the time, Miata Club etc.

After something to eat we could take a cruise down by the beach...... the restaurant is not far from Rye and Hampton beach.

After a short cruise we could then head over to my store, let you guys check it out.
If there are enough people wanting to attend, I could arrange with Mark Nadler of Exotech to come to the store and hold a tech session....... you guys could pick something you want him to demostrate / explain.

Also we could maybe offer some store discounts for all attendees...... new and used parts!

Plus I am now the editor for the PCA/NCR North Lander.... so I could let the NCR people know and see if they would like to attend.

Also remember my red 951??? Well, it has under gone a few modifications since the last time we met!!!
I am using it as a demonstration car for all the performance products I am selling..... I will be showing it and entering it at upcoming local events/gatherings. Plus I just like to go as fast as hell !

I am just having the parts installed and the car set up, so it will be ready in the next week or so...... it will be putting out well over 500hp when all is said and done. It also has all the suspension, safety and styling tweaks.

Well, let me know if you want to plan something and I can help out any way I can.

Best Regards,
Paul
Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Zackb911
Racer

Hey Paul how about a Group Timing belt, front seals, etc... demo at your new shop. You would be #1 in my book you could maybe even sell the kits to those attending??

Zack
Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Hey Paul congradulations on the shop, I looked at the website and its amazing. I might come down this coming week to take a look around the shop. Im living in Portland now so its not that long of a trip.

Regarding the GTG on the 9th its up to everyone here what they would like to do, I'm pretty much game for anything. I would really like to see how your 951 turns out and would definetly like a ride.

Quick Reply: Maine, VT, NH GTG say in May or later?