Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARGHH i hate pigs!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 02:38 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, now I have to have my remote set on two channels.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=113020
Old 02-06-2004, 02:57 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally posted by M Danger
Hey most people dont like cops, so all of you trying to play "holier than thou" just drop it. Im sure you arent saying what a great guy that cop that just gave you a ticket, is are you?, Jackasses (IMHO)
Actually, I was saying "what a great guy" about the cop who gave me the only ticket that found it's way to my record. I should have recieved a reckless driving ticket, but he only wrote me up for 19 over (20 is reckless in VA). I wanted to send him a Christmas card.

That's not to say I haven't run into my fair share of dickheaded cops. I had one add just enough to my speed to make it reckless (got thrown out in court) and I even got stopped one time for driving with my lights on. But I've come across plenty of nice ones, too.

Most of the people I know who have issues with "******* cops" are usually people who bring it on themselves. I'm not saying this is your case, this is just what I've seen. It's just that they often draw all kinds of negative attention to themselves. And even if they are pulled over for a minor thing, they might not realize that maybe the reason they were pulled over for something so trivial is because the cop saw them do something really bad at one point but couldn't get to them. But he remembered the person and once he had the opportunity to do something, well...

In any event, you're upset and frustrated. If you really wanted to vent, then fine, I'm not passing any judgement. I didn't like the way you appear to be trying to weasel out of it, but whatever, it's not my life.

BB.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I can see M Dangers' point. He hates pigs. Me, I dislike donkeys and chickens---goats and horses are alright, and cows are cool with me.

But that "MacDonald" character had better watch his steps--old or not, he's asking for it.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts

Eric--what's your problem with chickens??? Antichickenite.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:41 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok ONE last post;
I said That i thought I was right at first, (read that 20 times),
I DO drive better than MOST, never said i didnt make any mistakes.

Damn i make one wrong turn, and everyone trys to hammer me into submission. Like im some kind of maniac driver. Dont judge me before you know me. Ive never been in an accident and never gotten a traffic ticket before, or warning or even been stopped.

So ill thank hose of you that have passed judgement on me,you to keep those opinions to yourself.

Well in houston most cops are here to make money through tickets, thats the feeling ive gotten.
I didnt commit a major crime or anything, or purposely break the law , sheesh!

yeah you guys say "when you need the cops" which is rare, and im sure you dont "need them" to give you a ticket.

I highly doubt anyone of you wouldnt try to get out of a ticket as much as possible, or do you like having you insurance go up?

you all speed, you have all broken the law and im sure you all would "deserve" many more tickets than you have recieved.
but thanks for letting me be your whipping boy,

Now keep in mind not all of my posts refered to all of you, at once.

the one time i ask for help......
sorry im not part of the in crowd, here.
learned my lesson, might as well just have asked another cop...

I regret the thread, guess i was expecting a little kindness, but again i have learned my lesson.
tough to even get out alive here
Old 02-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are misunderstanding, your initial attitude was blaming the cop and I hate PIGS. No one is trying to hammer you into submission, what we are saying is that just like every one of us you have broken the law, difference being, you got caught and you dont like it. I dont have a problem so much with what you did but with how you handled yourself.

While people may try to get out of a ticket we dont come here and whine that we got it or blame it on the cop like it was his fault.

When you need cops is relative, when my wife was in an accident 2 days ago I was damn pleased that one came to calm her down. When I am speeding on the way home of course I am not happy to see one. That being said, I accept the consequences of my actions and when I get a ticket I handle it, I dont whine that some cop has it in for me, or that the law isnt right (I dont think speed limits are high enough to be honest but that is irrelevant).

I dont think anyone is making you their whipping boy, and if they are you brought it on yourself.

You are part of the crowd and part of the group but coming here with a title of I HATE PIGS is not likely to get you any sympathy. It is likely to get you lectures about authority (which it did) and cause the readers to be less sympathetic to your cause (which it also did). Blaming the officer for ticketing you doesnt address the problem, you broke the law and as of yet, you are unwilling to see it any other way (arguing that we have all done it, etc. does not make your case stronger).

I suggest maybe something like this.
"I made an illegal U-turn (though I didnt know it was illegal) and received a summons. I would like advice on what to do about it."
Take responsibility, state your side (which doesnt help much in this case), ask for advise. The outcome of this thread would have been much different.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:56 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Damn i make one wrong turn,
Well, you make it sound like you've made this wrong turn many times before, and will continue to do so.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:02 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

maybe so, but i was a little mad, can i get mad? huh?,
if i thought the cop was, wrong, as im sure cops have been wrong before, then I though i could vent here a little? and IF,, IF.... IF he was wrong then woudlnt you try to get out of the ticket?
couldnt anyone see that?

IF I am wrong then fine I deserve the ticket< ive already said this SEVERAL times.(well i dont think i desrved it could have just given me a warning)

Well ok lets not say everyone hates cops, But no one likes authority. Same difference
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

What a strange day.

We have an "established" poster who has been on the board for almost 3 years that makes a post you would expect out of a new member, and in another thread we have a new member who makes a well, written first post about his car and his 968 motor swap that he has already done (instead of the obligatory "what does it take to turbo my n/a" post).

