Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARGHH i hate pigs!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

"Pig"... Pride, Integrity, Guts!

If you want out of the ticket, consult a local attorney. Personally, I hope you quit the practise of U-turns on red, as I just got into an accident in Gallup NM when a local did the same sort of thing and didn't bother to look and see if there was oncoming traffic (me). I still hurt...

Regards,
Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by savage944
As a former officer, I would say... you can make left hand turns on red only in those areas with One way streets and when turning onto one, some states have this, but not all.

As for U-turn -- big no no. Especially given your diagram, on top of that, you may have irritated the officer by doing it in front of him and then when he pulled you over how did you talk to him. (We dont know since we were not present) It could be a matter of how the conversation went.

I know when I pulled people over I didnt decide on the ticket till after I talked to them. It was all about their attitude and language. Just a thought, but if you where confrontational or giving him a hard time... maybe why you got a ticket and not a warning.... but I wasnt their and their are two sides to everything. Either way, no u-turns on red, I suggest not doing that. Then again.. you said you did this in front of a officer before, could it be the same officer and he remembers and thought it was time to do something about it? Especially if their are not a lot of P-cars in your area, makes it easy to remember.

AS for the ticket --->Maybe by marking stop sign he is giving you a break, making it a lesser offense or smaller fine. I dont know about their, but often a stop sign is a lesser offense than a stop light.

A good attorney might be able to argue that technicality and get you off saying their is no stop sign at that intersectiong, but... you have the expense of a attorney or what ever, and then again since you do this on a regular basis, then their is always the chance that you will get caught again and so on. I suggest that regardless about what you do on this ticket, in the future go down the street and then turn around and come back, do a legal U turn or pull in someplace and get turned around.

I cant imagine what it would be like if you make a fuss about this and then get caught at it again....
Thanks for the input,
Well i was already pulling into my parking spot, about 100ft away.
Im pretty sure it wasnt the same officer, different car to begin with.
I got out of the car right as he did, he was already walking toward me, with the clipboard already in hand, i asked him what it was about(but i already knew). try to argue for a second but he was headed back toward the station(it just a couple miles down the road) so he probably figured to ad another tally
Well i never really pay attention to the light color, typically if its red and theres trafic comming ill have to wait till its green to stop the opposing traffic, if its red and theres no one around, ive probably gone, never even though about it.
you cant make a left there ONLY a U turn, but theres no "turn" signal, only and the next set of lights up is there a "turn" signal, where you can make a left turn into the neighborhood.

i wont get caught again.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:18 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by sh944
"Pig"... Pride, Integrity, Guts!

If you want out of the ticket, consult a local attorney. Personally, I hope you quit the practise of U-turns on red, as I just got into an accident in Gallup NM when a local did the same sort of thing and didn't bother to look and see if there was oncoming traffic (me). I still hurt...

Regards,
Im very good in traffic, i waited till it was clear. i did stop wait a few seconds till it was clear from cross traffic.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:37 AM
itsme-itsme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You deserve a fine for the attitude.... never mind the offence.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"huh?? you must be joking."
Not at all, I've never been a game player.

"Always deny, deny, deny"
Why? Can't admit you might just be wrong, and take it like a man?

"my record is perfect and id like to keep it that way."
Well, ya might learn the local traffic laws a lot better than you do, and just be more aware?

"hey doesnt matter if i was right or wrong, if i can get out of it why not?"
This I just don't understand.........I've never understood "scammers"

"besides, its not like i commited a crime against humanity."
I aggree........so whats the big deal about just paying the fine?

"i made that same turn when there were no lights there, should i have stop and waited until they installed those lights to make the turn?"

I hear the same kinda of thing from a lot of coworkers that say ...."we've been doing it this way for 30 years, why should we change now". My response to that has always been.....your right! even though its outdated and doesn't work well any more, lets stay stupid for another 30 years.

"Never Give in!"
Sorry, I believe in picking much more worthy causes.

ALL OF THIS IMHO.........of course!

Old 02-06-2004, 01:00 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by itsme-itsme
You deserve a fine for the attitude.... never mind the offence.
I like my attitude
got a problem with that?
Old 02-06-2004, 01:12 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Granite 944
"huh?? you must be joking."
Not at all, I've never been a game player.

"Always deny, deny, deny"
Why? Can't admit you might just be wrong, and take it like a man?

"my record is perfect and id like to keep it that way."
Well, ya might learn the local traffic laws a lot better than you do, and just be more aware?

"hey doesnt matter if i was right or wrong, if i can get out of it why not?"
This I just don't understand.........I've never understood "scammers"

"besides, its not like i commited a crime against humanity."
I aggree........so whats the big deal about just paying the fine?

"i made that same turn when there were no lights there, should i have stop and waited until they installed those lights to make the turn?"

I hear the same kinda of thing from a lot of coworkers that say ...."we've been doing it this way for 30 years, why should we change now". My response to that has always been.....your right! even though its outdated and doesn't work well any more, lets stay stupid for another 30 years.

"Never Give in!"
Sorry, I believe in picking much more worthy causes.

ALL OF THIS IMHO.........of course!

