Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a few words before I go...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:15 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey, what's a "fishwife"? Is it sorta like "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" ? Kewl. I love this place.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fishwife = Fishermans wife

A term from some old American literature.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:21 AM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sexist! Masogynist!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally posted by David Ray
John (3:16),

First, and foremost, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS FORUM –EVER!!!!! or you’ll loose whatever respect I had for you! YOU called it a day and we respect you for it – it’s over.

Your advice will be missed, however, just to confirm since you’re not going to be here for me: “lefty loosey and righty tighty, right? TOO, many dave s here

From what I’ve witness this site is………… “just cute”, I don’t get very many quality answers and none from quality Porsche mechs., just lovers of the car that think they know what’s up!

Good luck in your business. After all – if your car is running “right” you don’t have any questions for Rennlist, or those that just what to hear themselves on a internet site!

Best of Luck – you’ve made the right decision.
stupid is as stupid does

This post tops the best of AMAF, the best of Craig. Stating he has "respect" John after John is too big of a coward to honor his word, and to big a coward to answer Dave's post yet finds the time to answer Jonas elevates this post to the top of the list of stupid posts IMO.

John
David Ray
Dave A. and for being a gentleman throughout this whole ordeal!

Last edited by Tom R.; 03-04-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom,
Originally posted by David Ray
TOO, many dave s here
There'd be one less if he followed in John's footsteps!

Travis, This post should have faded away by now, OTOH I was insulted and I replied, I'm not about to take this kind of crap. You don't need to read this thread if you dont like the contents
Old 03-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by Tom R.
Stating he has "respect" John after John is too big of a coward to honor his word, and to big a coward to answer Dave's post yet finds the time to answer Jonas elevates this post to the top of the list of stupid posts IMO.
That to me is the $1,000,000 question here. Why doesn't John respond to Dave's posts? I mean, he's already agreed to pay him back some money, right? If you're gonna **** of the whole Rennlist board, John, you should have added that you won't be paying Dave back, despite your agreement! At least then the case is closed. (Or, be a man, have cough up the cash!)

I personally know Dave. Does that mean I'm biased? Well sure. But, I know Dave to be a very helpful, very easy going guy. The fact that HIS character is now being trampled in the dirt here is ridiculous! (Some of you may want to go back and read his story before you cast judgement on him!) He was very patient with the whole AWM issue, and waited until all else failed before he posted here. Attention John Anderson: Dave just wants his $$ back: Money that you said you'd give him. IIRC, He's not even asking for a full refund!! He agreed to a partial payment! John, if you want to save any face with this group, I'd get that $$ to Dave and THEN you can go your separate ways.

Ok, I'll get off the soapbox (seem's everyone's got one here!)
-Zoltan.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Nevermind,
'double post.'
Old 03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by keith
Aside from the chatter on this forum, there is a wealth of Porsche tech as a resource - several quality shops frequent the board, and a LOT of FREE tech is given (that is stuff you would PAY for in the real world).
Furthermore, it has been my experience that often enthusiasts who work on and diagnose thier own cars are a better source of information than professional techs. It's not always the case of course, but there are many people who know their cars better than professionals techs do, who have to know about a lot of cars while the enthusiast owner only has to know his or her car. I've experienced this very clearly in the SE-R community where I've yet to find a tech who can make the folks on the SE-R Mailing List for knowledge of these cars. It's also often true here.

Enthusiasts are not being paid by the hour (or more correctly, by the book). Instead they tend to do work because they want to do it and can take their time to really research issues that techs are simply looking to solve the quickest way possible (not always, but those are expensive) and not necessarily understand the underlying problem.

Give me a knowledgeable group of enthusiasts who work on their own cars over a professional tech any day of the week.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:21 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Z-man
.... I'll get off the soapbox (seem's everyone's got one here!)....
Not me.. I just kind'a read along......
Old 03-04-2004, 01:08 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Geo - I have to agree with you, an enthusiast can be a great source of detailed information. I know I learned a lot from such folks. I also learned early on to take advice from the board with a grain of salt since some of it is based on perspective and opinion. Always best to get a few opinions and make your own judgements from there.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Here how I see it. AMW made alot of contributions to the Rennlist Community; though sponsorship, and by giving free advice and technical assistance. This I assume led to some paying customers. It's amazing how relationships that are developed and cultivated over a span of years, can be blown up in just the few minutes it took to start this thread. Quite a shame.

As far as Dave's motor, based on that thread, he gave AMW ample opportunity to make good. AMW should have taken the motor back and refunded Dave's money.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Z-man
.... I'll get off the soapbox (seem's everyone's got one here!)....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not me.. I just kind'a read along......

John doesn't stand on the soapbox, He owns the soapbox!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2004, 02:03 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Travis - sflraver
Travis - sflraver has attached this image:.......

_________
Old 03-04-2004, 03:51 PM
itsme-itsme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Quote: John D)

(posting nude shots of your girlfriends)

Who cares. I'm still looking for this thread!!!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:53 PM
itsme-itsme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOPs. I meant John Anderson.

Quick Reply: Just a few words before I go...