Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 05:52 PM
RobbyK
Pro

Location: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennbay Fuel Lines

When my car comes out of storage next month I am getting a new rad put in and doing a few other things and I was thinking of replacing the fuel lines. I was wondering does any one recommend the Rennbay Fuel Lines and how needed really are they to be replaced?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:14 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was wondering the same thing, i just cut mine off as i was pulling head....hey what can i say they were in the way and pissing me off...so....snip. They needed to be replaced bad.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:47 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a similar setup. I like it, but I will soon be switching to screw-on fittings b/c I am just not sure that hose clamps are up to the job. Lots of info in the archives on this, too. I think the old hoses are good to replace. I wonder if just regular high pressure rubber fuel line would be ok since that would be gripped by the clamps much better. You could add fire sleeving to protect the rubber since it does run over the exhaust. any ideas on that?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:04 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Do the renbay lines have a screw on fitting for the fuel damper and a clamp type fitting on the FPR?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:36 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

all the line kits use clamps on all fittings. A clamp has to work pretty hard to shrink that stainless line though, that's what worries me.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:27 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

How do they get it connected to the fuel damper then? My damper has a screw on fitting
Old 02-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The lines I sell are just aeroquip line with larger clamps and little covers to go on the ends. I cut them to length and put the clamps and ends on. If the idea of clamping new lines onto the hard lines worries you then I would go with the screw on sets.
Soon I am going to start just selling the hose by the foot along with an array of fittings to use with them and not cutting them to length just for the sets. I have had too many requests for odd lengths lately that this is the only feasible way to keep them on the site.
personally I use the lines I sell and have not had any problems with them, nor have I heard of anyone else having problems, but its up to you.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Karl2bdc
How do they get it connected to the fuel damper then? My damper has a screw on fitting
The crimps on the old hose are cut and pulled away. When this is done the old hose will slide off of the barb on the other side of your screw on fitting. This barb is where the new hose attaches and you still use the screw on fitting. The same thing goes for attaching to the hard lines. There are barbs made into the ends of the hard lines under the old hose and crimp.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, ALL of my fuel lines are leaking, along with my end cap. I don't feel very safe in my car anymore.
I looked at an OEM replacment, and it looks like about $600 for the set of 3. Which is out of the question.
So, I as well wish to pose a question about the fuel lines. I don't know how the factory lines attach to the supply and return lines mounted inside the fender, but do the rennbay lines connect the same way?
That is, if they screw onto the hard lines in the fender, do I have to cut the crimp fittings there as well, or if they are simply clamped onto the hard lines, do they clamp the same?

Is it possible to get some pictures of the fittings once these lines are installed?
I am just curious about this, before I go and buy them.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Pauerman has a set of SS lines for sale with screw-on AN fittings for every connection, he sells that kit for $150 shipped.

Sam
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who is Pauerman?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Forum member, frequents the 944 sections, do a search for his member name and use the forum to send him an e-mail if you're interested. Member Jeremy Himsel runs his lines, I will be on one of my cars once I get time.

Sam
Old 02-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

From what I hear, those are a great set of lines. Lets get a little more feedback on those. Who makes them, how do they connect, do tell.
Since I am going to be dropping the pre-cut aeroquip lines soon I would not mind picking those up to take their place on Rennbay if whoever is making them is interested.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:21 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zero10
Hmm, ALL of my fuel lines are leaking, along with my end cap. I don't feel very safe in my car anymore.
I looked at an OEM replacment, and it looks like about $600 for the set of 3. Which is out of the question.
Not sure what the third one is but the pressure and return line above the exhaust can be had from Porsche for $180 down here.

Modderman's in Mountain View has put them on my car today. That is the price he charged me.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Made by forum member Pauerman, real name Vic, one of the top Spec944 racers in AZ. Compression fittings down bottom through AN into SS line, tops thread into the FPR and damper. $150 shipped.

Sam

Quick Reply: Rennbay Fuel Lines