Hey im not scammer, i did everything safely, Guys that do everything they're told make me sick. does it matter?
you missed the point, just because there it a law doesnt make it right or wrong, The world could be alot better off with out so many rules, I think i can make my own judgements.

So youve never exceeded the speed limit?

I really dont care about it, Im not interested in playing the game either, with the cops, insurance, laws, traffic school? which is the bigger "game"? Its just a big waste of My time.
Only laws im remotley interested in following are those of physics, and I try to break those too!
Old 02-06-2004, 01:17 AM
JediAgent
Racer

This is getting dangerous... time to hijack.

Is it worth fighting a ticket if you admit breaking the law for safety?
I mean: I was caught running a red light on a freeway onramp (the lights for car pool here in SoCal) But i did not see the light until the truck with a camper sheel who also blew the light passed it. It was a banking 270 degree turn and between looking right at the truck and forward-right into the turn i wasn't able to see the light until it was too late to stop without losing some traction. I know that is a somewhat simple proposition to negotiate with a well balanced 944, but my car has long had a small oil leak, and the right rubber sway bar bushing is crap and jumps all over the place. Makes me feel somewhat unsafe in right turning situations (i.e. this on ramp) I KNOW I BROKE THE LAW. But is it resonable to let a judge know what i think the safety problem was and why i avoided it? I think i might try extending the court date to something weird that the officer might take vaction on. Maybe i'll try and find out when his vacation is...
Old 02-06-2004, 01:25 AM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know a reason I'd want to get out of it. Freaking insurance companies. I pay 277 a month for mine with one accident and one ticket. Now thats a crime against humanity.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by JediAgent
This is getting dangerous... time to hijack.

Is it worth fighting a ticket if you admit breaking the law for safety?
I mean: I was caught running a red light on a freeway onramp (the lights for car pool here in SoCal) But i did not see the light until the truck with a camper sheel who also blew the light passed it. It was a banking 270 degree turn and between looking right at the truck and forward-right into the turn i wasn't able to see the light until it was too late to stop without losing some traction. I know that is a somewhat simple proposition to negotiate with a well balanced 944, but my car has long had a small oil leak, and the right rubber sway bar bushing is crap and jumps all over the place. Makes me feel somewhat unsafe in right turning situations (i.e. this on ramp) I KNOW I BROKE THE LAW. But is it resonable to let a judge know what i think the safety problem was and why i avoided it? I think i might try extending the court date to something weird that the officer might take vaction on. Maybe i'll try and find out when his vacation is...
i dont think i would go telling a judge that the reason i broke a law is because when i got in my car that morning i knew it was an unsafe car to make right turns in but i got on the freeway anyway... unless the judge is a nascar fan
Old 02-06-2004, 01:40 AM
JediAgent
Racer

Originally posted by Dan Gallagher
i dont think i would go telling a judge that the reason i broke a law is because when i got in my car that morning i knew it was an unsafe car to make right turns in but i got on the freeway anyway... unless the judge is a nascar fan
Thats what my pop said.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll chime in and stand up for Houston cops. I blew through a red light in a freakin' 911 downtown one day, and the guy that pulled me over just gave me a warning. I tried making the light on yellow and wasn't even close. He had me dead-to-rights. I would've just paid the ticket.

I don't push my luck at yellow lights anymore either.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:39 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

I think just about everyone here can tell stories about both lenient cops and hardass cops... because really, both types are out there. I could tell you about a story where I got off with a smile and a warning only because thecop had fun playing cat-and-mouse with me for over 2 miles, I was sober, and he was bored at 330 in the morning. I could also tell you a wonderful story about a cop that chatted with me for almost 10 minutes after pulling me over for speeding. We discussed the crazy weather that day, where I was going (which was MY FIRST day of work) and the like. He let me go with a summons for RECKLESS DRIVING for speeding 86 in a 65... now I don't want to hear about attitude, because honestly, I'm not the average guy my age. I respect my elders and those in authority over me. I talk courtiestly to others and never get "lip" to authority figures except when they seriously show no respect for me (which no police officer has ever done!). However, even though I was breaking the law at the time, I'm pretty sure the officer believed me that I didn't intend to do so, becuase I really didn't know I was doing 86! For some reason, even with my then-clean record, he sent me on my way with summons to a court date. I ended up going to traffic school and paying a total of $210.

But even though that is "legal"... is that justice? I did nothing to hard anyone nor pose any thread to anyone near me, as the flow of traffic on that particular road is about 80 mph. I don't like stupid tickets, and I can sympathize with Danger on that.

That being said, I would never have pulled a U-turn on a red. In my book, that's still a "turn," and red disallows us of all turns! However, if Danger was courtious to the officer, I don't agree with the ticket. Yeah, it might technically be illegal, but so is passing a car in VA without honking your horn (an early 20th century traffic law never remissed)... Danger really did nothing wrong!

Danger, if you are concerned about the dough, just pay it. If you are concerned about your record, get a lawyer. Chances are they will get it totally taken away!

Just IMHO as well though
Old 02-06-2004, 06:45 AM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Reply is not worth it..
Old 02-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Antonio951
Drifting

I just think the name calling is very offensive, you deserved to get that ticket. Its like calling black people the "N" word. Very VERY diss respectful.

Quick Reply: ARGHH i hate pigs!!