I'm waiting for the locusts and the plagues to come next. Anyone want to join me in my fallout shelter?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:05 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by iloveporsches
Well, you make it sound like you've made this wrong turn many times before, and will continue to do so.
well the difference being with the light red or green.
this U turn is not illegal , just that i apparently did it on red
Old 02-06-2004, 04:53 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Yes, yes you can get mad. No one is saying that you can't say you are mad. I don't think anyone here would blame you for being angry or upset that you got a ticket. In fact, if you look, there is a recent post about "how many tickets" have you gotten.....

If an officer WAS ACTUALLY WRONG, then by all means, yes something needs to be done and that charge/ticket/whatever needs to be dropped and looked at. If he was beyond his job requirements, harassing, etc. then he may need to even be reprimanded, lose his job or if the offense is bad enough and criminal, needs to be punished/fined/jailed/imprisoned. Marking something wrong on the ticket that might get you a lower fine (have you called and asked to see with the court?) is giving you something of a break. You don't know that he didn't.

Here, one county has a rule that if an officer actually pulls you over, they HAVE to give you a ticket. No warnings, no talks, no nuffin. A ticket. They won't even pull people over for just plain speeding if it's not blatant and reckless. I've passed them going double the speed limit in the opposite direction and they just wave (having only 2 radar guns in the county helps ). We have a city here (in the same county, btw) that handles things differently. Well, similar in that they don't usually stop people unless it's doing something reckless. They post in the paper where each day that week they will be doing radar patrol. And they come out IN FORCE. We're talking 20 cop cars on one stretch of road. Unfortunately a lot of people don't check the Sunday paper (even online for free!) and you will find swarms of blue lights in those areas the whole time. An officer working for either place has to also take into account the rules by which they are asked to work. Some places here don't advertise where they'll be and just do random cruising around the city/county. Some places give you 15 over before they will even stop you. Some go to 10. Again, they are doing their jobs. Again, I'll say it's better to get to know them and how they work than to treat them as the enemy. BTW, if you do treat them as the enemy, remember the old quote "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." so again, it may pay to get to know some of them and extract helpful info from them.....find out who the nice cops are and who the pissy ones are. One city here doesn't require a quota and a friend of mine with nearly 30 years on the force and still on road patrol won't write tickets unless he absolutely has to. He won't play politics to go up the ladder, but they don't care where he drives in the city and when a big problem comes up that the chief doesn't know how to handle, they call him. So you just never know who you'll run across.

I don't dislike authority, I dislike the abuse of it and I dislike excessive amounts of it. There must be some law and authority or there would be no order in our civilization.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

HAHAHAHA Tifo, your posts, as well as your avatars, are always good for a chuckle ...oh, and everyone keep an eye on their first born sons
Old 02-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Adam Roberts
Instructor

Danger:

By your behavior, I'm assuming that you didn't know at the time what you did was considered illegal. (I know a lot of people that think you can make a left turn on red if no cars are coming. )

You're saying "How could I get pulled over if I didn't break the law?" is going through your mind.

Well, now you know.

I don't think that any fine or ticket is going to change that. You got pulled over, ticket or not, I'm sure you won't do it again.

I don't see how paying a fine and fattening municipal and insurance company wallets is going to remedy that situation any better.

But the point is that it was illegal , and you got caught....

I totally understand this.

So. you learned your lesson, now lets get to the real reason you posted. You want to GET OUT OF the ticket. You now you know you're inadvertently to blame and you don't need anybody to keep raking you across the coals for it. You need to pickup the pieces and wipe that spot of your record.

To get out of the ticket.. you'll have to go to court:

You could hire a lawyer. That will cost you about $500. Typical laywers in my area will charge that for a traffic ticket case. They can't guarantee anything to you either. Just that it'll cost $500 and however the judge is feeling that day.

You could represent yourself. If the cop wrote it down as running a stop sign, you could tell the judge that this is a physical impossiblity since there is no stop sign in the area, and request that it be thrown out of court.

You could also argue that you had a green light if the cop's onboard video camera didn't record the light, or didn't have one, and that the Traffic lights aren't computer controlled, hence having their records summoned easily.

You can also dispute the time frame.... also dependent on the video.

Or you could just say its not worth the trouble and pay the fine and assess the points.

Remember that if you lose in court.. you most likely will have to pay court costs. In Florida, that's around $500 in itself. The Judge could also give you a lesser sentence, or let you off entirely. Its just how the judge feels that day.

and of course the officer may not even show up to court.. therefore you win automagically.

Also, use a very polite, courteous tone, even if you know you're going to lose in court. That could save you a lot. in the long run.

By the way. You said you GOT OUT of the car after he pulled you over? If I were a cop I would have had my hand on my gun or something thinking you were armed. Stuff like that would go through my mind if I were a cop.

I have ALWAYS stayed inside my car. Always polite and courteous, never arguementative. Treat him/her like a good friend. Remember, that the cop doesn't have to write you a ticket. (at least in my area) they come to an abandoned parking lot sometimes to watch me do donuts and race laps. I wave at them.

I think a lot of people on the board misinterpreted your initial confusion as thinking you're always right, or can't ever be wrong. Now that WILL start a fight.

of course, if you DO think you're always right. And in that case, disreguard everything I said, and I think you're an *******.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where do you live that the lights are not computer controlled? Siberia?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Adam Roberts
Instructor

They could be Timer controlled.

Those are the ones without the square metal coil embeded under the pavement .

Usually in City Limits. Or places there's a lot of traffic. Some places use it as a speed control method. If you go the speed limit, all the lights will be green for you.

Quick Reply: ARGHH i hate pigs!!