Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Praise for our cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:14 AM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not pent up. Just some idiot starting an arugement over something he doesn'nt even know about.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:54 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Songzzz
Smoke them, let the car do the talking. :P
...I might share the same philosophy on occassion!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you drive your car because it's called a Porsche? You certainly care that it's recognized as one? But why, you like the car I presume, so just enjoy it for what it is. Why be bothered by someone who doesn't know better than to assume it's "not a real Porsche".
Ahmet
Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I haven't had to have this argument with anyone yet. Most people I've talked to who find out I have one are just plain in awe and don't know enough to care either way. Beyond that, I've had only "cool car", "nice car", etc. for mine. I've had a couple of 911 drivers ignore me, but then again, I watch friends of mine go down the road every day and tell them I saw them and they are clueless. Some people just don't see outside of their own little world.

I wanted a Porsche for many years, so yeah, I'm proud to own one. I achieved one of my life's goals.

The only argument I've had car-wise lately was a guy who said carbs were better than EFI (especially with a signal massager or a standalone system tunable by the driver). He just couldn't get beyond the fact that with a laptop you can tune and make your car run better without having to put in new parts. That you can datalog and see where any problems might be to fix them (talking purely street and not racecars here). In the end all he could say was "they rev better/sound better sitting still" WTF?????? I think he was talking about the fact most EFI cars have all of the intake stuff that quietens in the inrush of air and the exhausts on newer cars are quieter. He didn't want to believe that a MAF/MAP kit on my car and a nice exhaust would make it sound much louder.

Anyway, on the air/water argument.....Porsche believes in us, not in the air-cooled crowd anymore when it comes time to cool their current and future vehicles....so do they consider all new 911s to be "fake" Porsches too?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Ahmet,

After being in the street racing scene for a few years (though honestly not THAT involved!) I got used to people arguing over cars. The one thing that pissed just about anyone off, was people making stupid comments about your car (though not about mine.... because I didn't race) while at the same time having something that either a) beat theirs or b) is just a much better car. Those people weren't really listened to after a while by most!

I don't know about everyone one else, but I don't mind so much if people don't necessarily like my car, but I'd like it a lot better if they just shuttup about it, lol And it is especially agrivating when they try to tell you "facts" about your car that they simply know by rumors and are actually completely false!

Thats just me though.

Quick Reply: Praise for our cars