Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:36 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Helmet Group Buy

Well I need a helmet for Autocross this year and I bet a bunch of you do as well. So who is interested in a group buy? I expect that we will be able to get 10% and hope for 20% off the going rate.

I nominate the G-Force Hybrid SA2000 Helmet. . I have seen nothing but positive reviews for this helmet and feel like it would be perfect for my needs wearing glasses. The max price in group buy would be $180 and the min $160.

I will go in for the first two orders and perhaps a third to get it started.

I would hope to have a group buy completed and all helmets delivered by the end of February.

Please reply if you might be interested and I will negociate for the best deal we can get once I have an idea on numbers.

Last edited by BruceWard; 01-27-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:40 PM
alpenweissisnice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personnally am more interested in an open face design, but am def interested in a group buy...
Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought that very helmet last summer - great helmet and a good value.

Since I already have one, don't count me in the group buy. Just endorsing a product that I like.

-Z-man.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:53 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Here is the blurb, I should have included this earlier.

The new G-FORCE Racing Gear Pro Force Hybrid is just that, a dual implementation of the quality points from both our full-face design and the open face G-FORCE Racing Gear Helmets. The Hybrid has the same G-Flow ventilation system for hot air evacuation and added comfort. The enclosed chin bar offers the same full-face frontal impact deflection. With an open eye port, the driver can get fresh air without opening a shield or using an air intake system. A driver with eyeglasses may prefer the Hybrid as a way to control fog within the eye port. For sun & glare deflection the Hybrid comes with the same shaded visor as the open face designs. The Hybrid includes the reinforced mounting points for the new G-FORCE Racing Gear SRS-1 helmet restraint system.

Alpenweiss it may be possible to have a group buy with different helmets involved. If possible I would like to stick to the G-Force lineup.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:05 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

This is back with John D's permission, so please let me know how many of you would be interested and what products you would like and I will spend some time finding the best discount possible.

Also if any Rennlist sponsors are interested in participating please get in touch!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Geo
Race Director

I'm not in need of a new helmet, but for those who may be wondering about G-Force quality, I'll throw in my $0.02.

I had considered one for a while (the Forced Air helmet), but was concerned about quality. Then, at one of my races last year Bobby Archer Motorsports had some. I was instantly very impressed. IMHO they are as good or better than the Bell Sport II helmets I have. I would buy another G-Force in a heartbeat.

My new Forced Air G-Force helmet is currently out for professional painting (Kuzzins Kustoms). Look for a new avatar sometime in the near future.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:14 AM
mpw
Instructor

I don't need one either since I already have one, but I'll vouch for the quality of G-Force. I had some concerns when I bought mine because it was considerably cheaper than the equivalent Bell and Simpson helmets. When I got it, I was pleasantly surprised, it's the most comfortable helmet I've worn. Last month at VIR, I let my girlfriend use my helmet and I borrowed a friend's Bell; I immediately wanted my G-Force back. If you guys can get these helmets at a great price (they're already a bargain), get one.

I have the Pro Force 1

Old 01-29-2004, 01:16 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

I might be in for one if we get enough people. I need a helmet anyway.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:32 AM
mpw
Instructor

Originally posted by Geo
George Roffe
00 328i
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
91 Sentra SE-R (borrowed SCCA ITS race car)
http://www.nissport.com
Wow George, small world. I remember you from the old SE-R list. I was pretty active on it back in '95-'97, about the same time Merlin was first putting headers on the mule. How's that for a blast from the past? I'm glad to see you're still into the SE-Rs. I've yet to own one, even as much as I was (and still am) in love with those cars; someday though. Anyway, just figured I'd say hi.

- Matt
Old 01-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Geo
Race Director

Hi Matt. You're right, small world. Haven't heard Merlin's name in a long time. Analog Mike from the SE-R list is on Rennlist as well. He still has his SE-R and his 911 PCA club racer.

I still have my SE-R but it has been a very large paperweight for the last 5 years. Long story, but a very prominent head builder didn't clean out the oil galleys after cleaning it with steel shot. I had no idea and it took out a $6k engine. Now it's waiting for my race car to be finished so I ahve some time and money to restore it. I'm looking forward to driving it again. They are indeed a fun car.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:26 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

keeping it up and expressing interest
Old 02-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

I need one and am definitely interested. Does anyone have a source for samples to try on for size??

Bill Foster
Old 02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Well I have a source and am running a group buy for my local PCA. Email me and Ill get you in. We are looking at a March 10th closing date and delivery before the 20th.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bruce, please let me know ASAP if you did not receive the PM I sent you.

Thank you,
Old 03-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bruce: I just talked to one of my clients who happens to work part time on 2 Nascar teams (Busch and truck series). He referred me to a place in Indianapolis, "Discount Racing Equipment". I don't much about the store, but thought I would pass the info along.

Quick Reply: Helmet Group Buy