Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:42 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Sam Lin
Pauerman has a set of SS lines for sale with screw-on AN fittings for every connection, he sells that kit for $150 shipped.

Sam
Actually the FPR fitting has a hose clamp, the other 3 screw on. I am trying to get AN on all 4, hopefully posting pics in a few weeks.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of the cut to length ones with the clamp style fittings sitting in the garage, they came from OZ951 when I bought his MAF. Since I am trying to make gobs of power and at this point money is not the object, the ones in the garage are for sale. I have no clue what they are worth, just trying to cover a portion of what the new one will cost, make me an offer.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Travis - sflraver
From what I hear, those are a great set of lines. Lets get a little more feedback on those. Who makes them, how do they connect, do tell.
Since I am going to be dropping the pre-cut aeroquip lines soon I would not mind picking those up to take their place on Rennbay if whoever is making them is interested.
Travis, Pauerman is a lister and his name is Vic, these lines are awesome and we've been running around with them for quite some time now. In our "test" circle, no one has had the slightest issue. I'm sure Vic would love to have Rennbay offer his lines. They connect using AN Adaptors on 3 of the 4 connection points. The 4th point (@ the FPR) is an high quality grade hose clamp. This line is very low pressure so leakage os not an issue. These are similar to the lines Technodyne sold for years........only $100 + cheaper. They are superior to the lindsey design for another $15 and offer additional assurance that you won't have hose splitting issues. If you want I can send you detailed pics or you can contact Vic @ Pauerzone@***.net.

As far as putting an AN fitting on the stock FPR goes, the metal nipple on the stock FPR is very thin and short which doesn't leave the fittings a lot of room for compression. When it does compress it actually thins and narrows the metal on the FPR. Also, there really isn't an appropriate sized compression fitting available. You can use an adjustable FRP that comes with threaded ends but that adds upwards of another $130.

Many of us have used these lines throughout the AZ Summers @ 115 degrees and I've used them on 105 degree track days. Here's a pic of them on my car.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very sharp.
So, they screw onto the hard lines coming out of the fender.
Makes sense. My hood wouldn't open today, so I can't check.
Well, my stealership quoted me $320 for one line, and $280 for the other, plus the little line underneath, which i was too afraid to get a price on. (Note, all prices are $CDN as well)
Does anybody know of a cheap(ish) place to get that line?
All of mine leak, and while it is cold out, I am not too worried, but I would like to change them before it gets too warm out.

That SS line kit looks very sharp, and looks well built and pretty easy to install.
I am going to give it some serious thought.
Don't suppose there is a discount on them for a poor canaidan boy? =)
I might go with the rennbay kit because it costs less. I don't mind spending more time installing it if it's less expensive.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Zero10 - if you decide to go with the rennbay kit let me know and I will ley you have mine at a good price.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:08 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I plan to use all the fittings as pauerman does, then I am gonna weld an AN adapter bung onto the fpr, and try to make it all work right.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:14 PM
tomc_85.5_944
Racer

The local auto parts store should have high pressure fuel injection hose in stock with hose clamps that are not ribbed used in fuel injection situations. My short hose running under the fuel rail went, and the dealship quoted $60. All parts and hose from the Advance Auto was $6. Hose was rated to 65psi? and we are at 45-50?? The screw on fittings have standard nipples after you cut off the compression fitting with a dremel, just like normal, so you can use a standard hose clamp. Probably not the best for high performance applications, but works great for me, being the cheap bastard that I am.....
Old 02-07-2004, 08:35 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

I'm very happy with my rennbay lines. No issues so far from temps from +30°C to -30°C. No leaks and they look fantastic. The price is good and the installation is easy. Travis shipped them to me incredibly quickly.

I've keep a pretty keen eye on my fuel lines and if there's ever a hint of a leak, I'll probably switch to AN... but that hasn't happened yet.

Justin
Old 02-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Hmm, Matt I am interested. Was yours from Rennbay?
My line that goes underneath the fuel rail leaks as well. I will try the stealership for that line, because it is not that the rubber failed, but all the fittings seem to seep. I tried tightening them a little, but I think there is something wrong with them.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Zero, yours all leak because that's the nature of a hose clamped connection, the clamping force is not consistent and over time with thermal cycling, the connection must leak. It doesn't matter what kind of hose is used, it's just a matter of time.

Sam
Old 02-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Well yes and no Sam.
2 of them are leaking underneath the second covering, about in the middle of the hose. I can see it running out of there.
The line that runs underneath is leaking at the fittings, so I am going to just replace the line if it's not too expensive.
So, the SS line kit sounds pretty tempting, especially if the price is right. Let me take a closer look at my lines, so I can see how hard it will be to install.
Just to make sure I have this straight, if I just cut off the compression fittings, there will be a tube with a barb on it underneath the hose?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, just so we're all using the same/correct terms, AN fittings WILL NOT fit on a stock fuel system on our cars. Our cars use metric fitting which are very different from AN. I suspect you all are confusing the concept of reusable hose ends with the actually sizing standard called AN or Air Corp./Navy standard, also called Dash sizing.

Metric reusable hose ends are available from a few vendors, as I have posted many times in the past. Most notably BAT or British American Transfer http://www.batinc.net/files/ahosend.pdf which sells XPR metric hose ends and dash sized hose. If I remember correctly, the last time I measured the rigid lines on my car the proper dash size for the hoses was -6.

By the way, the gold and black hose end visible in Jeremy's picture is a metric XRP reusable fitting.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Fuel Lines for 951/944

Hey guys, my name is Vic.

I've just started a new business, and I'm happy to see the feedback and interest my fuel line replacement kit has generated. Thank you, Jeremy and Sam, for your kind words.

Please contact me directly if you would like a detailed breakdown of the kit. My address is: pauerzone@***.net

Here are a few pics
Attached Images  

Last edited by Pauerman; 02-10-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

another pic
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Cant wait to order mine, come on this weekend, big bonus check, big bonus check no whammies, no whammies.

Quick Reply: Rennbay Fuel Lines