Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanzweeden quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Vanzweeden quality

Has anyone here dealt with vansweeden, specifically their 968 wings? If the quality is good, how much would shipping be to the states? TIA.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:45 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC when I contacted them about ordering a 968 TRS wing the gentleman I spoke with indicated that it would be cost-prohibitive to order just one part and have it shipped over. Something along the lines of $500 for shipping. I beleive Lead Foot 944 probably knows more about this since he went through the process of ordering and importing a number of items for 'listers.

FWIW - provided we could get a good deal on shipping (and provided I had the expendable cash in reserve) I would be interested in getting one.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

dont do it....
Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

What you want to know....? Was it worth it..No...I went through alot of trouble organizing the group order back in November...I recommend that nobody does buisness with them, especially another group order...Hmm Where do I begin....the 400$ in Broker Fees that I was never told about when I ordered, or the fact that I recieved broken parts TWICE from them..or $200 in international calls over the course of three months to them...

And to this day I still have not come to a resolution with them....and some rennlisters never recieved their spoilers because of this **** with them..I can't even begin to explain what a mess the group order turned into, as a result of Van-Zweeden not knowing of the importing procedure on the USA side and..and of course sending me broken parts..If you guys want lots of pics and closeups of the Van-Zweeden spoilers just ask..I have plenty...

At least some rennlisters recieved their stuff..Like in Erich's case...His Front Lemann's spoiler arrived damaged, so I fixed it for him, because Van-Zweeden was not about to ship another one to him at the price of 350+
for shipping...

I can easily say though that after this entire experience I know exactly how to handle another import of parts so it would go smoothly...But not from Van-Zweeden....

I will make a full write up on the matter when and if it ever gets resolved with them, on how everything went down...

Damian
Old 02-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

David Salama also recieved his spoiler from me....He has posted a ton of pic's with it on his bad *** machine....I am currently in the process of trying to eliminate Van-Zweeden completely and deal with the company that makes them for Van-Zweeden in Poland...And since I can speak Polish..That helps...Obviously Van-Zweeden does not make the spoilers...

Damian
Old 02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

They have an adjustable RS wing for sale on ebay. I was wondering if it was worth it. However, it's already up to $301 and their web page lists it at 365 euros, so I don't think it's worth it. Keep working on a group buy....I'm in!
Old 02-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For future reference, when I was looking for parts while in Europe I contacted VanZweeden to get a price and they had an overly complicated process with a bank wire transfer, etc.

Instead, I got in touch with these guys in Germany who advertise in Pano and made a really smooth purchase with a faxed credit card authorization. Their online 944 catalog is pretty nice, too. They work with ordinary couriers, like UPS or regular Deutche Post mail.

YMMV
Old 02-25-2004, 09:10 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

remember the Euro is worth more so 365 euros is worth about 462.9001 USD at the current rate.

-Christian
Old 02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

I'm probably going to Poland this summer so if it doesn't work out I can try to help out with that mess. Let me know if it's not cleared up by June that is when I want to go if I can get my Polish passport back from the Embassy by then.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, definately let us know how it turns out with Van Zweeden and their polish manufacturer. I was seriously considering ordering some parts from them. But now I have definately rethought it.
Let us know if you sort it out with the polish guys, and can get parts cheaper (or even same price).
Old 02-26-2004, 09:21 AM
martijn 944
Instructor

Van-zweden got a bad name in holland to.

I would not order anything there

Can someone tell me more about the company in poland, i like the splitter those guys make, but i will not deal with van-zweden.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have bought some stuff from Van Zweeden. Have always got parts in good condition & fast. The only negative thing so far is payment method, you have to prepaid parts via bank. I suppose it is more easy for us europeans to buy parts from another EU country.
I doupt they buy spoilers from Poland. First Poland is not a EU country and secondly Poland does not have a reputation of being a place where good quality parts are made.
If you want those 968 wings contact to the Swedes. for example Jonas at
http://www.area951.nu can help.
Pages are in Swedish, but after all vi kan alla prata Svenska, eller hur

http://www.area951.nu/produkter/show....asp?showID=71
Old 02-26-2004, 09:44 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lead Foot 944
At least some rennlisters recieved their stuff..Like in Erich's case...His Front Lemann's spoiler arrived damaged, so I fixed it for him, because Van-Zweeden was not about to ship another one to him at the price of 350+
for shipping...
Thats correct the front spoiler for my car arrrived in the US damaged, so i just let damian fix it for me. Van-Zweeden offered to knock a little money off the price due to that, unfortuntnatly it took them a few weeks for them to get that taken care of.

On the quality question - I believe there stuff, atleast what i have seen to be of very good quality. And it seems like Damian would agree since he's looking to find the source of V-zweeden's parts.

I would recommend that if anyone is serious about getting parts from anywhere in Europe they talk to Damian and read all his old posts on this. It turned out to be a huge job. But as he said i got my parts, and i cant thank him enough for how he handled the while process.

I cant wait to get the spoilers on my car in the spring!!

Good Luck
Erich
Old 02-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally posted by Olli Snellman
First Poland is not a EU country and secondly Poland does not have a reputation of being a place where good quality parts are made.
Poland will join the EU in 2 months - May 1, 2004.

Quality of Polish-produced parts can be very good - VW, Mercedes, BMW all have parts suppliers based in Poland.

Pages are in Swedish, but after all vi kan alla prata Svenska, eller hur
Precis. Vi kan alla snacka svenska här.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

If the spoilers are not made in Poland, Then who have I been talking to..After all I recieved some of the info about the company that makes them when I was doing the Group Buy with Van-Zweeden.....

Believe me the spoilers are only made in Poland, and Van-Zweeden is the only company in Europe that is authorized to sell them...Actually the company was in Africa, but now within the last couple yrs the company has moved to Poland...For cost, production, etc reasons....You see the guy who owns the small production company has a relationship with Van-Zweeden..You know then they can be EXclusive....From the rest...

And before you guys start posting links and pics of other companys that sell the same one as Van-Zweeden..I have news for u...Call that company and see who they get the spoiler from....Hmmmm...VAn-Zweeden of course...I have spoken with all of these companys even, to confirm this... I had no choice but to cover every angle before the actual group buy went down, only because I wanted everyone to get the best deal and product...

To give you guys an idea of how much info gathering I have done on this entire matter..Importing Laws, Brokerage, Insurance of all types, Tariffs and Taxes, Best Payment Methods, Customs, Best Shipping Method, and the list goes on....

Again I will eventually post the write up...But only after everything is resolved.

Damian

Quick Reply: Vanzweeden quality