Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanzweeden quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone checked out the AIR wing? I have no idea how much it costs, but I know they have done some pretty nice group buys on their splitter - might be worth talking to them about the wing.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AIR = Open your wallet nice and wide....

Damian
Old 02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

OK I'll bite....How much?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

The wing in the pic is like $1300+ If I remember right last time I called them..

Damian
Old 02-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

That's ridiculous. Is it at least carbon fiber? Why in heck would they go through the trouble of making one if they are going to try to sell it for an outrageous price - nice market research. GT Racing has an equally obnoxiously priced one at $1,100, but at least the center section is CF. Interestingly enough though, GT Racing has a 968 adjustable for only $275. I'm wondering if it really took that much effort to convert it to fit a 944 that they need to get charge an additional $800 to make money.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

You think that's expensive....When I called Porsche MotorSport In Germany, I was told that if they even had one in stock, a true Factory 968 RST Spoiler ( not Fiberglass or CarbonFiber ) would cost me about $3000 today...

And as far as the AIR spoiler I believe it is All Carbon Fiber, I mean only the wing, not the side pieces or Lower bridge I think..

Damian
Old 02-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And before you guys start posting links and pics of other companys that sell the same one as Van-Zweeden..I have news for u...Call that company and see who they get the spoiler from....Hmmmm...VAn-Zweeden of course...I have spoken with all of these companys even, to confirm this..
With whom from Sweden have you talked with ??

into my knowledge spoilers Swedes sell are manufactured in Sweden. Hope some of the Swedes can confirm this. I know one Swede from whom you can buy almost all sheet metal, doors,hood etc. made from glassfibre or carbon
Old 02-27-2004, 04:26 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

I know one Swede from whom you can buy almost all sheet metal, doors,hood etc. made from glassfibre or carbon
Hmmmm. Does he do buisness with Van_zweeden, Cause if he does I also have one of his custom made spoilers with the center piece made of carbon fiber, and what a nice piece it is.. I do understand that van_zweeden does not only sell polish made spoilers, When I recieved the group order of 4 complete spoilers, three were the same, while one was made custom by some certain swedish guy cause of the carbon fiber center of course...? You want to see pics of this thing..?

And I am not willing to give out who I have spoken with over there, I can't just go posting more than I already have on this matter, until everything is resolved with them..Thats the way it should be...

Damian
Old 02-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally posted by Olli Snellman
With whom from Sweden have you talked with ??

into my knowledge spoilers Swedes sell are manufactured in Sweden. Hope some of the Swedes can confirm this. I know one Swede from whom you can buy almost all sheet metal, doors,hood etc. made from glassfibre or carbon
What's ironic is that 'Van Zweeden' in Dutch translates to 'From Sweden' ...
Old 02-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Foot 944
And before you guys start posting links and pics of other companys that sell the same one as Van-Zweeden..I have news for u...Call that company and see who they get the spoiler from....Hmmmm...VAn-Zweeden of course...Damian
I don't question this. My only point was that I had a better purchasing experience (including price) with these guys than what I was offered by or what I've been reading about Van Zweeden.

I don't even know if they carry wings, etc. but they certainly were easier, cheaper, and more straightforward to deal with, so I posted the link for anyone looking for European based aftermarket suppliers of Porsche parts.

YMMV
Old 02-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Foot 944
You think that's expensive....When I called Porsche MotorSport In Germany, I was told that if they even had one in stock, a true Factory 968 RST Spoiler ( not Fiberglass or CarbonFiber ) would cost me about $3000 today...

And as far as the AIR spoiler I believe it is All Carbon Fiber, I mean only the wing, not the side pieces or Lower bridge I think..

Damian

That's odd... I friend of mine spoke with the Swedish dealer for Porsche Motorsport and the 968 Turo spoiler only costed 6500 SEK... but that's without the side trim pieces.

In either case... buying a replica for over $1000 is a bit crazy!
Old 02-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmmm. Does he do buisness with Van_zweeden, Cause if he does I also have one of his custom made spoilers with the center piece made of carbon fiber, and what a nice piece it is.. I do understand that van_zweeden does not only sell polish made spoilers, When I recieved the group order of 4 complete spoilers, three were the same, while one was made custom by some certain swedish guy cause of the carbon fiber center of course...? You want to see pics of this thing..?
Don't know if he have business with Van Zweeden, i can give his e-mail address if you would like to ask him directly.

I would like to see some pictures, if you have them available.
Haven't seen in nature these Swedish spoilers, only pictures.
Have seen Van Zweeden spoilers & UK based company Club Auto Sport ones. Van Zweeden was rather good while Club Auto Sport was quite bad.

However i still like the original "Rubber-Duck" best

Quick Reply: Vanzweeden quality